It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the birds waking up early where you are too?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Heh was going to start a thread on this myself.

Maybe the birds have always been singing late at late but it's only the last year or 2 that I've actually started noticing them at hours like this (3am)

Seems really weird though that I'd only notice it recently despite having a regular night owl sleep pattern for well over 10 years

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Northern Alabama here, both my girlfriend and I noticed the same thing around the November,December timeframe. We have actually commented to each other about this about 1:30am on several occasions. I do not remember noticing this in the past and have been a nite owl for years. Add this to the list of strange and unusual happenings during the past several months...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
2:20am and the birds are singing, uk, midlands, the clocks go forward on sunday, just wondering if it would effect the times and make them appear more normal. birds do not take into account for the clocks going back, so when they go back the birds will start singing earlier than usual.

but if we account for that that would still make it 3.20am when they go forward.

there are some very mixed answer from people when asked the question "what time do birds start singing"

www.answerbag.com...

the dawn chours does not account for birds singing in the middle of the night, it is called the dawn chorus for a reason....dawn

www.bbc.co.uk...

but it does appear it is normal for birds to sing at night. this is from a bird forum, and some of the reasons given here would explain why i keep hearing them.

www.birdforum.net...

i don't know how credible their information is but i figure they are bird fanatics and would know more about birds than some of us here.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i signed up just to reply to this forum.

I live in Newcastle, Australia and I've been on holidays for a few months, since being back I've noticed the birds are awake much earlier than normal.

I newer use an alarm to wake up as i rise naturally around dawn/just before each day along with the birds. Since being back I've been waking up a couple of hours before dawn and the birds are chirping at this time, around 4am. Sunrise is a bit after 6.

The birds have never been active in this area this many hours before dawn.

Any theories ?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by illadee
i signed up just to reply to this forum.

I live in Newcastle, Australia and I've been on holidays for a few months, since being back I've noticed the birds are awake much earlier than normal.

I newer use an alarm to wake up as i rise naturally around dawn/just before each day along with the birds. Since being back I've been waking up a couple of hours before dawn and the birds are chirping at this time, around 4am. Sunrise is a bit after 6.

The birds have never been active in this area this many hours before dawn.

Any theories ?

in scotland i have heard them as early as 2am on occasion over the last few months......

very strange.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join