It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is coming: Evangelical thinks Japan quake is a sign of the ‘second coming’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I mean no offense, but people have been claiming to hear voices for ages. Sometimes they claim it was god/Jesus, sometimes a little voice tells them to kill others, and sometimes that voice drives them nuts. That's NOT objective evidence.

So if someone came to you and said "I heard a voice claiming to be from planet Zorg, and it told me to collect all the leaves in the world", you would say "fine, that makes sense...go for it"?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Jesus is nothing like the evangelicals. If anything Jesus would be a very spiritual hippie, in today's society.
Enough said.

I'd like to say something more if it's ok with you. If the Christ did return today with his message of peace love and tolerance; he would more than likely be crucified again by the people that claim to worship him. His message has been distorted by the evangelicals to mean "we are special, we are the chosen, and to hell with the rest of you"

I know this is painting with a broad brush but it's just my experience and why I left organized religion. The conservative, toxic, spiritual arrogance just got more than I could bare. And it's a shame that it has even infected ATS.
edit on 21-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I tend to agree with you. Not literally crucify him, of course, I would hope. But the message of Jesus is as unpopular today as it was back then. There arent many people who practice the Christianity of Jesus.

I dont know if you have ever read Terry Prachetts "Small Gods" but if you havent, you might like it. It is based around just that point, that the most popularly worshiped God in the world might not really have any actual followers.

Not only is the point interesting, but he is a hilarious writer.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Rustami

I mean no offense, but people have been claiming to hear voices for ages. Sometimes they claim it was god/Jesus, sometimes a little voice tells them to kill others, and sometimes that voice drives them nuts. That's NOT objective evidence.

So if someone came to you and said "I heard a voice claiming to be from planet Zorg, and it told me to collect all the leaves in the world", you would say "fine, that makes sense...go for it"?

yeah this voice saved my life at an exact moment in time and to make clear it was not "inside my head" but as a friend would speak as if sitting beside me-trust me nothing I have'nt looked into already nor is there any accusation you could "hope" for that has'nt been heard before, some of the worst coming from the "religious", the real clincher is the winged angel or cherub ( another poster here said cherub was more likely) that shown like lightning which a friend and I had seen as kids while in Scouts that had flown down and landed on the roof across the street, walked the ridge to the edge before starting to look downward, then suddenly turned his head to look at me directly in the eyes as if caught off gaurd (a very frightening experience as a kid) and amazingly found a very similar description seen by Mary and Mary written how long ago and what do you think the odds of all these things are? you do know John and Jesus heard a voice from heaven and were accused of being out of their mind by family and demon possesed by religious authorities as well before being murdered right?-

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow-Matt28

how did they know about the wings?

And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another; even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims.-Exodus37

edit on 21-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda funny to pretend scripture or mythical prophecies have anything to do with the catastrophe in Japan when science perfectly explains what happened? Plate tectonics...look it up

But I guess the evangelicals aren't alone, and have other crazy lunatics like Glenn Beck on their side

edit on 21-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

"is that what glenn becks god does? , kill tens of thousands of people. INCLUDING men women and children?" Great quote from that video. Glad god could include the men women and children with all the other people he killed.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

"is that what glenn becks god does? , kill tens of thousands of people. INCLUDING men women and children?"

Glen Becks God is money, and fame. His God would put on a donkey show if it got him better ratings.

And this is exactly what I mean by people who use things like the idea of "judgment day" for their own personal promotion and gain. I really dont mind the people who honestly feel they have some insight into the end of the world. Even when it is stark raving.

But the people who claim these things to build their church membership, or fan base, they are disgusting.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is there any evidence that the second coming of Jesus wasn't just a spiritual metaphor designed for us to reach a heightened consciousness? Lol Damn, a lot of religion does not make sense if taken literally! ahhhh

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I believe more will unfold world wide as Jesus Warned in Matthew 24 and Luke 21

World Chaos is Increasing Every Day!

The Stage Has Been Set.
2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.

3When people are saying, All is well and secure, and, There is peace and safety, then in a moment unforeseen destruction (ruin and death) will come upon them as suddenly as labor pains come upon a woman with child; and they shall by no means escape.1 Thessalonians 5

(Nuclear Age) Daniel 12:4 (End of Days Knowledge Will Increase)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think this post holds the record to my knowledge at least since i've been a member of ats of posts removed for whatever reason LOL.

That aside, i love how christians make it sound so easy and good. just accept jesus and everything he says blindly and then and only then can you be cleansed of your sins and allowed into heaven. i have no clue how anyone could think that is fair to put people at a decision like that, sounds more like an ultimatum than a chance at redemption.

And by the by as a kid this all sounded perfectly reasonable, but then i discovered the saying "if it seems to good to be true then it probably is."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What's kept me away from religion when all these Bible Scholars claim that the next coming of Jesus is gonna happen and then it never does. How many times has this happened? A BUNCH.

Looks like religion is only a business of brainwashing even though it could be just morals as well...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
People who think that the second coming is in the next couple of years are going against the very book that they love soooo much. Which says dont worry about it and know one knows. So its kinda laughable when I hear people say that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
I think this post holds the record to my knowledge at least since i've been a member of ats of posts removed for whatever reason LOL.

That aside, i love how christians make it sound so easy and good. just accept jesus and everything he says blindly and then and only then can you be cleansed of your sins and allowed into heaven. i have no clue how anyone could think that is fair to put people at a decision like that, sounds more like an ultimatum than a chance at redemption.

And by the by as a kid this all sounded perfectly reasonable, but then i discovered the saying "if it seems to good to be true then it probably is."

My friend, this is the greatest distortion of what Christ was all about. I am not blaming you for your distortion for I know it is only what you have learned from others who claim to be his followers. Please consider carefully what I am about to show you.

It is not about accepting Jesus. It is and always has been about accepting his teachings. He was the way, the truth, and the life. He showed the way by how he dealt with others, he spoke the truth honestly from his heart, and he demonstrated his lessons with his life. What was his truth? There is NO Sin.

Sin is a concept invented by man and taught to others and this concept of Sin kills our very soul.

Check this out...

1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

Look at these disciples, the closest to Jesus who learned day and night of his humility and they inquire about who will be great in Heaven? It is as if they were not paying attention to a word out of Christ's mouth. Who will be greatest indeed. Watch how Jesus turns the tables on their vain thoughts...

2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Ha! These grown men basking in their wisdom! LOL Jesus says nay! You must become as little children. Now what sin does a little child know? Nothing is wrong to a little Child. They flick their buggers, they giggle at their farts, they wonder at everything, they do not judge anything, they speak honestly from the heart, they worry not for anything at all in life. They see no Sin, because they have not been taught about Sin. Oh to be of a child's mind again. It is delightful!

4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Sin is the millstone around our neck. If you start deciding what is right and wrong behavior, it drags you down. It becomes something that burdens you through your life for their is no absolute right and wrong. Love one another, that is all we are supposed to do. Love one another and enjoy this wonderful world we have been given.

7Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Sure, things are going to offend us, but if you keep it as offensive, you will never be at peace with those around you. You cannot control others, so stop being offended by them. Love one another and let each explore the world how they choose.

8Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Get rid of what you think is offensive. It eats at your soul and renders the whole body corrupt. You become hateful and bitter. Stop seeing everything as sinful and just LIVE!

10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Can you despise a child for the innocent things they do? Then do not despise each other. Get rid of your biases, your prejudices, your ideas of sin and offence. It is killing us.

Some like to say Christ died for our sins. No, he died because men (The Pharasees and Saducees) were sinners. They believed in sin and had Christ crucified for their concept of Sin.

Here is a parable on Sin.

A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

See the owner of the fig tree wanted to just cut it down because it produced no fruit. The dresser knew better though. He asked not to remove the tree but to allow him to care for it for a year. In that time he fertilized it, he showed it love, and he knew in doing this the tree would produce fruit.

Here Jesus Sins himself:

10And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. 15The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? 17And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.

See, he healed on the sabbath day which was strictly forbidden. Does it make sense to forbid good works simply for a weak concept of Sin?

Here is what he had to say on praying for forgiveness of Sins.

1And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. 2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3Give us day by day our daily bread. 4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Forgive your sins, for you also forgive everyone else sins against you. Don't count anything as Sin, and no sin will be counted against you.

I could go into the Judge not, lest ye be judge, and Forgive that ye shall be forgiven, but I think the point is made.

Now there are sinners out there. They are the one's who will come rushing in to say how much I am sinning with this post, or how much you are sinning for not believing, or how much this other person is a sinner, yes indeed they ARE sinners. If they declare something a sin, they are bound by the law which they declare and will be judged accordingly.

I am not a sinner because I do not believe in Sin. I am a follower of Christ because I have accepted his teachings. The only Law I am bound by is Christ's Law, love one another.

Let the sinners keep their sin.

It is a millstone around their neck.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Even New Age Teaching Mentions An Imminent Rapture of Millions!

The stage is being set and The World Has Been Conditioned!

To believe in Advanced Alien Beings...? (Knowing) (Skyline) (V) (The Event)

The Rapture

According To New Age Channelers

"The people who leave the planet during the time of Earth changes do not fit in here
any longer, and they are stopping the harmony of Earth. When the time comes
that perhaps 20 million people leave the planet at one time there will be
a tremendous shift in consciousness for those who are remaining."

Barbara Marciniak, "Bringers of the Dawn"

The disappearance of every born-again Christian will be the first in a long line of miracles and fulfillment of prophecy to occur in the last days. The strict fulfillment of events will be powerful evidence of who is in charge. All will know that God is in control but there will still be a great many rebellious souls who refuse to accept Jesus Christ and humbly repent. This is the dark side of Free Choice.
Many do not realize that the end of this age does not entirely revolve around the human race. The end could have occured long ago were it not for God's desire to rescue humanity from Satan and his angels. It is Satan who is manipulating events here and that is why he is referred to as "the god of this world" in 2 Corinthians 4:4 and "the prince of this world" in John 12:31 and 14:30. He rebelled long ago and it is at the conclusion of this age that Satan will be imprisoned. And his angels, as well as all men who refuse the gift of Christ's sacrifice, will finally be entirely cut off from God's love and will not be allowed to continue to sabotage His creation.
Satan is very restricted as to what course of action he may take but this will not stop him from deceiving many. In this task he is very active. In 2 Corinthians 11:14 Paul warns us that Satan masquerades as an angel of light and also remarks that it should not be surprising that his servants appear as servants of righteousness as well. One of their favorite tools is the tool of flattery. They tell us what we want to hear and subtly pervert the truth so that it conforms to our own self-centered and self-serving human philosophies. This is being done on an unprecedented scale in the powerful New Age movement today.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful post my friend...

I can't wait to see some replies

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful post my friend...

I can't wait to see some replies

You know, I am starting to think I must have a bad Bible. Mine seems to be missing the fire and brimstone.

LOL

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I think theres enough fire and brimstone here to make up for it man

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

born-again Christian

Oh please, not those crazy bastards

"We're gonna get raised up...and you will be left behind!!"

They're special

edit on 21-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't understand how some people interpret earthquakes as signaling the end of the world, Jesus coming back, or become afraid thinking it's a sign of 2012 doomsday. Earthquakes have been happening for millions of years, plenty of fault lines like clock-work. Just because a big one happens while you're alive on this planet, or while Obama is president doesn't add any significance to it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well its too bad Franklin Graham said that. Its hard to believe he really thinks Jesus could be killed by an earthquake. Then again, the entire Graham family has a very peculiar history as evidenced by the fact that, as an evangelist, Billy Graham was so respected in secular society and politics etc. William Randolph Hearst instructed his newspaper people to "Puff Graham" which means create him through the media in essence. That should send red flags up. Franklin Graham is likely aware that a comment like that will only make Christians look stupid and ignorant. Yes it does not make sense but then again the world is not governed the way people think it is........

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread, in regards to the title..... I thought that I thought that the second coming was of Christ, not of Jesus Christ.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join