It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi,

I keep finding stuff about animals to post and I end up not posting because I'm never sure where to put the threads....

We have Cryptozoology and Fragile Earth but there a number of threads regarding animals and the natural world that don't really fit into either, for example Dinosaurs, extinct animals, strange animal behaviours (ie why does my dog.......), talented animals (ie elephants that paint), animals for identification (that aren't thought to be cryptids) and a number of other animal topics that dont really belong in cryptozoology or fragile earth.... So I was wondering if we could have an Animal Planet thread (or whatever name is suitable)

Judging by the amount of people on the forums that have pets or are interested in wildlife etc I think it would be a worth while forum.
edit on 21/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that known non-human animal behavior and trends can give us a greater insight as to what is happening in the natural world and even with human society and culture than we often give credit for.

I would love to have a forum to talk about the history of man's association with the domestic cat, or advances in dolphin communication, selective dog breeding and what it means, perspectives on animal intelligence and emotion and the list goes on...

Granted these forums exist all over the internet but I would prefer it on ATS because here the norm is an insight most main stream boards would completely miss, and I think it is through this lens we can really learn more as a group.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is a great idea !

by the way.. when ever i don't know where to post something.. I always end up putting it in the general chit-chat section.. Can't go wrong posting in there.. you should keep that in mind for future posts..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
I would love to have a forum to talk about the history of man's association with the domestic cat, or advances in dolphin communication, selective dog breeding and what it means, perspectives on animal intelligence and emotion and the list goes on...

Yes those are the sorts of threads I'd have trouble placing or finding at the moment, add things like animals with ESP or those animals stories of cats/dogs finding their way to their owners across vast distances and sometimes even oceans... I know there are other forums that cover these types of incidents but I think an animal forum here on ATS wouldn't be out of place at all and currently threads regarding animals are ending up all over the place

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think this is a wonderful idea. I know I would participate!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
IMO discussion of the topic you have listed would be better suited for Below Top Secret.

In all honesty ATS is for conspiracy related material, hence why we have no "animal" forum.

By all means, use the appropriate BTS forum, general chit chat or something similar to post those threads.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

It would be nice to have a special forum just for posting dozens of cute kitty cat vids.

Unfortunately, unless there's a massive tidal wave or nuclear disaster involved, ATS probably won't create a new forum for it.

It would need a catchy name. Pets forum is too limited, it should be more inclusive to encompass all animal topics. I don't think calling it the "wildlife" forum would be a great idea though, we would just get vids of what members were doing at the bar on Friday night.

ETA: Of course it should be in BTS. Why can't ATS make a new forum in BTS if the members think it would be a good idea. There already are plenty of animal related threads? Putting them all in the generic "chit chat" forum seems such a waste. If there was an animals forum, I would probably add it to my favorites.

edit on 3/21/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Most people seem to put things about pets or animals in General Chit Chat...since it's not really conspiracy related it kind of fits in that forum.

I have seen some people post threads on dolphins in Fragile Earth.

I don't think they need an animal forum, there really aren't that many threads on animals if you look at the boards compared to other topics.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There are many rich topics and a lot of cover ups regarding research that is brushed under the table. There is also a huge paranormal connection and a UFO connection specific to various that are under represented and in my opinion not wholly correct in the normal UFO and Paranormal forums.

If we are looking for "LOL Cats" or various cute animal pictures I wholly agree, keep that garbage in BTS. I don't think that is what is being asked for though.

I for one would like a serious place to discuss research into animal intelligence that is being covered up, to discuss the many ESP phenomena associated with pets, to discuss specifically UFO animal connections, and to subject these topics in their correct place to the critical minds at ATS.

The forums that now exist anthropocentric for the most part and when one of these topics does get posted it can be difficult to find among the many forums for those of us who are truly interested in animal related topics.

If such a forum was ever created it would be a task to keep all the "Cutsie" stuff out and in BTS where it belongs, but I think for many of us the pay off and enjoyment would be well worth it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If we are looking for "LOL Cats" or various cute animal pictures I wholly agree, keep that garbage in BTS. I don't think that is what is being asked for though.

I for one would like a serious place to discuss research into animal intelligence that is being covered up, to discuss the many ESP phenomena associated with pets, to discuss specifically UFO animal connections, and to subject these topics in their correct place to the critical minds at ATS.

Yes your right I wasn't even thinking about 'LOL cats' etc to be honest that hadn't even occurred to me
The things I was thinking about was the more esoteric aspects and historical angles, I think its actually something thats being missed entirely on ATS simply because there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put it...

One example I came across was a thread I did on 7000yr old dog burial with grave goods which I ended up putting in Cryptozoology but it could of gone in Ancient Civilizations too although neither place was right for it. another thread I plan to do is about a dog that arranges his toys in patterns and groups but again I'm a bit confused as to where it would best fit for interested parties to view it.... Another was regarding animals in prehistory, another was regarding animals that display ESP and the list goes on. These are threads that would interest people like discussions regarding dolphins and intelligence but as people tend to head to the areas that interest them these threads get a bit lost and people miss them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

All of those ideas sound interesting to me, but unless I happen to check new-topics within a couple hours of being posted or they turn popular it is something I would very likely miss because I only rarely check different forums sticking mainly to a few.

From the looks of the responses here this idea wouldn't be popular enough to warrant a new forum at this time.

Maybe there is another way less invasive than a new forum ATS would consider. Maybe for smaller sub categories that would hold a similar interest group but span forums ATS could create a profile people could make a friend and when you post something of interest to the topic of the account just put the title and link on the Wall.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Well maybe they could turn Cryptozoology into 'Cryptozoology and Zoology' that way at least I could be confident I was posting in the right forum....

new topics

top topics

join