It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member's Home Video Of Freak Supermoon Hail Storm in South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My son and I went out for a day of father/son activities on Saturday, March 19th 2011. The day began beautifully, with clear blue skies and a forecast high in the mid-80's.

That all changed around 3 p.m. when ominous storm clouds rolled in - "Heavy, black, and pendulous" - looking much like Chuckie Gray's balls.
(1M Internet Points to anyone who can guess the reference.)

The heavens broke open and 15 minutes later there was 4 inches of golf ball sized hail on the ground. Trees were down, and those that remained standing had been stripped of their vegetation by the hail and high winds.

I didn't notice until I was done making this video that all of my tulips have been decimated; what were beautiful yellow flowers are now a beaten mass of green pulp. My LAWN CHAIRS were destroyed by the force of the hail too. The rubber slats were torn and shredded. I'll have to make an update to show the damage I missed in this video because it's just incredible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa162f1b0522.jpg[/atsimg]]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hail did that to your lawn furniture? holy crap lol. It actually just started snowing here in RI a bit but there was still liquid rain mixed in.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
WOW!!!
Hail did that to rubber or soft plastic??
I hope this same hail did not hit your house or car too.
How did you escape?
Or were the chairs just sun dried and ready to break anyway?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Damn, you were straight up terra-formed, that's some crazy weather, at least you'll have some conversation for the water cooler

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello I would like to add to this by saying I live in the charleston area and we didn't receive any freak hail storm here and I was wondering if you can give me a round-about area where this happened thou i have not talked to my mother about and hour from here maybe something happened there!!!!!!!! Keep an eye open for fellow south carolinians out there!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok, what the hell is that at 7:45 that looks like octopuszilla bigger than the telephone poles moving across the street???

Nice video!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow, talk about a freak storm.. Awesome on the video and love the ending lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

omg...I love you DAD more then the video!~ lol You're a GREAT DAD!! I wish more MEN were like you!!!

btw...great video...lol

P.S. I may be 46yrs old..but you tell your kid to pack his stuff... I'm going to make you adopt me..!! lol OMG... I really miss seeing families like yours...One thing I've tried to instill in my kids...teamwork..we have to stick together. I see that all over you guys...love the humor too..

edit on 21-3-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's pretty common here it happens alot they even have to get snow plows out sometimes to clear the highways. But it is a wierd experience seeing the ground white in 80+ degree weather and snow plows clearing the roads.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah, weather gets kinda weird like that sometimes. We've had hail in the middle of summer here in Fl.
Good to see you spending quality time with your boy.
Good Dad.

Nice video, loved the mist monsters! Great edit when they first showed up.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I agree, nice to see a father and son having a good time fishing and doing some target practice minus the hail storm.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
WOW!!!
Hail did that to rubber or soft plastic??
I hope this same hail did not hit your house or car too.
How did you escape?
Or were the chairs just sun dried and ready to break anyway?

I tested the surviving slats to see if that might be the case. They supported my full weight. Something strange happened to them, like they were frozen in liquid nitrogen and then broken. I know that is an absurd proposition, but that's exactly what it looks like.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

lol that was a clip from stephen kings film "the mist" an excellent movie u should give it a watch, full of giant bugs and other worldly creatures

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Yea, I was just joking but thanks though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by malicacid922002
Hello I would like to add to this by saying I live in the charleston area and we didn't receive any freak hail storm here and I was wondering if you can give me a round-about area where this happened thou i have not talked to my mother about and hour from here maybe something happened there!!!!!!!! Keep an eye open for fellow south carolinians out there!!!!!!

Here's what the local news had to say: www2.wspa.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by OldCorp

And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning.

DING DING DING! We have a winner folks. Chuckie Gray's balls - Heavy, black, and pendulous - is a line from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, as is the response from our winner.

1 Million Internets for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Nice stuff OldCorp - loved the 'monster', that's some seriously sick weather.
Hope y'all got to get back to the fishin' hole. I'm curious, what were the temps like
for the rest of the day?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
Ok, what the hell is that at 7:45 that looks like octopuszilla bigger than the telephone poles moving across the street???

Nice video!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Got a coating here in eastern Pa. It still can snow this time of year, on occasion even for Easter.
If I recall, the Farmer's Almanac predicted snow now. Nice video.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join