It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Images From L.A. 3-19-2011 - Mufon Report #28330

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Unknown craft observed while photographing the lunar perigee" Los Angeles 3-19-2011

I noticed these UFO images and report on the Mufon website and couldn't think of a good explanation for the object. does anyone have any idea what this UFO might be ?

cropped image

www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

I am a photographer, and on March 19th I was outside taking pictures of the moon during its lunar perigee. My grandparents were also outside with me, playing with my daughter on her swing set. While aiming my shot of the moon I noticed what I thought was some debris on my lens, so I cleaned it and prepared to try the shot again. I observed at this point that I could make out the object only through the camera lens, and that it was not obvious to the naked eye. At that point I realized that I was not seeing a spec on my lens but rather something in the sky. I tried to use my auto focus to capture the object, but it kept focusing on the moon. I turned off the auto focus and manually targeted the object: this is the picture that is attached to this report. I don’t know if it is important, but my camera is a Canon Rebel T2i with a Sigma 18-250 mm lens; the photograph was taken zoomed all the way in. Once the image was captured, I reviewed it on my camera and called my grandparents over to see what I had photographed. None of us had ever seen an airplane like this before. My grandparents and I both looked up but none of us could see the object. I set my camera to “live mode” (allowing us to see the viewfinder’s image on the screen on the back of the camera), positioned it, and we all saw the object. I’m not sure if we couldn’t see the object with the naked eye because of its size in the sky or something else, but whatever the case we could only see it through the camera. While I never actually saw the object moving, it was in slightly different positions to the moon every time I looked at it. We talked about it for a couple of minutes and I tried to get another picture of the object (I couldn’t find it this time) and we decided to come upload the images to the computer to look at them a little closer.

mufoncms.com...

Hoax ?

Satellite ?

International Space Station ?

USS Enterprise ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Plane?! You know one of those sea-birds I think they call em. Lands in water and land.
I don't know, that's my guess.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That's very cool. So much detail in that picture.
Is this the only picture you got of it?

reply to post by cluckerspud

Notice it has 2 exhaust trails with the "floats" ahead of them. Not any seabird I've ever seen.
edit on 21-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68e0c27ab7d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's weird if you compare a zoomed in photo from this same camera (here: s2.hubimg.com...) and the Zoomed in photo from the UFO. With all the technology we have nowadays, all the UFO sightings videos and photos continue to be shaky, speckled, poor quality etc etc. Why is that so? Again I'm not saying this isn't real I'm just questioning why this happens?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

Most of them time, people just have a cell phone on them. Or while in the moment, forget to adjust the lens and just hurry up to get a shot. We're not sure how fast the object was flying.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If a vehicle were to traverse space with a technology greater than our understanding I would think that they would somehow figure out a better system other than head lights.

Maybe some kind of infrared or night vision windshield.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good picture
Does not look like anything I know 80 % sure it U.F.O.
One off the better pic i seen
S & F

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Even so, I've been in situations like these that I had to hurry up to take a photo and it would'nt come out so badly like this one (and many others), and it was on my iPhone... Maybe in this situation specifically ok, but in ALL UFO sightings recently? Imagine how much better it should have been if it was on a Canon Rebel camera. I don't know, maybe I'm just being an ass... Who knows? :

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like an undersea exploration vehicle viewed from below. Cool picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think it is just a plane.... with an long exposure the red tipped wings would make a streak in the sky, while the white dot, is a flashing light, possibly not flashing for the entire exposure, the lights shooting out the front make it look pretty human. Aliens needing lights to navigate?!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Helicopters can have pontoons on them too.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0e82627765d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wish I could tell if that was the front of the ship or the back.
Either that's a contrail or it's lights illuminating some clouds.

It does remind you of one of those water landing planes.
Kind of funny that you can't see the body of the plane but you can see the 2 projections.
Bizarre.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kromaion
It's weird if you compare a zoomed in photo from this same camera (here: s2.hubimg.com...) and the Zoomed in photo from the UFO. With all the technology we have nowadays, all the UFO sightings videos and photos continue to be shaky, speckled, poor quality etc etc. Why is that so? Again I'm not saying this isn't real I'm just questioning why this happens?

The link to the image is a completely different scenario. The shutter release times, ISO, Focal Distance, Aperture, and even possibly a specific camera lens meant for macro is used. Camera tech is not as good as you think, as our eyes are still much more suited to a broad range of the spectrum (3 dimensional, im not getting into the things we cant see). It is very difficult (comes with experience and time) without a tripod to achieve a still image of a light up object on a black background in dark conditions. On top of that you have to acknowledge that the object is moving. So with the shutter time (still imagery only, my area of expertise, wont talk about video) tracking a moving object and getting a nice clear hi def # is much harder than one would think before trying it. Try to take pictures of airplanes really zoomed in, and you will find the same issues. It is also really worth mentioning that this image was zoomed in post capture. So basically this was something that was rather small on the original image straight from camera.

That being said this could be a plane. It looks to be about the right size and shape for the amphibious island hopper type plane. I do find the V shaped trail in the image and also the fact that the landing pieces have lights on them. Im ignorant on the schematics of airplanes to be perfectly honest but i can think of no reason why these lights are necessary. Its obviously not for other planes as they would be on the bottom of the plane according to this image. Maybe they are just aesthetic in nature?

Edit in: I have come to think that the "v shaped trail" i previously acknowledged could very well be headlights on the craft. Still, none of us were there, so we dont know "for sure".
edit on 21-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kromaion
reply to post by AlteredTom

Even so, I've been in situations like these that I had to hurry up to take a photo and it would'nt come out so badly like this one (and many others), and it was on my iPhone... Maybe in this situation specifically ok, but in ALL UFO sightings recently? Imagine how much better it should have been if it was on a Canon Rebel camera. I don't know, maybe I'm just being an ass... Who knows? :<

In your "quick response images" what was your subject? Id be willing to bet it was a lot closer than an object high in the sky. And if I am wrong i will require proof, as camera phones make even the moon look small and blurry.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey Einsteins.....look at the picture....

Prop planes and helos do not leave twin jet trails in their wake, nor do they have long lights running the length of their skids....

did you peeps even look at the picture? Does anyone know what it is?

If not it is a ufo.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

It's LA so it could have been going to/returning from Catalina Island, maybe?
It's only 15 min by air.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
One thing you guys are maybe not counting on. Perhaps Santa could be running a little late for some this year? I'd definitely say that's a UFO because none of us can really identify it. Case closed. Last I checked anything UN identified is a "UFO".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7234f7a93c52.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Originally posted by cluckerspud

It's LA so it could have been going to/returning from Catalina Island, maybe?
It's only 15 min by air.

What helicopter do you know that leaves twin contrails? I know they have jet engine helo's now, but really. How would that work ?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

Exactly! I posed that same question on another forum here somewhere. Every time someone seems to get a closer shot of something, it's blurry, shaky and unidentifiable.

With all the high quality vid and camera technology we have, not one clear, concise and irrefutable photo or vid anywhere. Even military footage is unrecognizable.

I don't get it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join