It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your insurance cover abductions ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22d2e7a7339e.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, you heard correct..And unfortunatley this is not a hoax.. The first company to offer UFO abduction insurance was the St. Lawrence Agency, in Altamonte Springs, Florida..

The company says that it has paid out at least two claims already.. The company pays the claimant $1 per year until their death or for 1 million years, whichever comes first.. Over 20,000 people have purchased the insurance policy..

The insurance is normally purchased by the "feeble-minded", according to Burgess, a former Lloyd's of London underwriter.[2] Prominent policyholders have included Shirley MacLaine and a Harvard University professor who has written on aliens.[3]

Interesting enough, The Heaven's Gate religious group had purchased alien abduction insurance before their mass suicide.. Heaven's Gate members believed that the planet Earth was about to be recycled, and wiped clean.. They thought the only chance to survive was to leave it immediately..

The suicide was accomplished by ingestion of phenobarbital mixed with applesauce or pudding, washed down with vodka..

Their insurance company stopped offering alien abduction insurance after the suicide..The company claims they sold the policy to about four thousand people..At a cost of roughly $155 a year the GRIP policy would pay about $160,000 to someone who could show that they had been abducted by a being who was not from Earth.. The payment would double if the insured person was impregnated during the event. Men were also able to purchase the impregnation insurance for protection against the unknown capabilities of alien technology..

Me I think I will take my chances, With my ATS tin foil hat..Link.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c498fdac4d46.jpg[/atsimg]

T-V

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah mine covers abduction, anal probing trauma and a direct hit from an asteroid.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I hope your still online for this... lmao

I used to work for this company - RACV ( Royal Auto Club Victoria )
A statewide insurance company in my local state ( Victoria, Australia )

I couldnt embbede the clip as it wasnt on youtube, but here it is here;

vdo.palungjit.com...

It covers the customer being abducted '' in his car ''

It's more comical than serious but thought it worth the mention hehe

----------------------------

Edit;

Here is the clip -

Still kinda funny.... But good luck trying explain that to your insurer....
edit on 21-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

HA, This is classic!
thanks for sharing..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
Yeah mine covers abduction, anal probing trauma and a direct hit from an asteroid.

Think you can get me a quote from your agency?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

yeah classic.... i had to edit a couple of times. But yeah kinda funny.... What if my windscreen is broken.....by aliens?? lmao...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yeah I can get you a quote, if I recommend a friend they will upgrade me to dream safe, witch will protect me from being murdered in my dreams.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
some of these are funny.

link

7. Rapture Insurance The Skinny: Not a true form of insurance, but pretty close, YouveBeenLeftBehind.com gives Christians one last chance to reach their friends and loved ones during “the time of tribulation after the rapture.” By delivering personalized messages to non-believers in the event that good Christians are called up to heaven, the website claims it can give its customers one last chance to save the ones closest to them. Although weird, it’s hard to deny that the offer is tempting to True Believers. Yet, this bizarre form of insurance does raise one very important question: if all the Christians are called up to heaven, who’s left at the company to click “send” on all those messages? The Payout: It’s hard to put a price on saving a soul, but You’ve Been Left behind will do it for $14.95. Paypal is accepted. – Source

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

RAPTURE INSURANCE!

I could make a fortune standing out in front of my local Christian church, selling rapture policy's..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
These are all very funny! Abduction insurance

But seriously, anyone ever heard of terrorist insurance? Apparently your health policy may not cover you in a terrorist attack without it.

Strange things...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CVinWA
These are all very funny! Abduction insurance

But seriously, anyone ever heard of terrorist insurance? Apparently your health policy may not cover you in a terrorist attack without it.

Strange things...

Strange..never heard of it..Will this cover me against my own government, If i drop dead for unexplained reasons ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hey consider this... Do you remeber the massive floods that hit Australia - Brisbane and QLD at the start of this year?

Many Australian Insurer's do not cover flood!! So all these home owners that had their homes wiped out by the catastophic floods actually werent covered by their insurer's... what an absoulte joke!!

Why bother having insurance unless you have a burglary or fire....

These floods were a complete disaster, yet the insurers trying to cover cost and not pay out were not helpfull at all. Even with the Fed and State governments trying to put pressure on them.... they wouldn't pay out!!

It's not in the interests of anyone in our community, including those companies, to stall or delay recovery."

Rather, insurers should show "flexibility".

The Insurance Council of Australia has warned that insurance companies would pay out on claims according to the terms and conditions of policies.

"If people do not purchase flood cover insurance, they will not be covered," an ICA spokesman said yesterday.

It is estimated more than half of all insured homes in Queensland are not covered for flood damage.

Queenslanders have already submitted 7000 insurance claims to date worth $365 million.

But both the number and quantum of claims will climb drastically.

The latest figures don't include claims for damage in the Toowoomba and Brisbane regions - two of the hardest hit.

Industrial and mining claims haven't been counted yet either.

Seventy-six per cent of the 7000 claims so far relate to property damage while the remainder involve motor vehicles.

Full Story - Herald Sun AU

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy - News.com.au

RACQ Insurance will be tough on claims--

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca990d7cf7dd.jpg[/atsimg]

RACQI heavily buffered from catastrophes
Insurance "has to stay in business"
WILD weather in Queensland has triggered almost 6000 claims for RACQ Insurance, which argued yesterday it would have to take a tough line with flood claims so the insurer could remain in business.

Claims lifted from the 2000 indicated on Thursday and would increase, RACQI said.

The figures revealed the fast-rising scale of disaster.

The tally comes as it is thought RACQI, owned by the motoring body, is heavily buffered from single large catastrophes by its own "re-insurance'' protection triggering at $10 million.

Full Story

Sorry to go a little off-topic but as of late insurance in Australia has been a touchy subject and with some friends and family affected by the floods i am not happy with their responce to the situation...

No matter what your cover is, whether it be - Car, Home, Contents, life or health.... just remember that an insurance company ( public ) is like any other corporation and will try to weasel and sneak their way out of paying customer's no matter what the consequenses!!

Their concern is for profit and shareholder's - not you!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got mine!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/734767d4a34d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Very nice! That would make a awesome avatar..

EDIT: see [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35e5a7dfb179.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Very nice! That would make a awesome avatar..

EDIT: see [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35e5a7dfb179.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

I've been trying to figure out how to do that! Awesome!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Feel free to use it..
I have grown quite fond of my new avatar..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thank you very much! Someday I will learn how to update my avatar... sad, I know.

top topics

join