It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is coming: Evangelical thinks Japan quake is a sign of the ‘second coming’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thus, even the atheist is blessed in the Kingdom of Heaven.

There is room for all.

I think a lot of self-proclaimed Christians would strongly disagree with you there. You should read some of the private messages I get, they make it pretty clear they don't expect me to drink a Guinness with them in heaven

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thus, even the atheist is blessed in the Kingdom of Heaven.

There is room for all.

I think a lot of self-proclaimed Christians would strongly disagree with you there. You should read some of the private messages I get, they make it pretty clear they don't expect me to drink a Guinness with them in heaven

Really? Why don't you post them!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because last time I did, I got a warning and told to not do it again

Plus, the fools over at the 2012 forum section need me, trying to stop them from building bunkers and buying up all the army crackers and canned food I like so much

edit on 21-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess thats solved it then, its not jesus coming back, its just natural disasters

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Then give me your definition of deity that would allow for it to have caused this earthquake

A god who is in control, despite the fact you can describe the science of the matter.

How is it, that because you can describe a minute part, of what makes the watch tic ? You think you can fire the watchmaker?

edit on 21-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And your OBJECTIVE evidence such a deity exists is....

Because if you don't have any objective evidence, my next question will be wether or not you believe in pink unicorns.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I guess we are all screwed, if members of a church who believe in the sky zombie say we are all doomed, then its gotta be truth huh? I guess those from Westboro church have it right?

edit on 21-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Because if you don't have any objective evidence, my next question will be wether or not you believe in pink unicorns.

I suppose I would if they were in the Bible. You know I'm not trying to convince you of anything ? I'm just replying..

How is it you don't see, that what you propose to be truth, is even more absurd then what I believe. ?

I believe this gigantic magic show,( that you can decribe how some of the tricks are pulled off ) that is the universe, is the production of a grand magician.

You believe the magic show happens without a magician. How many magic shows have you been to ?

I may be a self proclaimed Christian of sorts. SO ! But you didn't get any of those U2U's from me.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well I expect you to drink a Guinness with me in Heaven my friend, but remember, I am not a Christian.

Now back to the definition of Deity, I had to break for dinner so forgive me the delay....

I cannot fully define deity for you my friend. To define it is to limit it and it cannot be limited. Deity, to me any way, is the invisible force of all that is in motion. Thus, it IS everything. I know it is intelligent for it is the source of our own consciousness which we know as intelligent. It is through this consciousness that we are able to unravel the mysteries of our existence. If our existence was not laid out in an intelligent manner, it would not exist. If Atoms did not have rules of motion to follow, and thus randomly jostled about, electrons would not be confined to their orbits, matter as we know it would not exist.

There is an intelligent arrangement to all things thus, an intelligence had to have arranged them. Randomness precludes such arrangements.

Your own disbelief in deity is based on your own contemplations of our existence. Had you been born in another location, had a different up bringing, had different experiences, well you might be Billy Graham. Your own consciousness had it's life set on predetermined circumstances that you cannot even fathom. All these things lead to who you are. You are no different than I, we have only had different experiences.

Like wise, we both have a purpose in the grand scheme of things. Yours is to deny a deity exists so that we do not bow before false idols in our certainty that our latest grand step in evolution is the limits of our existence, and mine is to remind you that there must be a higher purpose to our endeavors than that of elevating our selves to the status of the end all, be all of everything. That kind of attitude only leads to the world we have now where the religious bow to false idols and viciously defend them, while others worship themselves seeing nothing greater than themselves.

My religion is love. My deity is unknown. My faith is in mankind. And my hope is for tomorrow.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 21-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I cannot fully define deity for you my friend. To define it is to limit it and it cannot be limited. Deity, to me any way, is the invisible force of all that is in motion. Thus, it IS everything.

You're not defining a deity then. By calling 'everything" a 'deity', you're redefining the universe. We already have a name for the universe. Why would you possibly change it to "deity"?

Also, the force that causes motion can have lots of potential sources. Calling those things "deities" does not make them deities.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
You're not defining a deity then. By calling 'everything" a 'deity', you're redefining the universe. We already have a name for the universe. Why would you possibly change it to "deity"?

Also, the force that causes motion can have lots of potential sources. Calling those things "deities" does not make them deities.

It's semantics my friend. If you are more comfortable just saying universe, then by all means, universe it is.

I am not changing it. The Universe was considered deity long before the word universe came about.

We have simply created a new word for the everything, and people fight over the word change.

Remember, in the beginning was the WORD.

What is that word? Who cares, it changes too damn much.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What is that word? Who cares, it changes too damn much.

INCOMMING!!!

*hides*

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
I am just wondering why people think jesus is returning soon if at all? surely if he wanted to sort us all out, he would have done so a long time ago. if your way of thinking is that because the world is in a poor state at present with earthquakes and conflict, surely he would have been better coming during the first world war where around 50 million people died. A lot is going on right now, and ok we do have more technology than we used to and are more than capable of wiping out every living thing on the planet should it get that far, do you not think if he was coming at all he would have done so already, as the current world is not as bad as it has been? Yes people are dying on a massive scale, but in all fairness, this is not a new thing. I suppose on the other hand maybe he has left it too late? but if not what possible signs are people seeing, that have not been present for hundreds if not thousands of years, that make you so sure he is coming now? Personally i am not seeing anything new. earthquakes worldwide, but on fault lines. and wars that have been going on for years on some scale or another. I dont see anything different.

during the Bolshevik Revolution I have read reports as high as 60 to 100 million not to mention alot of other things including abortion legalization in 1920

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

Now, what about abortion? At the low end of the Guttmacher scale, even if we ignore all abortions done prior to 1980 when accurate numbers are a little more difficult to ascertain, abortion accounts for more than twice the number of deaths by war! In just the last 25 years, the ghastly toll for abortion has totaled over 900 million dead babies. Taking the more probable mean average, the toll rises to well over 1 billion babies; or nearly three times the amount of deaths due to war. www.covenantnews.com.

Indeed, 56 percent of all female suicides occur in China..It is also the only country where more women die from suicide than men. For women under 45, the suicide rate is twice as high as that of Chinese men. Government officials are reported to be at a loss for an explanation. qixass.com...

Perhaps one reason for the strong abortion/suicide link exists in the fact that in many ways abortion is like suicide. A person who threatens suicide is actually crying out for help. So are women who contemplate abortion. Both are in a state of despair. Both are lonely. Both feel faced by insurmountable odds. www.physiciansforlife.org...

“Parents are faced with a shell of a person and have no idea where they lost their child.”
—Terri, who had a secret abortion as a teen

•Teenage girls are ten times more likely to attempt suicide if they have had an abortion in the last six months than are teens who have not had an abortion.1
•Teens who abort are 2 to 4 times more likely to commit suicide than adults who abort,2 and a history of abortion is likely to be associated with adolescent suicidal thinking.3
•Overall suicide rates are 7 times higher among women who abort.4
•Teens who abort are more likely to develop psychological problems,5 and are nearly three times more likely to be admitted to mental health hospitals than teens in general.6
•About 40% of teen abortions take place with no parental involvement,7 leaving parents in the dark about subsequent emotional or physical problems.
•Teens risk further injury or death because they are unlikely to inform parents of any physical complications. Some examples of teens who died from complications or suicide after they had abortions without telling their parents www.sectionq.com...

But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days!

The word fetus is from the Latin fetus, meaning offspring, bringing forth, hatching of young. It has Indo-European roots related to sucking or suckling.

A phenomenon that once unleashed up to 20,000 bolts a night stopped in late January. Not a single bolt has been seen since.

"This is unprecedented. In recorded history we have not had such a long stretch without lightning," said Erik Quiroga, an environmentalist and leading authority on the Relampago de Catatumbo, or Catatumbo Lightning
.www.guardian.co.uk...

The 1 million powerful flashes of lightning a year over this relatively small area are considered by some to be the world’s largest single generator of tropospheric ozone.

It has not been seen since January 2010, apparently due to a drought, raising fears that it may have been extinguished permanently. Posted on May 5th, 2010 zenweezil.com...

Catatumbo Lightning restarted in April 2010, after more than 2 months long disruption.www.wondermondo.com...

GRB 080319B released more energy than any other astronomical event ever recorded. In less than a minute, this dying star output more energy than the Sun will in its entire ten billion-year lifetime! Although it was observed in March 2008, the explosion itself happened some 7.5 billion years ago: that’s longer than our Sun has existed, and more than half the age of the universe itself. Ever since then the light has been streaming towards us, more than half the observable universe away, while we were busy evolving brains and building telescopes suitable to pick it up.cosmic-web.co.uk...

“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring

as well as the single worst tsunami in history...

The earthquake was caused by subduction and triggered a series of devastating tsunamis along the coasts of most landmasses bordering the Indian Ocean, killing over 230,000 people in fourteen countries, and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (100 feet) high.[5] It was one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history..With a magnitude of between 9.1 and 9.3, it is the third largest earthquake ever recorded on a seismograph. This earthquake had the longest duration of faulting ever observed, between 8.3 and 10 minutes. It caused the entire planet to vibrate as much as 1 cm (0.4 inches)[6] and triggered other earthquakes as far away as Alaska en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

I used to make fun of anything God/ Jesus myself until one night after I had picked up the green Gideon NT that had been left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier I'm guessing..anyway as soon as I began to open just the cover- an audible voice as if was sitting on my left said my name then " I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish"

seems this happened to Paul as well when he first believed (an invisible voice- Acts chapter 9) and these?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God.-John5.25

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then all died-1Cor5.14

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God-1Tim1.7

find these interesting as well

because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.-Gal2.4 KJV

that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there—false ones, really—who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations. But we refused to give in to them for a single moment. We wanted to preserve the truth of the gospel message for you.-2.4 NLT

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth-Rom9.11

But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.-Acts15

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

as for the Guinness thing

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and sinners.-Matt11

edit on 21-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
We are already well within a full panoramic view of the climactic perilous situation, a perilous journey that is going to get worse and worse as we travel further along history’s pathway.

6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened or troubled, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in place after place;

8All this is but the beginning [the early pains] of the [c]birth pangs [of the [d]intolerable anguish].Matthew 24

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Every generations' evangelicals think that the stuff that happens in their lifetime is a sure sign of the 'second coming'. People have professed that he was coming ever since he died... They claimed "the final hour" in the bible!

Very, very true.

And Im not really sure that what is happening in Japan right now, geologically, really is that different. It was a big quake, but they had one as big in 800AD I think they said, soooo, its not the first time.

I really dont mind that people mistakenly think or claim that "now is the time" I can certainly see why people would think that, there is a lot about humanity that makes me think we cant possibly get any worse. What bothers me are those people who claim "now is the time" for their own personal profit.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

No offense, but when has this NOT been the case? For the last 2000 years when has humanity not been at war or contemplating war somewhere in the world? The history of mankind is us slaughtering one another. Continuously.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Jesus is nothing like the evangelicals. If anything Jesus would be a very spiritual hippie, in today's society.
Enough said.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Watch out Jesus this guys can heal instantly.

Anyone can say anything would be the sign of the second coming, I could say because I drank tea last thursday it was said that my events were the cause of something bad happening tomorrow which means something might happen next week.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid

Watch out Jesus this guys can heal instantly.

Anyone can say anything would be the sign of the second coming, I could say because I drank tea last thursday it was said that my events were the cause of something bad happening tomorrow which means something might happen next week.

Video's not working..Need some help with it?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join