It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Wife Edited Out of the Bible -- Almost

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Wow! That's really interesting! I had never heard of her before.

Asherah, the Shekinah, consort and beloved of Yahweh. God-the-Mother. Her sacred pillars or poles once stood right beside Yahweh's altar, embracing it. Moses and Aaron both carried one of these Asherah "poles" as a sacred staff of power. The Children of Israel were once dramatically healed simply by gazing at the staff with serpents suspended from it. This symbol, the snakes and the staff, has become the modern universal symbol for doctors and healers.* Asherah was also widely known in the Middle Eastern ancient world as a Goddess of Healing. Then She was removed forcibly from the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures around 400 or 500 B.C.

Source

Of course she was removed from the scriptures.
Just as any reference to Jesus' wife and family and MANY other items , especially about strong female leaders of the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is often quoted as the reasoning behind the references to "us" in genesis.

Also, it's interesting to note that the version of monotheism developed by the Canaanites was a function of overloading the functions of other gods onto one god. The showdown between Baal and Yahweh is another example of this. Baal was the Fertility god of the Canaanites, and Yahweh the Military God.... and when the cloud appeared during the drought after the priests of Baal were slain, this was supposed to be indicative of the fact that Yahweh could be a fertility god as well as a military god.

This was because priests were in power mostly when their god was being sought after, and in times of peace Yahweh was not needed...and the tribal adherents turned to other deities... this was their pagan way.

It is very key to remember that the Hebrews were like any other tribe... they called themselves the "Chosen people" where many other tribes also do this, the Cherokee called themselves "The Real People", etc.

Again, the Celts even had a "Land of Promise" or "Promise Land" much like the hebrews... there really are much more similarities in tribal pagan ways than differences... the differences come from the circumstances surrounding the tribes existence.

edit on 21-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
That's the problem with people like you. You fail to see all the good things he has in store for us.............. Considering I won't be burning in hell forever unlike people who rejected Christ. That sounds like a fair God to me. Id worship him anytime anyday anyplace forever.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ok, obvious troll is obvious. Go back to the 1600's thanks. I can't honestly believe anyone is this ignorant anymore....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Post already started here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
King James Bible
Genesis 1:27

"So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Last I checked, (as a man made in God's own image) to reproduce I need a woman's participation. If women are made in the image of Solo-Creator God, wouldn't they share my plumbing? Seems intuitive that as Adam would represent the form of God, Eve would also represent the form of a female Goddess. Seems logical that the act of creating the souls of His children would be a mirror of what we understand reproduction to be.

It also seems obvious that much of the feminine power in the ancient church was whitewashed out. In regards to God's partner, perhaps the knowledge was taken more than lost. As a husband I can take all kinds of insults and abuses, but I cannot stand a foul word to be spoken of my wife. Again, I am made in God's image, so why shouldn't God share the same feelings and values?

If a doctrine of God's Wife were mainstream, many people (many people here, in fact) would blaspheme and degrade Her name and character. If I were God, I would quickly fill with some righteous indignation and smitings would be issued in short order.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We are a Family, and the Heavenly Family, Father and Mother, is mirrored in ours. But what isn't mentioned is in Quantum Infinity, there are two hallmarks, no measurements ie No Time, no bigger/smaller, higher/lower, past/present except as perceptions. And no singularities.

It has a lot of implications for deep thinkers and here is a very good look at reality from ET_MAN and his nde and experiences. And from another poster, Magician's Apprentice:

After reviewing some of the below articles and videos, use your imagination than stop and think a little bigger and imagine other advanced galactic civilizations out there hundreds of millions of years ahead of earth technology. Than try to imagine yet other civilizations far more advanced than those beyond this galaxy some of which are let's say billions of years ahead of earth technology (It's always easier to imagine something when using numbers, time-frames and calculations. -) I realize this may not mean much for some of you but then try to imagine yet other more advanced civilizations beyond gazillions of Galaxies out there – Eventually if one steps out of this 'infinite' inwards Universe they catch up with the EU's or (Extra-universals) outside of this universe/system/creation/technology beyond all human understanding – The Designers/Creators of this universal system that not only created it but parented all life throughout the entire 'Infinite' inwards universe/creation/technology with unimaginable channels/stations/dimensions/realities/existences and so on.....

This intelligence/Consciousness/Awareness or 'Soul' is not of the same material as 'energy/matter' and is only temporally occupying the physical body that's made up of 'energy/matter' but YOU the 'soul' are not the Vehicle/Body/Vessel or 'Energy/Matter' but something else, however while occupying the vehicle/body/vessel or your seemingly physical body - you are the driver of it controlling the human brain/mind that controls the rest of the physical body (metaphorically speaking) like a driver that drives a vehicle with the gas peddle/breaks/steering-wheel, controls and so on.

Infinity and some general information +^_^+ PART 1

Infinity and Link between time +^_^+ PART 2 of the Infinity Post

Fractal Mathematical Rabbit Hole

Here is the thing. Infinite Fractals are a good metaphor. But.....its all at once! There is no time, infinity and all of our future path, the infinite roll of film of our lives are all at once.

And there is not One Fractal there, in Infinity you have Infinite Fractals All At Once!

We have Mother/Father, Great Aunts/Great Uncles, Great Grandmother/Great Grandfather/ and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on, in Infinite Progression, once we pass the tests to learn Love, Peace and Equality in this cosmic school.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by ag893
That's the problem with people like you. You fail to see all the good things he has in store for us.............. Considering I won't be burning in hell forever unlike people who rejected Christ. That sounds like a fair God to me. Id worship him anytime anyday anyplace forever.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ok, obvious troll is obvious. Go back to the 1600's thanks. I can't honestly believe anyone is this ignorant anymore....

OH YOU CAN BELIEVE IT!!!!!! You CAN BELIEVE IT FOR SURE!!!!

Its called the faithful devote followers of any of the Abrahamic religions!!

The things that these NUTS still believe is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

IGNORANT (and potentially DANGEROUS) bunch of NUTS.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to the original thread started on March 6 here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

Springer...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join