It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member's Home Video Of Freak Supermoon Hail Storm in South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexotop
reply to post by OldCorp

Nice stuff OldCorp - loved the 'monster', that's some seriously sick weather.
Hope y'all got to get back to the fishin' hole. I'm curious, what were the temps like
for the rest of the day?

I still have my worms and crickets. We'll be back out there this week. The temp dropped from 84 to 60, and then as night fell down to 40. It was a pretty radical shift in the weather. Of course I'm not claiming HAARP did it, or that is was caused by the Supermoon - other than to note the fact that it did occur on that day - just that it was some very extraordinary weather.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
great video oldcorp
kinda looks like my neck of the woods
just across the state line.

we didn't get any hail or storm
but I do empathize with those that
did. And kudos for being a great father

hunting and fishing is a necessity in
the south
glad to see the trade passed
down by generations.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well OldCorp take it easy up there and be safe we don't need storms like this in this state
Be careful and keep informed!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
we have been having some very unusual weather for California as well www.youtube.com...

i thought kinda odd because i never hear about tornados just from time to time see swirling clouds in the sky... i guess this time it decided to touch down. lol Another thing we get hail all the time... but we never get hail like this www.youtube.com... The weather sure is showing us a little bit of what she got... My guess is thats not even a piece of what she could really do to all of us. All our rivers and reservoirs are brim full with more storms to come and not even the start of the snowmelt here in California... it's got those who are paying attention on edge.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've never seen the ground covered so consistently with several inches! HOT DANGGG!
PS: I went to Clemson
Never had anything like that though during my years there!

This reminded me of that huge hail event in OK last year-

That one actually makes me laugh (starting around 1:30 min mark) b/c it just gets so ridiculous!!!

Peace and Love

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

My dad lives in Columbia, SC... Was this anywhere close to them?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by OldCorp

My dad lives in Columbia, SC... Was this anywhere close to them?

About 60 miles NW of Columbia.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am the Internet Police and I am issuing you a citation for not wearing your seatbelt. Have a nice day!

We get these freak storms quite often here in North Texas. They show up without warning and cause chaos for about 10-15 minutes and they disappear.

Thanks for sharing your vid. It's cool to see and hear fellow ATS'ers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
WOW

Great video thanks for sharing with us S&F

Ok so we all know how hail is formed in a thunder storm but i have a theory as to why this was so much worst than your usual hail storm,

But could it be possible that this storm cell had been pulled up into the atmosphere higher due to more gravitational pull from the Super Moon on the atmosphere, if the atmosphere was pulled outwards then surely that leaves more room for the clouds to grow upward also allowing for more water droplet to turn into Ice crystals /hail within cloud cell?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
WOW

Great video thanks for sharing with us S&F

Ok so we all know how hail is formed in a thunder storm but i have a theory as to why this was so much worst than your usual hail storm,

But could it be possible that this storm cell had been pulled up into the atmosphere higher due to more gravitational pull from the Super Moon on the atmosphere, if the atmosphere was pulled outwards then surely that leaves more room for the clouds to grow upward also allowing for more water droplet to turn into Ice crystals /hail within cloud cell?

I don't know what could have caused it. I do know that it was the strangest thing I've ever witnessed. My 88-year-old mother said the same thing. Your theory does make sense tho.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Octopuszilla is from a film called "The Mist" from a short story by the master himself, Stephen King. The original story is in a book called "Skeleton Crew" and is brilliant.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A few years ago when I was living with my grandma it went from being very sunny out to dark clouds covering the sky and golf ball size hail. It was so loud we had trouble hearing each other talk so my grandma called my mother living two miles down the road asking her if tornado sirens were going off and she said it was sunny where she was and that she was mowing the lawn and didn't see a cloud in the sky.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

A star for you sir for posting this. I wouldnt have seen it otherwise. Surely this is just a preview of things to soon come. I consider weather reports to be sort of like suggestions now because Im finding the ohio weather to be very different than whats predicted. Now I just go outside and look up

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join