It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Heels a Secret Weapon of Female Oppression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We are discussing the grand aspects of the new world order, but how about the minute. Is it possible that certain cultural habits are directly linked to the new world order tactic of oppression? Take heels and how they are - quite literally - shoved on women's feet.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

Originally I thought it was just a form of femal dress wear. But from what I learned from? I dont know. Hope all is going as well as it can.

Be well

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Now you go too far!
I like the way women look, I don't want them all to be wearing sack cloths and flats! What am I gonna ogle if that happens?
Oh, and women are short so need the height boost so they can reach stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My wife chooses to wear heels and when to wear them, sometimes that choice is made in haste in my opinion. As in when she bitches that her feet hurt from wearing heels all day. I think to myself, "Well, DUH!" but am smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Umm Ever worn heels? I've worn shoes with abnormal bits, and if anything heels are an oppression of vanity.

Not sure what angle your title means - female oppression as in they will oust males with thee mad feet - or
Female Oppression, as in man will rule over them and bind their feet!

Oo

high heels are stupid imo.. I love nothing more than a bare foot woman, walking on a beach, flicking sand and smiling as she notices me...

*usually coz Im the ugly bastard staring.. lol*

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Now you go too far!

Oh, and women are short so need the height boost so they can reach stuff.

No sir, tis you who go too far.
I'm over 6 foot in mine. It's me fella that's a short arse.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Well, I guess you can do all the reaching for him, then!

His name ain't Darren, is it?
edit on 21-3-2011 by SprocketUK because: alzheimers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They certainly oppress my wallet!!

My wife is the West Midlands UK version of Imelda Marcos!

I just don't get the fascination.. Shoes... Handbags... Why do ladies need so many?? And why should I have to take out a second mortgage for them??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As far as I know heels first became popular to help with Horse riding, helping to keep the stirrups on your shoes, and were used by both men and women, and have slowly developed, and gone in and out of fashion for both sexes.

If you want an example of proper oppression through foot wear try Chinese foot binding, a now thankfully obsolete practice that often left the woman more or less unable to walk and disabled.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd31725052e8.jpg[/atsimg]

x-ray of a bound foot
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/645c3c47f516.jpg[/atsimg]

As a side note, something similar is sometimes done by modern day fetishists in the form of ballet boots, which are designed to make it hard to walk and restrict movement, but they are only worn for short periods where they don't do any damage

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e47a44dd946.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 21-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Heels are a direct expression of female sexuality. Some heels are even given the label of "come ==== me shoes"
and they do have a particular style.

Those of us that are in what is commonly called "saloon society" have always known this. When it comes to seducing the fairer sex, if you don't know the cues, you waste a lot of time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Heels are a direct expression of female sexuality. Some heels are even given the label of "come ==== me shoes"
and they do have a particular style.

Those of us that are in what is commonly called "saloon society" have always known this. When it comes to seducing the fairer sex, if you don't know the cues, you waste a lot of time.
Yaah, now we're talkin'.

Stretch the leather up the calves from those heels and you have a pair of "F--k me boots"!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
They certainly oppress my wallet!!

My wife is the West Midlands UK version of Imelda Marcos!

I just don't get the fascination.. Shoes... Handbags... Why do ladies need so many?? And why should I have to take out a second mortgage for them??
My wife agreed to throw away a pair of her 'old ones' before she buys a new pair, we don't have room for my three pair of shoes.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond
Are Heels a Secret Weapon of Female Oppression?

Yes, that and corsets. All torture devices designed to make us "more attractive".

But wait...

High heeled shoes for women may have been around at least since hellenistic greece, and possibly since ancient Egypt. So if the NWO has been around for the last 6000 years or so you may have something otherwise...

I'm inclined to think it's men imposing restrictions on womens bodies to reinforce the power structure (and conveniently enough to make it harder for us to run away.)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oppression? Nobody is forced to wear high heels.

I look at it as another way women can catch their prey. Look at men as fish. The women use heels, makeup, earrings, jewelry dress, to attract the fish. Men are weak when it comes to an attractive female as their hormones do the talking. Nothing finer than a woman strolling along in heels and a skirt showing off those legs. I'm on the stringer at that point.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thank's for reminding me to order a new corset too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
OP im sorry they cannot understand what the ? But YES from learning. If I could ad I would but you know.. Hows life?

top topics

join