It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is coming: Evangelical thinks Japan quake is a sign of the ‘second coming’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I bet that Franklin Graham has not stopped collecting "Donations" of cash from his congregation. After all, just because it is the end times it does not mean he can stop paying car payments and buying suits and houses.

The dude pulled in close to $1,000,000.00 salary annually. I am sure that if Jesus is coming back, Franklin Graham is going to get turned into a pillar of salt for his Greed and Pride.

Apparently Franklin Graham has not gotten to the part of the bible that has Jesus in it yet. I hope he reaches it before Jesus comes back to exact his revenge.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

edit on 22-3-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: Just wanted to add that just in case Mr. graham is reading this. I figured I would help him skip ahead in his Bible studies and throw the guy a bone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In the Last Days Scoffers will Come

Scoffer in the New Testament comes from the Greek noun empaiktes. Empaiktes means; derider, false teacher, mocker, scoffer.

In the organized church, there are a few who deny outright the fact of the Second Coming of Christ. However, while most pastors, teachers and elders would not be so bold to say they deny the Second Coming, they do deny it by their actions. They deny what Christ says and Scripture teaches by avoiding the topic of the Second Coming. After all it was Jesus Himself who commanded us to “keep watch” for His return, and most are not.

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch (Matthew 24:42-43).

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour (Matthew 25:13).

When Jesus said, “therefore keep watch”, did he mean we should watch for His return once in a while or occasionally? No, He said to, “keep watch” which means to maintain a watch, or watch continuously.

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

And let me guess, all that will happen "soon (TM)", right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I failed to mention two key details and for the record so to speak

with the voice- I believe the Gideon NT was left by a woman who had recently gone through an abortion and sincerly believe this was the reason for the visit and makes sense scripturally also

as for the angel/cherub?- I said he, but in fact did'nt notice though had a very powerful appearing upper body
edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
For those interested in the truth...

Christ is the Messiah, and he has come.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

It's probably irrelevant to the direction this thread has taken, but please review the videos. Graham did not say that the earthquake was a sign of the end times or second coming, he said he didn't know if it was.

The quote about the devil trying to kill Jesus had nothing to do with the Japan earthquake, it was referring to the storm that arose when Jesus was in human form, with His disciples, on the sea.

Beck didn't say that the Japan earthquake was a punishment by God, he said maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Criticize all day long, that's fine. But aren't there enough real targets to go after so that these made-up ones are unnecessary?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by ag893

What if i want to be left behind? Then what.. what is your logic behind this? am I the devil..or one of his minions ?

I would much rather be left behind, then go on some magical trip through the clouds with a bunch of religious nuts anyway.. just saying
edit on 21-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

You know, you have some smiley's and stuff in your post so it makes it feel a bit more in jest than anything, but I find it hard not to comment regardless..

I always have to laugh when religious zealots of any denomination warn me of my impending doom, my being denied entry to the holy paradise, and all the other mumbo-jumbo they throw out there.

The way I look at it, is exactly how you put it. I always looked at the situation as "well, if they're right, at least they won't be around to bother me anymore!".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
No you aren't the devil or of him. But if you get left behind, you will see him in human form on your television and all over the internet as world ruler/leader come to put the Earth back into order after the massive chaos that happens when Jesus takes the church and the holy spirit out the earth. This is when the NWO is fully implemented. You will then be subject to the dictatorship of the antichrist for 7 years in addition under God's judgement such as a worldwide earthquake, the 7 bowl judgements, and the revelation judgements. During these 7 years you will have to makre a choice who you will serve. Satan or Jesus. By at least year 3 of the tribulation, Satan will require all living human beings to take his mark to buy and sell. Do not take this mark or you will be damned to hell with no hope of ever being washed by the blood of Christ. You will have to choose who you will serve finally. Satan or Jesus. By the last 3 years of the tribulation, satan will begin to have the order to exile all Christians from the face of the planet. He will have them beheaded and other gruesome tortures.

You can avoid all this by simply accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior today while you have time. All you have to do is believe in your heart Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. Confess your sins to Christ and ask for forgiveness. then you will be saved.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I dunno, I'm still not sold on this.

Can you throw in a free coffee maker or something? I mean you make it all sound really bad, but how do I know hell is so awful? You also mentioned something about in the last 3 years satan will be beheading christians and stuff, that sounds awful, why would I want to be a christian?? What if I'm late for the heaven-mobile because I'm busy making poptarts or something, and then I'm stuck here, but I'm a christian, so I get my head cut off.

I dunno, you're not really selling it for me. I think I'll go listen to some Judas Priest and make fun of the size of the pope's hat instead. Satan will dig my outlook and give me free beer I bet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I bet that Franklin Graham has not stopped collecting "Donations" of cash from his congregation. After all, just because it is the end times it does not mean he can stop paying car payments and buying suits and houses.

The dude pulled in close to $1,000,000.00 salary annually. I am sure that if Jesus is coming back, Franklin Graham is going to get turned into a pillar of salt for his Greed and Pride.

Apparently Franklin Graham has not gotten to the part of the bible that has Jesus in it yet. I hope he reaches it before Jesus comes back to exact his revenge.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

edit on 22-3-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: Just wanted to add that just in case Mr. graham is reading this. I figured I would help him skip ahead in his Bible studies and throw the guy a bone.

So what dollar amount does Jesus say makes someone rich?

Is Jesus talking about being rich in terms of money or something else? How do we know this?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It will be at God's Time.

1BUT AS to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.

2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.

3When people are saying, All is well and secure, and, There is peace and safety, then in a moment unforeseen destruction (ruin and death) will come upon them as suddenly as labor pains come upon a woman with child; and they shall by no means escape, for there will be no escape.1 Thessalonians 5

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Well, they also tell you shrimp is an abomination...so I wouldn't hold my breath

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Well, they also tell you shrimp is an abomination...

He's quoting 1 Thessalonians, so shrimp is back on the menu.

Wish I had a dollar for every ignorant atheist who quotes Jewish Law to Christians and thinks that it has some bearing. It doesn't, the argument fails, and I'd have a lot of dollars.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's the time the rational people stop catering to the evangelicals. Hell, even some conservatives like Schieffer are speaking out against them, calling them the "village idiot of America".

Either way, there's a definite trend, and more and more people on this planet are waking up, realizing that religion is mostly about one thing: control of the masses.

Nothing wrong with religion itself, but if it makes you ignorant towards facts, you should reevaluate your priorities.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Japan is just one of many signs of the times. We have still got to endure many more before Christ returns. We still have the endure the coming of the antichrist who will pretend to be Christ. From the looks of this thread, the antichrist is going to fool a lot of people into believing that he is Christ returned. I almost feel sorry for the all of the so called Christians that fall for it except that the Bible already warned everyone not to be deceived into believing Christ has returned even if he returns after a really big earthquake.

Mark 13:5 Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This topic is a very interesting one and I'm always hooked up with posts regarding this.. Is it really true??? How about this video? Do you think it suggests something regarding the second coming? www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by MrXYZ

I absolutely agree. For centuries we have been "living in end times" according to most apocalyptic religions. I suppose the horrors and tragedies seized to be considered 'harbingers' of the end offer a small comfort to those who need some sense of legitimacy to their faiths.

But; if we were to accept that religious mysticism and prophecy are legitimate phenomenon, then at some point we must recognize that just because an even is associated with prophecy doesn't mean it is going to be 'magical' and 'inexplicable' either.'

I suppose this is the sound of one religion calling for renewed faith - or else. It's a very old paradigm.... sadly, it still seem to work for those inclined to be fearful. For others it just raises angst and confrontation.

Isolating Japans tragedy as a sign of religious prophecy will have its measurable effect in those already convinced of the validity of the prophecy... but I fear the "Sinners Repent!" sloganeering has lost its punch in the new millennium.

That would be all well and good except if you look at both Chernobyl and Fuku these were reactors.

Reactor
Creator

ETA: Dont leave out the infamous Wormwood of Revelations. Chernobyl means Wormwood.

Yahoo Link

EDIT: I just came across this link:

is-chernobyl-wormwood

Now this is interesting. I am not superstitious but that is some coincidences there. But then the sun is the largest nuclear reactor so perhaps it all makes some sense.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join