It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West in "medieval Crusade", Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Monday a U.N. resolution authorizing military action in Libya resembled "mediaeval calls for crusades" after Western forces launched a second wave of air strikes.

www.reuters.com... mpaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FMostRead+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Most+Read+Articles%29&utm_content=Twitter

Just saw this crop up on the twitter feed.

Things are going to get very interesting if the Russians are calling this a crusade in the same vein as Gadafi. we are already seeing splits in the Arab League and the Chinese are not happy either
www.reuters.com...

China's official newspapers on Monday stepped up Beijing's opposition to air attacks on Libya, accusing nations backing the strikes of breaking international rules and courting new turmoil in the Middle East. China also did not veto the U.N. resolution.

I'm hoping cool heads will prevail and we can somehow get more Arab countries involved asap. If we fail to get Arab countries being seen to be a big part of this operation things could turn out badly.

edit on 21-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A few Synonyms for Odyssey
crusade, pilgrimage
Dawn:
birth, commencement

Now why would anyone get the wrong idea?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Putin should know better , I did not expect this of him , this war is nothing but a blood sacrifice to Moloch .Iraq and Libya war on march 19 . CIA destabilises Libya and then they can Ghaddafi a dictator ,butcher ,bah ,Obama and Bush are butchers .

Bush even use to give hand signs of Satan. and they call Ghaddafi evil .

the world is so twisted that Satan USA calls itself good and for people and those who follow word of God as evil,backward ,rag heads .

Putin you disappoint me , I was hoping that you will the purifier of USA by deep frying it in thermonuclear fire . You shame me Putin ,shame me
edit on 21-3-2011 by USAisSatanic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisSatanic

Off course it is. The leaders in the west are as much Nutz as Gadaffe is. And we as the wetern poplations just roll over and accept what they tell us.

Putin also has double standards,after what he did in Goergia.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
Putin should know better

Not many people are in a position to know better then Putin. If hes making a statement like this, you can rest assured that there is good reason for it.

The situation in Libya is bad, yes. But, the situation all over the middle east is bad. Every time a civil war breaks out, will we bomb the side we disagree with into submission?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

did Georgia not commit genocide in South Ossetia? Russia did nothing much to Georgia , just retaliated against georgia who initiated genocide against Ossetia..

Putin response to USA and Georgia was that of circus bear. IF I was in the place of Putin , by now I would have purified the West .
edit on 21-3-2011 by USAisSatanic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is it not a little late for either Russia or China to say anything right now? They did have ample opportunity to vote, they did have the authority to stop this resolution by either one of them casting a VETO and stopping the resolution fully. What did they think was going to happen, pass the resolution and everyone sit on their hands as the government of Libya used air power to bomb its citizens? All they are trying to do is gather support from the Islamic world to be able to gather contracts and appear friendly. You can bet if it was their citizens being attacked or actions taken against them, they would demand action real fast.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
things are getting pretty tense now, it looks like all it would take is a false flag event to spark ww3, the ship from china could get hit by a false flag event maybe a stray missile or maybe some of the people fleeing could hurt and then blamed on the US. There are people who want china and russia to get in this and a false flag event could easy ignite the situation. even china or russia could stage their own false flag for an excuse to enter the conflict. i wounldn't be surprised the way things just seem to happen

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, Russia and China in a knock down drag out with the West. Which ones technology will be best? Will it come down to attrition by shear numbers? Buy plenty of campfire popcorn.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well china has called for a closed session at the UN for later on oday. So we will find out China forces another vote or not. Either way things are hotting up.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The whole air strikes are nothing but aggression and well over the top. Attack on another sovereign country by the west. the NATO PARTY

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

Not all of NATO as you have put it,Germany is not taken part, nor is Turkey,and they are part of NATO, so stop misleading, with your comments.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't think it's too late for either Russia or China to get involved and also i don't think both will stand around doing nothing whilst the west carries on their attacks on Libya.

The west might regret going into Libya unless that was their intention to spark something.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It is a crusade all right.

Putin got it right for sure.

But it aint no religious crusade.

It is a crusade by humanity against domination!

For too long, mankind had turn a blind eye to the sufferings of others. For too long mankind had been apathetic.

But not today. Not after what had happened in Libya.

Mankind now know which side of humanity do their leaders stand on. And they will face their crusade by their own people.

I am insignificant and a nobody. But there are millions like me around the world, talking and reacting in every lingo to their own fellow man. We are the grassroots activists. We build the crusade from ground up, touching every life to let them consider and act on their own free will after discussion and debates.

We are not limited by the internet or any social media. Cut off the internet, cut off the phones, deny personal contacts and see how it will ruin economies! The only way to stop us is to murder us all as Gaddafi tried to do to his own people, or lock us all up and see what happens next!

Russia, China, Brazil, Venuezela, Arab states, Asian states, African states, etc will NOT be spared, after what they had done and acted in collusion supporting a mad mass murderer and stopping help to our fellow Libyan brothers and sisters seeking freedom.

We are the grassroots on every level. We are everywhere. We are Annonymous...and WE ARE LEGION!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SKOR-TJ

So whats going to happen then?

China Russia back Gadaffe?

Then Germany and Turkey would have to come invovled also.

See how this might escalate.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

GORKI, Russia, March 21 (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Monday said the use of the term crusades to refer to the situation in Libya was "unacceptable".

Medvedev spoke just hours after Prime Minister Vladimir Putin likened the United Nations Security Council resolution authorising military intervention in Libya to "medieval calls for crusades".

Medvedev said Russia would not participate in any military coalition in Libya but was ready to take part in peacekeeping operations.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It is a crusade all right.

Putin got it right for sure.

But it aint no religious crusade.

It is a crusade by humanity against domination!

For too long, mankind had turn a blind eye to the sufferings of others. For too long mankind had been apathetic.

But not today. Not after what had happened in Libya.

Mankind now know which side of humanity do their leaders stand on. And they will face their crusade by their own people.

I am insignificant and a nobody. But there are millions like me around the world, talking and reacting in every lingo to their own fellow man. We are the grassroots activists. We build the crusade from ground up, touching every life to let them consider and act on their own free will after discussion and debates.

We are not limited by the internet or any social media. Cut off the internet, cut off the phones, deny personal contacts and see how it will ruin economies! The only way to stop us is to murder us all as Gaddafi tried to do to his own people, or lock us all up and see what happens next!

Russia, China, Brazil, Venuezela, Arab states, Asian states, African states, etc will NOT be spared, after what they had done and acted in collusion supporting a mad mass murderer and stopping help to our fellow Libyan brothers and sisters seeking freedom.

We are the grassroots on every level. We are everywhere. We are Annonymous...and WE ARE LEGION!

except that democracy is mob rule and mob are always blind and are guided by an invisible hand .

so how is democacy i n usa ?
i guess you must be loving banker occupation

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Well, Russia and China in a knock down drag out with the West. Which ones technology will be best? Will it come down to attrition by shear numbers? Buy plenty of campfire popcorn.

World War III will not break out over Libya. Come on people get a grip. It wasn't just a few days ago that many here were coming unglued and almost out of their skins because the West wasn't doing enough in Libya to help the poor resistance now all of a sudden we are the Evil Empire again.

Yes, By all means get the popcorn going. But not because of a fictitious WWIII scenario but to enjoy while watching everybody fall all over themselves with Wild Speculations and Accusation etc.
edit on 21-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

OOH i'm sorry the party authorised by NATO

edit on 21-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisSatanic

You edited your post, naughty naughty.

Then I could say the exact same thing with Russia attacking and wiping out people whom want independance in Chetnia. Yes it is double standards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join