It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime Rates Are Plummeting (despite the economy).....article

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Really?

You live in a crime infested neighborhood with drug dealers and pimps everywhere?

Can you walk your local streets at night?

Or is it that those crime infested streets are all on television, in all the police lawyer propaganda TV shows, where main street everywhere is crime ridden and infested with drug dealers and prostitutes?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b
Really?

You live in a crime infested neighborhood with drug dealers and pimps everywhere?

Can you walk your local streets at night?

Or is it that those crime infested streets are all on television, in all the police lawyer propaganda TV shows, where main street everywhere is crime ridden and infested with drug dealers and prostitutes?

Well, that isn't exactly the point you made earlier:

More and more people are tuning away from drugs, and putting a lot more effort into raising their kids properly. The younger generations are actually better behaved than their previous boomers, who should go down as the most selfish generation in history.

I see little evidence of this...

In any event, I am fortunate enough to be a person of reasonable means, and therefore don't have to live in areas where such crimes frequently take place.

But there are certainly many areas where walking the streets at night would be injurious to one's health.

Notwithstanding my first post within this thread, not all of the stats are propaganda.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I lived through the 80ties, when coc aine, crack, and crank were everywhere. The only people who didn't see it were blind. I grew up in the drug crazed era of the 70ties and 80ties, and know the signs. I know plenty of young people, and their attitudes have changed.

MJ use is still common, but the hard drugs are not embraced, and alcohol is not as prevalent.

Yeah, big pharma companies are peddling prescription drugs like candy. Anyone see this new movie "Limitless"? It is like one big commercial for drug usage.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The reasons why crime rates have fallen is because despite our current financial situation, the last 20 years the economy has been extremely strong in the west, high employment and good wages mean there is far less need for crime, if people have stuff they dont need to steal stuff, if people are working they have a stake in the society and dont want to take from it. It's pretty simple and has nothing to do with cannabis, the doctoring of statistics or through some spiritual awakening. Take away the comforts of modern society and see how far you get with your spiritual awkening.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I guess you became blind.

To say that the youth aren't doing hard drugs, just shows how terribly misinformed you are.

Not only are they doing hard drugs, they're able to get them at younger and younger ages.

Uppers were huge when "things were good" just a few years back. It seems to have turned back towards a downer phase following the economy. There's a ton of vicoden, xanox, and oxycontin's which the youth are gobbling up, not to mention the illegal hard drugs like straight up heroine.

I was a youth when the 90's rave scene was through the roof. You have no clue how many youth are engaged in a wide variety of hard drugs these days.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by larrydavid
Isn't it obvious?

Its cannabis.

As cannabis is now on the brink of being decriminalized/legalized it has become more readily available.

Less people are getting hammered off liquor and beer which has a know direct correlation to violent crimes.

More people who would normally turn to hard drugs and alcohol are instead turning to cannabis, which has a known calming, relaxing effect.

Some good news for a change!

Actually the crime of incarcerating drug users,dealers is way up, with about 1.5 million in the US
in prison for drug related crimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I lived through the 80ties, when coc aine, crack, and crank were everywhere. The only people who didn't see it were blind. I grew up in the drug crazed era of the 70ties and 80ties, and know the signs.

Then age has impacted your ability to see. Those drugs were simply replaced with others like meth, extasy, Oxycontin and a half dozen other drugs. Even you admit the prescription drug craze.

I know plenty of young people, and their attitudes have changed.

Me too....and not really.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Crime Rates Are Plummeting -- And No One Knows Why

say what ???
who says nobody knows why??

Look no further than your local skies,
and your local dinner table, my friend.

Those chemtrails and GMO's have an added
feature besides keeping us sick hooked
on big pharma.

They make us passive

That also accounts for the huge rise
in the gay agenda. It's part of the
NWO plot.

Don't breathe the air.
And don't eat the GMO Foods.

boon

edit on 3/21/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Everybody is in prison.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

But there are certainly many areas where walking the streets at night would be injurious to one's health.

Not nearly as many as you probably think. Most of these places exist in television production sets. I have been on those streets, and they are nothing like what you see on television.

I remember a while back, there was a murder at a local hotel, and the reporter described that area as a skid row. The murder took place in a very nice hotel, and all the hotels along that strip are luxury hotels. People don't walk those streets at night, there are no drug dealers. If walking through the area, your greatest threat would be the local police. Chances are high, being the only pedestrian in the area, you would get stopped and questioned.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So since crime rates are dropping, Does this mean we can decrease the amount of police, D.E.A., law enforcement etc? Or cut some of their budget?

Or at least relocate the law enforcement to areas that need them. Mexico/U.S. border. or Gang infested areas?

link   
reply to post by poet1b

Come walk the streets in South Dallas at night and tell me that the media is just hyping things up.

LOL

link   
reply to post by poet1b

Everyone assesses risk differently.

If you see a bed of roses, then by all means enjoy the flowers.

edit on 21-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The meth phase is dying out. Too many kids grew up watching their parents or other older people deteriorate before their eyes. When you know the signs, it is easy to spot.

Ecstasy is another drug fad dying out. Most users are people who got into the drug back in the eighties. It is also the drug of choice for the kids of the well to do, and not the kind peddled on the street and associated with crime.

Oxy is for middle aged people with money, like say Rush. You won't find it being peddled on the streets.

I would agree, most current drug use is prescription stuff, but the dealers have phd's, and don't have to carry guns. That is the sad truth of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in California.

California has a three strikes law.

Many of the violent lowlife criminals are behind bars for life. They don't get out to brutalize the rest of society.

Since the passage of the three strikes law, violent crime has steadily declined.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Dallas is a little far, but I have been on the streets of Oakland. I have friends who live there. I know the story.

What you are describing are prescription drugs, and like I pointed out, the dealer has a phd, not a gun.

Unlike the pitiful way things are portrayed in the movies, kids in the burbs didn't have to go to the ghetto to get their drugs, they had their own local drug dealers, and better drugs. These neighborhoods did not, and still do not, have high crime rates.

Why buy the low grade stuff off the street, when you can convince mom and dad to buy you good quality, designer big pharma made stuff to alter your mood.

Guys, wake up, you have been conned by the media.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Crime rates started dropping before CAs 3 strikes law was implemented, and the crime rates dropped across the nation, long before many states adopted 3 strikes laws.

This is why the 3 strikes laws are not given as the reason. The numbers show that the 3 strikes laws did not affect the trend.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Dallas is a little far, but I have been on the streets of Oakland. I have friends who live there. I know the story.

What you are describing are prescription drugs, and like I pointed out, the dealer has a phd, not a gun.

No, it's not. I mentioned both prescription drugs, and illegal hard drugs.

Unlike the pitiful way things are portrayed in the movies, kids in the burbs didn't have to go to the ghetto to get their drugs, they had their own local drug dealers, and better drugs. These neighborhoods did not, and still do not, have high crime rates.

I rarely watch movies. Some people I know still go to ghetto's to get their drugs. Sometimes the quality is better, or the price is at a steal. You seem to think that a high level drug dealer in the suburbs doesn't have a criminal mentality. I guess you haven't seen some of the suburban households armed to the teeth as I have!

Why buy the low grade stuff off the street, when you can convince mom and dad to buy you good quality, designer big pharma made stuff to alter your mood.

Guys, wake up, you have been conned by the media.

Well, how about because RX doesn't provide as wide a range in potential experiences as some of the newer designer drugs do? As far as I'm aware, you can't have hardcore psychadelic experiences from anything legal. That's one reason right there.

As for being conned by the media: don't even. I havent' watched a full segment of news in nearly a decade. The LCD hasn't been plugged into a network in over 5 years. I walk the streets, and go online to gather a wide range of facts and opinions before forming my own conclusion.

No conning going on here. You're not conning me.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You mentioned 3 prescription drugs, and one street drug, heroine, which has always been a small percentage of users, the hardcore users.

Most of your statements have nothing to do with my comments.

Most suburban households I know of that are armed to the teeth, are not drug users, but tend to be non-users.

I find network news to be so slanted it is unwatchable. It is good to look for multiple sources. Always keep an eye on what is going down on the street.

I like to watch movies. It is good to keep tabs on the propaganda being aimed at the public. You might want to consider that your views are a result of second hand exposure. High drug usage and crime rates convince people to support a police state.

The whole drug craze was sold to the youth of America. It is a mind control technique, and more and more people are waking up to the reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
sounds like propaganda to me how come all we hear about in the UK is how over crowded the prisons are they are trying to make us feel safe and in the process lull us into a false sense of security

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join