It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West in "medieval Crusade", Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TREASONFX
reply to post by Laurauk

OOH i'm sorry the party authorised by NATO

edit on 21-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

Itis not authorised by NATO. If it was,then all off those countries would have to give thier consent,which Germany and Turkey have not.

It is a few countries fromnato which are taken part. Not the whole organisation.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisSatanic

Purified, and russia would have been purrified also as you put it.

Is why they wont be a war between the USA or Russia,they both know they could wipe each other out,unless putin and obama are as Nutz as Gadaffe!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This to me signals that China and Russia are either trying to play both sides of the fence or were purposely trying to set the stage for all-out war. Obviously we aren't privy to all of the closed door talks that surely surrounded this attack on Libya, but looking at what's transpired so far it makes me wonder.

China and Russia and others opted to abstain from the UN vote. Much like pleading No Contest, it gives the go ahead but prevents them from having to actually say it. Still, it should be considered nothing less than agreement in my opinion.

The first thing that happens is the coalition forces issue a warning to the US not to go beyond the scope of the Resolution. Next, the Arab League begins to waiver in their support and hints at a complete reversal. Third, China and Russia begin to question whether or not this offensive should have moved forward.

It seems to me to be a rather quick change of opinion to be solely based on what has transpired thus far. Everyone knew that the declaration of a no-fly zone would involve the bombing of all military installations and air defense systems.

Is it possible that the bombing of Gadhafi's residence was enough to warrant an abandonment of a three day old multi-nation resolution?

Doesn't seem right to me.

Plus, with the recent developments in Yemen and Bahrain, one has to begin to wonder when, or if, this is going to end. Plus, with the stock market surging, as it tends to do during war time, it makes me think that Wall Street got the memo about WWIII and we just haven't received our copy yet.

Yes, I know about the Apple/T Mobile merger...but it was up more than 250 points last I checked. Seemed a bit heavy to be solely attributed to the merger. I could be wrong though. Stock market fluctuations are not my forte.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

You edited your post, naughty naughty.

Then I could say the exact same thing with Russia attacking and wiping out people whom want independance in Chetnia. Yes it is double standards.

except that chechnyan terrorists are supported by the West. check it , Chechen terrorists have asylum in UK and USA .

like you said double standards , except that its western double standards . check how much money saudis and NED give to chechen terrorists. you will be foxed....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by SKOR-TJ

So whats going to happen then?

China Russia back Gadaffe?

Then Germany and Turkey would have to come invovled also.

See how this might escalate.

China and Russia will definitely back Gaddafi but only when other Arab governments back Libya.

WW3 will happen but i think the Libyan crisis going on right now will only be a small part in this in fact it wouldn't begin because of Gaddafi most probably Iran.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's all about perception, if this is going to be a success we need to ensure this is not perceived as an American led operation. It was vital that we had the Arab league support and they have to be willing to commit some forces to this operation, I can't see why the Egyptian Army, who were instrumental in ensuring a peaceful revolution in Egypt cant volunteer some forces and bring some real credibility to the operation.

It was the Arab League's calls for a no fly zone that finally got the resolution through, now they have it they have gone weak at the knees. They must have know that there would be civillian casualties in order to establish a NFZ, it's not just a case of having planes circling Bengarzi.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You call them terroists, I call them freedom fighters. Different opinions, you are entitled to that as am I.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The fact China and Russia have anything to say about this is laughable.

Look at China with Tibet, look at Russia with..... well a TON nations.

Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SKOR-TJ

Yeah but as we have seen the Arab nations are not backing Gadaffe, although I agree they have misleadings with regards to the current bombings taken place in Lybia.

I wonder if Iran will come into this.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Russians calling this a crusade ????? Hahahahaha

ya know it was back the early 1980's that the Russians issued a report that said the greatest threat they had was from the muslim population exploding... shoots have been exchanged people killed... very old school plots formed... Go read the book "Russia's Islamic Threat"

Western Crusade my asp...
Go read what kinds of things they have done to their Islamic citizens
Russia's Domestic Muslim problem

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Rossiya does not have to worry, it has several superhardened underground cities like Yamantau,Uragan and thousands of underground bunkers . Also there HPM narrowband weapons are of officially gigawatt and terawatt class , but unconfirmed reports even suggest petawatt class , enough to fry the superhardened electronics of the nuclear trident missiles .

so Rossiya has nothing to fear ,with exception of biological weapons

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Arab league has said that the attacks were wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SKOR-TJ

No the Leader of the arab league said as long as it protects civillians on both sides,then it has his support, I watched him when he was with the UN Secretary Live on the television.

There is no love lost between them and Gadaffe that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKOR-TJ
reply to post by Laurauk

Arab league has said that the attacks were wrong.

Bit bloody late when it was the Arab League calling for a NFZ that got the UN resolution through. As I stated arlier they must have know what a NFZ would entail. The UN resolution is very clear that they all agreed too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You call them terroists, I call them freedom fighters. Different opinions, you are entitled to that as am I.
e

funny,your nation was the largest mass murderer in history of Mankind ,slaughtered hundreds of millions by starvation ,genocide and unbearable overtaxation.

check what the NCERT history books of India have to say about British imperialism,

typical hypocrisy of westerners .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

My bad, but i think they would quickly change sides if a few Nations started to back Libya.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Actually most Americans hate the corporations and bankers who have taken control. However we the apparently silent majority of the US are indeed overwhelmed by the majority. Russia, China, and the US in a war would be devastating for all sides involved. The only way the US will change without such destruction is if the few find a way to stand up to the many, which would require an extreme act on one side or the other. The US is not completely full of people who want to dominate the world or force democracy. Our leaders are no longer truly elected but placed in power the same as many other lands around the world. Most do not realize or choose not to realize this fact because they are afraid of what will happen. I understand your anger against the US but it isn't the people it is the ruling class who have spit on everything the US should be.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by SKOR-TJ

I wonder if Iran will come into this.

I was under the impression that Iran was too busy causing problems in Bahrain.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
it's not about whats right or wrong, it's about oil, Gaddafi wants china and russia to have it all and forget italy. it's like telling them i will pay you oil to be on our side. now with that said china has some interest to protect. I could see this thing get better if they don't oust gaddafi but if gaddafi gets killed or removed will china still get their oil?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Russia and China both just need to shut the f'n mouths! I'm tired of everyone thinking we should fear what they think in disagreement because they are bigger populations and have nuclear power.

What the hell do they do when the world needs help? Nothing!

When the USA helps, we are wrong.

When the USA doesn't help, we are wrong.

We are always going to be wrong.

Bottom line for me is this. All those people we help couln't give a damn about us as american civilians, they will denounce us as soon as they get a chance.

We should just stop helping EVERYONE, and just help our own, and then lets see how the rests of the world works out, when they are crying in the streets for help!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join