It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Earthquake on March 22, 2011 at 4PM? What???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Apparently a Hoax....

An email being sent this weekend entitled “8.4 Earthquake California prediction” is false. In fact, the same fake warning made news roughly one year ago. On or around April 14, 2010, U.S. residents complained of received a fake warning of a pending 8.4 earthquake being allegedly predicted for California. That same exact warning is making news this weekend, spawn by Saturday evening’s Perigee Moon or Supermoon and a recent telecast on FOX Business Channel.

news.lalate.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well thank god for that, Would not have gone down well, last thing we need is another japan situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I don't think the prediction is false. A prediction is just that.. a prediction. The guy on Fox News predicted the 86 earthquake because he said there were signs.. like large amounts of dead fish..etc..etc..

If Cali doesn't get hit by the end of this week... or 2011.. .that's great. But, it's better that professionals gather clues so that they might PREDICT the earthquake.. right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The real resonance with 1906 California quake will be on April 23 2011 on Standard graph, the one that ends on December 21 2012.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Its impossible to predict an exact time of an earthquake, its a sudden occurance, nevertheless an inevitable one at that.
edit on 22-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Please do not state that it is impossible to predict earthquakes. Earthquakes have been predicted. Even ONE prediction to the day PROVES any statement that "it's impossible to predict earthquakes" false. How about a prediction accurate to within a week? a month?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serafine
Please do not state that it is impossible to predict earthquakes. Earthquakes have been predicted. Even ONE prediction to the day PROVES any statement that "it's impossible to predict earthquakes" false. How about a prediction accurate to within a week? a month?
HAVE there been any precise predictions, ever, in the history of mankind? i do not know of a single one.

and saying that if only ONE prediction comes true, that proves the validity or reality of premonitions is sort of er, denying the law of probabilities? don't get me wrong, i believe wholeheartedly in precognition and always have, i have had my own "feelings" that come true. but saying that a single incident proves anything is not true. that's like saying you take a deck of fifty cards, try and get someone to guess them accurately and if he is right one time he is a freaking psychic. nope.

people need to be reasonable here, keep their feet on the ground, and stop believing every damn thing they read.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

Have any of these predictions saved lives??

P.S I quote 'an EXACT time of an earthquake' is impossible to predict with enough time in advance to make a difference.

the best prediction is.....there will be earthquakes...anytime, anywhere.
edit on 22-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
reply to post by Serafine

Have any of these predictions saved lives??

P.S I quote 'an EXACT time of an earthquake' is impossible to predict with enough time in advance to make a difference.
thats another great point that i don't hear people bring up too often in this leg humping of so-called "experts" with "predictions".

it doesn't matter a ratzazz unless it is useful to someone. the only thing being right on a prediction will buy you is a high five or a free beer or fame on a forum or maybe an article somewhere. in other words, an ego boost. some jerkoff is going on tv probably getting paid bank to scare a bunch of people just because he got it right one time. big deal. he didn't predict the japanese earthquake and that is a far, far bigger deal, and if you had the right kind of eyes one would think you would see that coming. again, predicting earthquakes in california is shooting fish in a barrel. it don't make you a fisherman.
edit on 22-3-2011 by themysterymachine because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Something yall should consider.....

If you look at yer favorite real time earthquake app or site (the more accurate the better)

You will notice 2 things..the swarm of quakes in California.....and on the opposite end of the plate.....the swarm in Japan.

Now the magnitude is not important, but the frequency of the quakes and where they appear in relation to each other IS.

What i mean is that the quakes are running parrallel to one another along the faults in general. This means that the plate hasn't settled yet. The news already reported that there was a fresh build up of preassure outside Tokyo due to the major event they had.

Article here and Here

That preassure has to go somewhere right? Now look at California's run of quake activity. It not very high in magnitude but the occurance of them is increasing.

Know what I think? Both Japan and Cali will have a serious event in a Mag 8 or higher....then and only then will you see the weight balance on the plate. IMO it simply hasn't adjusted yet to a stable balance of mass...and these reports of quake activity is just a hint as to whats to come.

Will it occur this week? Who knows......yet it will occur....and sooner rather than later......

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
The guy says it will occur at approximately 16.00 UTC at the US west coast.
I used a time converter and that means it will hit California at 9 in the morning, local time.
That's 15 hours from now.

I never had much faith in Timewave predictions, but this is interresting.
Especially since Jim Berkland also predicted a big quake in that region in the very same time window.
And he has apparently been like 80% correct in his previous earthquake predictions.

Scary stuff...

Well if its true, then I will experience it since I'm here in Washington State, took some sleepin meds so I can maybe rest easy tonight, lol. Not that I put a lot of belief into predictions, but its been a trip lately who knows right?! Anywhoo, I just wanted to thank you for a lil more background info on this topic. Thanks,
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yeah, there are MANY predictions that don't come true, but was THIS the same person, or source? If so has their methods for prediction changed at all? Because otherwise this would not matter.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Aw hell, tomorrow is my only day off and im going to the bay area to get my new car. I really hope this guy is wrong cuz im gonna be pissed if theres a tidal wave chasing me home...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You say it's impossible but some of the scientist say that they know the signs to look for... wow
I don't think you understand how a prediction works unless I'm misunderstanding the point your trying to make. (I'm actually frustrated because I don't understand what your saying...) Scientist, trained in seismology , take all their training... they look at what they feel are the facts and they make a PREDICTION. A prediction is just that...not a fact but a guess, right? Based on what YOU the individual thinks? WTH am I getting wrong here?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ha, nice try. Don't forget, that coot who predicted one earthquake years before said there would be a giant one on the 19th. Well, there wasn't. It's the same thing all over again: An troll attempts to scare everyone with predictions of impending disasters, uses sorry excuses to justify it. The prediction turns out to be false and the troll loses all credibility.

And the worst part is this: this cycle repeats itself over and over again. No one ever learns anything from this.

Of course, if this earthquake DID come to pass just hours from now, then I'll be damned!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There was a 3.3. in Malibu at 6:26:10 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Perhaps a foreshock?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What is considered a major quake?? Is there a number or is it based on damage and lose of life?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by themysterymachine

Originally posted by Serafine
HAVE there been any precise predictions, ever, in the history of mankind? i do not know of a single one.

and saying that if only ONE prediction comes true, that proves the validity or reality of premonitions is sort of er, denying the law of probabilities? don't get me wrong, i believe wholeheartedly in precognition and always have, i have had my own "feelings" that come true. but saying that a single incident proves anything is not true. that's like saying you take a deck of fifty cards, try and get someone to guess them accurately and if he is right one time he is a freaking psychic. nope.

people need to be reasonable here, keep their feet on the ground, and stop believing every damn thing they read.

I stared this but that being said there really could not be any bible believers if they could not believe in predictions..it is all about the predictions. Anyway i must not be to concerned with the ca quake, i am in the danger area have a bug out bad but here I am almost 10 am still in my robe not ready to get out at all! Didn't sleep well last night probably from reading to many "predictions"!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fromtheheart66

There is a chart here on the wiki page for the Richter scale—the scale used to classify earthquake magnitudes. According to that chart, 7.0–7.9 are classified as major quakes. Earthquakes from 8.0 to 9.9 are great quakes. Anything above that would be classified as massive; it should be noted though that no earthquake of that strength has ever been recorded.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well it looks like the sun may be ready to give us a little more action.
spaceweather.com...
The same sunspot that was around on March 11th, is coming around for another crack at us. If my theory is correct, expect another quake over 8.0 by this weekend. My guess would be the New Madrid Fault and not necessarily Japan or California. With all the magnetic ananomolies(sp) and rumbles being heard in the east I think this will be a mid-west or eastern event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join