It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Wife Edited Out of the Bible -- Almost

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Complete blasphemy. God never had a wife. He is alpha and omega who created man first and woman from him there after. He didn't need a woman! What for when you have trillions of angels not to mention Jesus for company in his divine residence? And let's not forget us! He has billions of his children all over the Earth! He is not a lonely man like Adam was. Get it straight and keep your ridiculous theories moving. I bet God is getting a real good laugh out of silly humans with their little minds thinking the audacity that God would need a wife. I wish I had the eyeroll option on this mobile.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually, you're wrong. God (Zeus) had a wife, her name was Hera. Get your facts straight!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's the problem with people like you. You fail to see all the good things he has in store for us.I bet, if Eve had never been tricked by Satan, if sin never entered the world, if Satan never had betrayed God, we would have been paradise living by now all the time everyday glorifying and worshipping God. Thanking him for creating us. I'm talking Bora Bora living. Because of sin, we ruined that. But fortunately what we lost on Earth we gained in Heaven. And its a true holy paradise there with no sin and no bad people. God let's us live there and survive for an eternity. If we abide by his rules and accept his son as our savior. After living on the earth with all its terrible crime and killings and depression, id say its a fair price. Considering I won't be burning in hell forever unlike people who rejected Christ. That sounds like a fair God to me. Id worship him anytime anyday anyplace forever.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't care. I would never want to be an atheist based off of your behavior and conduct either. You people are nothing but negative and hopeless individuals to me. How the hell do you stand to be around each other for more than 5 minutes?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

And Santa Claus comes down the chimney every day to do battle with the Boogie Man, and when the battle's over the Easter Bunny picks up the mess and puts it in a pot that sits under a rainbow turning everything in the pot to gold! It's wonderful!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That's the problem with people like you. You fail to see all the good things he has in store for us.I bet, if Eve had never been tricked by Satan, if sin never entered the world, if Satan never had betrayed God, we would have been paradise living by now all the time everyday glorifying and worshipping God. Thanking him for creating us. I'm talking Bora Bora living. Because of sin, we ruined that. But fortunately what we lost on Earth we gained in Heaven. And its a true holy paradise there with no sin and no bad people. God let's us live there and survive for an eternity. If we abide by his rules and accept his son as our savior. After living on the earth with all its terrible crime and killings and depression, id say its a fair price. Considering I won't be burning in hell forever unlike people who rejected Christ. That sounds like a fair God to me. Id worship him anytime anyday anyplace forever.

Huh? What book are you reading!? Everyone knows Nyx created the world by laying her beautiful eggs. What's all this "paradise" and "Satan" nonsense? Don't remember any of that in the Good Book

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Could say the same thing about you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's the problem with people like you.

I don't care. I would never want to be an atheist based off of your behavior and conduct either. You people are nothing but negative and hopeless individuals to me. How the hell do you stand to be around each other for more than 5 minutes?

Good luck with that heaven deal....

"Judge not lest ye be judged" and that sort of thing!
edit on 21-3-2011 by whaaa because: ivvi

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
Israelites also worshipped a golden calf. So God must be half cow. He also says He will "cover us with His wings" so he must be a cosmic chicken.

I say never underestimate people's inability to understand even the simplest of concepts.

lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

It certainly has been many times. I don't have the information saved on my comp and it will take a bit but I will search around to find instances where it was to verify the claim. Usually when the bible was edited it was for political reasons, but there are a few times to reflect the opinions of the time. In its creation from the original Jewish texts gospels where left out or put in that had originally been removed. I will post the evidence later when I have a decent compilation of evidence.

About the topic of the thread:
Good catch, I have studied religion for years and missed it somehow. I can only guess that the reason for removing any other references where the same as more contemporary edits; to reflect popular opinion of the times.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

Yeah, I always figured that the bible has been edited a lot just for the very fact that there are several versions of it. Why would you need several versions if you weren't picking and choosing what you wanted in it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why was the theory of evolution and basically all scientific facts always changing if the definition of a fact is something that is true and never been changed?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Why was the THEORY of evolution

I think you just answered your question?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
everybody believes whatever he wants to believe...

I believe there is not even one single word in any book written by God himself...
or even any true word about God written by human being...

all you read and hear about is man-made wish of God.

if God really exists, that's something incomprehensibly

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No, I didn't. Because everytime I mention the "theory" of evolution as being just a theory, Atheist claim differently that it is a fact backed by scientific evidence. I say, if so, why is this supposed "fact" and other scientific "facts" always changing?!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A reminder

The topic of discussion is:

God's Wife Edited Out of the Bible -- Almost

The topic of discussion is NOT perceptions of other member's character or person!

Please focus further replies on the ACTUAL topic .

Thank you

edit on 3/21/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

That's the problem with people like you.

Good luck with that heaven deal....

"Judge not lest ye be judged" and that sort of thing!
edit on 21-3-2011 by whaaa because: ivvi

Second!

And "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" too.

MODS: please delete. Didn't see your "on-topic only" request till later. Thank you.
edit on 21-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: request

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In Genesis, it says "and God said, let us make man in our image and likeness," or something like that. This implies multiple beings creating man. I would assume he had to get it on with a female in order to pull this off. Either that or he knew a lot about genetics and all that hooplah.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

This is the problem with ignorance. You think you know what you're talking about but you don't, and you're too proud to admit you have something to learn.

Think for a moment. Women are not worthy of being priests in Catholocism, they are not worthy of being rabbis, and in Islam they are even further reduced in worth. From a religion perspective, women have NO place in most of the Western world.

If an equal female presence existed, the entire world would be forever changed.

edit on 21-3-2011 by ImplausibleDeniability because: Fearing mod smackdown

edit on 21-3-2011 by ImplausibleDeniability because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join