It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sammy "The Red Rocker" Hagar... Possibly Abducted By Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In a rare move for any celebrity, Sammy Hagar has come forward with an assertion that his mind may have been hijacked by aliens.

Yahoo News Link

Now I grew up jamming to Sammy in the 70s and 80s. He now markets his own tequila. Some may accuse him of getting high on his own supply. Personally, I would like a little more information if it is out there. This story stems from an interview he did on MTV. The Yahoo story provides the link but I am unable to get to the interview.

Can anyone help me with more information? It appears he has written an autobiography.

Oh well...
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO ROCK!

Suckers walk, money talks!
But it can't touch my three lock box!
Uh! Oh, yeah!
Mysteries of the days of old.
You find the key, you got the gold.
One, two, three lock box.
Treasure's here, sunken there.
Buried treasure's everywhere.
Don't go far, circle close.
The father, son, the holy ghost.
To the trinity, I raise a toast! Ahh, yea!
Secrets of the trinity lie within the number three.
Uh! Hey! One, two, three lock box.
(Three Lock Box)
(Three Lock Box)
(Three Lock Box)

edit on 21-3-2011 by JohnD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnD
Personally, I would like a little more information if it is out there.

www.eonline.com...

It's no secret that Sammy has long believed he's an alien abductee.

This story's headline says much:

Sammy Hagar: Aliens "Either Downloaded or Uploaded" His Brain

The truth is that if they did download his brain they most certainly forgot to upload it back.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
LOL, you guys still getting suckered by that? It's the oldest celeb trick in the book. When they have a new product (album, book, movie, makeup, etc) they ALWAYS come out saying something crazy to get your attention to...drumroll....SELL THEIR PRODUCT.

President Bush, quite for almost the whole time he had been out of office, then all of sudden he comes to surface with these remarks about such and such, but at that same time he was also releasing his book. Now, you don't hear from him anymore. Same thing with Laura Bush and her "thought we were poisoned at a dinner back in 2006". Now you never heard this in the news back then at the time. The way she made it sound, it sounded like a pretty big deal. Truth is, it probably never happened because if it did it would have been on the news. She probably just made it up to get publicity so she could sell her book.

Brittany Spears. Queen of Pop for years was loosing her title to other rising stars. At the same time she was also getting older. Bad public relationship, kid court battles, you name it. All of it was ruining her career. So, she decides to release a new album. What does she do to gain her glory back? She acts the role of a nut. Is it bad? Yes, but did it keep her in the news? YES. Remember, Bad or Good Press is GOOD PRESS. NO PRESS=NOBODY. Average sheep, no one, blah, etc. the thing that destroys a celeb most. So they will come out and say or do whatever it takes to get your attention, but only while they have a product to sell. Notice how you hear nothing of Brittany these days? All of the Brittany antics that plagued the news for months suddenly ceased after her album was released.

Kayne West. How many crazy things has he done? All of it was around the time he had his big album releases.

It's the same thing when East and West Coast Rappers go to "War". The whole time they are laughing on the phone across state cutting up about how dumb people are and how much money they are making.

Trust me, they only do this stuff to get their name out there so you will buy their product. If the news just came out and said, "(Normal) Sammy Hagar releases his new book today, pick it up and read it, you'll like it". They wouldn't sell many books, and people would be like, "what is the news doing advertising products now?" It wouldn't be newsworthy in other words. Heck, it wouldn't be on the news at all.

You see these celebs hire the best publicist money can buy. These publicist make 5 to 10% of what these celebs do. They are mostly known for damage control but thats not their only job. They also "advertise" their meal ticket, which is the celeb. It's usually the publicist that make these crazy things up and the celebs go along with it. Think of them as having roots in the advertising business in a sense. They know people watch the news because the news is "serious". Getting a product on the news is not only cheap advertising it also sparks peoples interests. Especially the crazier, grittier, nastier, etc it is.

Grand Theft Auto games are no doubt the best selling games BECAUSE the news demonized them for the questionable content. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 did the same thing with the Russian Terrorist Level. BMX XXX decided last minute to put the XXX in the title and feature nude women racing on bicycles because no one wanted to buy a bicycle racing game. Because of this "negative-positive" publicity it turned to sell way more copies than anticipated. Now game companies purposely put some content in their games just to get controversy because controversy means NEWS and news means sales and free advertising. Get it? I can't remember who it was, but some game did this a few months ago and it didn't work. People realized it and brought it to light.

Conspiracy Theorist do the same thing. They know the same trick. David Icke is one of the biggest proponents of this. I'm refering to his beyond crazy statements. People that don't know David hear this kind of stuff and think, "WOW, that guys nuts, lets listen to him". Then they hear him and they hear his other work and think, wow, he's not so crazy, then become loyal fans. That's how they sucker you in. Surely everyone remembers Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen's Famous Letter To the President? Okay, see what I mean? There you go.

Paris Hilton, known for nothing. No movies, no music, just known for being rich. Now how does someone like that, with no talent, get on the news and get attention? Paris Hilton's play book thats how. Show your vagina while getting out of a car? Sure. It worked, matter of fact it worked so well her good buddy Brittany had to come along with the "Dumb Master" to learn and perform that trick herself. Thing is, Paris isn't stupid at all. She's actually quite smart and "SLY". Look at how much money she has made just from doing stupid things to keep her name in the media. Commercial's, books, albums, all kinds of lucrative adventures, getting paid tons of money just to show up places, and on and on and on. None of that would have been made possible if she wouldn't have played the role she did to get herself out there and noticed.
edit on 21-3-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Thank you for the link, Drummer.

Don't get me wrong. Sammy seems to be doing okay whether he has been abducted or not. At least I know now that I am probably a little safer sticking with Bourbon rather than tequila... but not much... hah!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I posted this same link two hours ago and my post got MOVED TO THE TRASH BIN.

WTF?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah. Sammy was abducted by aliens. I'm sure they were called down by Eddie Van Halen to take Sammy away after he decided Sammy was a bigger draw for the band than Eddie was.

edit on 21-3-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't know why this is news now. This was a well known thing to anyone familiar with Van Hagar in the 80's. Love Comes Walking In was about the experience.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Contact is all that it takes
To change your life, to lose your place in time
Contact. Asleep or awake
Coming around you may wake up to find

Questions deep within your eyes
Now more than ever, you realize

And then you sense a change
Nothin' feels the same
All your dreams are strange
Love comes walkin' in
Some kind of alien
Waits for the opening
Simply pulls a string

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That was probably the greatest mainstream rock album ever recorded. The greatest my ears have ever heard for sure. Something for everyone in it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think that it's too bad his ghost writer talked him out of including most of his UFO stories.

As I understood the interview, the only thing that made the book was one story in the form of a dream. Everything else was dropped, because the ghost writer convinced him that his fans only wanted to hear about the rock&roll and everything that went with it (sordid tales of sex, drugs, etc).

He seemed to let on that there's much more he could say ...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
LOL, you guys still getting suckered by that? It's the oldest celeb trick in the book. When they have a new product (album, book, movie, makeup, etc) they ALWAYS come out saying something crazy to get your attention to...drumroll....SELL THEIR PRODUCT.

Seeing as the UFO stories are not in the book, except for one instance where it's presented as a dream, I don't think he's making it up.

Telling a story that isn't in the book is kind-of a crappy way to try and sell a book.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Originally posted by J.Son79

Seeing as the UFO stories are not in the book, except for one instance where it's presented as a dream, I don't think he's making it up.

Telling a story that isn't in the book is kind-of a crappy way to try and sell a book.

As deals like that go, the ghost was beholding to the publisher's editor, not Sammy. Sammy may have spilled his guts out to the writer, but the writer wrote what the publisher wanted. More than likely Sammy never got to "proof" the book until it was at the printer's. Publishers pull a lot of crappy deals on people like him that don't have experience in that field. Perhaps he needs to strangle his agent (if he had/has one).

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have seen Sammy on the show on BIO called Celebrity Ghost Stories or something similar. He has also had some very strange experiences with the paranormal as well as aliens. He comes across as a pretty intelligent person with an interest in things beyond science

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

But that's not my point. What i'm trying to say is these celebs will do or say anything to gain attention while trying to move a product. They'll say off the wall outlandish stuff just to get their names out there so they'll be associated with their product. They all do it. Sammy Hagar is no different.

Just like the East Coast vs West Coast rap wars I mentioned in my previous post. None of that is usually on a rapper's album. It's just lies made up to start stories to give people a reason to talk about them. When people start talking about a celeb they will usually buy their work.

I'll tell you another one who's good at this and OPENLY admits it. If you dig hard enough you will find it. He tells you he does this kind of thing...ALL THE TIME. That is none other than 50 Cent.

A lot of the time the antics they pull or the things they say will not have anything to do with their product. It's just to keep their name out in the public. Think about 90% of the crazy commercials you see on tv. Those usually don't have anything to do with their product but you remember the company name and the products they do sell. Celebs are doing the same thing. They only difference is you can't make a tv commercial about a celebrity. Are you starting to see my point now? LOL.

Geico commercials? Okay, what does car insurance have to do with a gecko and the things he does on tv? NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. But that made up gecko makes you remember Geico. And for some people that's about to buy car insurance on the fly will think about that and go with that company. But like I said, you can't make a commercial advertising a celeb or their products. This is the only other way and it works. All i'm saying is never fall for a celebrities antics. Nothing crazy they say or nothing they do in the public. A celeb will never reveal their true selves to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Some of you may say he's done this kind of thing in the past. That could very well be because he does have an interest in it. This could also be where he or his publicist got the idea for him to say this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Too many drugs taken for him to be credible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's too bad they didn't take him away
before he ruined Van Halen.

top topics

join