It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Now Coming From Reactors 2 & 3, Plant Evacuated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Latest Press Release From NISA - JAPAN

Major updates are as follows.
1. Nuclear Power Stations (NPS)
 Fukushima Dai-ichi NPS
・ White smoke generated from Unit 2 (18:22 March 21st).
・ Grayish smoke generated from Unit 3 (At around 15:55 March 21st). Thereafter the smoke was confirmed to be died down (17:55 March 21st).www.nisa.meti.go.jp...

www.nisa.meti.go.jp...

www.nisa.meti.go.jp...

Breaking News - U.S. Military Evacuation

Two US Navy ships pulled out of the Japanese base at Yokosuka due to fears over rising radiation, Fox News Channel reported Monday.

The USS George Washington and the USS Lassen left the base, which is located south of Tokyo, as a precautionary measure "to ensure a state of readiness in the long term for the defense of Japan," the US Navy said in a statement.

The USS George Washington, which is a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, was removed from the area for regularly scheduled maintenance, a military official told Fox News. The USS Lassen is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Two US Navy ships pulled out of the Japanese base at Yokosuka due to fears over rising radiation, Fox News Channel reported Monday.

The USS George Washington and the USS Lassen left the base, which is located south of Tokyo, as a precautionary measure "to ensure a state of readiness in the long term for the defense of Japan," the US Navy said in a statement.

The USS George Washington, which is a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, was removed from the area for regularly scheduled maintenance, a military official told Fox News. The USS Lassen is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.
www.foxnews.com...

"We are moving out VERY QUICKLY because we need to ensure long term security for you, you know?..."

"Oh, and we need to do some maintenance.
Never mind that we have all the necessary tools to do it rite now. Bye."

edit on 21-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just noticed this paragraph near the end of a NYT article on increased foreign news coverage:

Journalists also have encountered danger in Japan in the wake of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis there. Last week, news organizations tried to limit reporters’ exposure to radiation by moving farther from the Fukushima nuclear plant. Mr. Williams said the BBC had scaled back to about 20 people in Tokyo, from more than 40 previously. NBC said in a statement that it had “downsized the number of folks on the ground, to limit exposure to the danger of the power plant,” and that the people who stayed had done so voluntarily.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Won't the rain just wash it away? What about carbon credits? Do the Japanese have to use up all their credits because of the immense heat given off? Or is the heat from the melted reactors leaving a smaller footprint?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, after watching the chernoble video last night im starting to wonder if things in Japan have gone past what happened there, they only had one reactor damaged in chernoble, they damaged the health of 500,000 people just to get the site partially cleaned up and the cover on, which by the way now needs replacing, it all could have gone horribly wrong and they fully admit that, they also have a 30km area that remains abandoned due to the amount of radiation, i'm also concerned about the lack of cover on the news and the diversionary tactic of the Libya stuff, I think its highly likely that it could be far more serious than they are letting on and will be a worldwide event, anyone not prepped to the hilt better go get some pretty quick, and dont forget your tinfoil hat your life may depend on it......
edit on 21-3-2011 by orinoco4 because: missed some words out

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Radiation 1,600 times normal level 20 km from Fukushima nuke plant: IAEA (10:06)

Scrolling at the top of english.kyodonews.jp... right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

[8:29 p.m. Monday ET, 9:29 a.m. Tuesday in Tokyo] The U.S. military is considering the mandatory evacuation of thousands of American troops and their families in Japan out of concern over rising radiation levels, a senior defense official said, according to CNN's Chris Lawrence.

The official, who did not want to be on the record talking about ongoing deliberations, says there are no discussions to evacuate all U.S. troops across the country. The talks have focused exclusively on U.S. troops in Yokosuka, just south of Tokyo, the official said. Yokosuka is home to America's largest naval base in Japan.

The official told CNN this is strictly a contingency plan, and could be accomplished "if they needed to do it in a hurry, with gray tails," or large military transport planes like a C-17.

CBS News first reported that the evacuation were being considered.

This is it, folks, we're in the third act now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Reporter on Fox now live from Japan:

"We are not out of the woods at all...high levels of radiation 12 miles away, one can imagine the levels at the plant...US destroyer left from a port south of Tokyo...Fox news has confirmed concerns about radiation are why troops are being pulled further out to sea..."

I'm flipping through all the news channels but that's the only mention so far of the elevated radiation; host confirmed the 1600x normal figure in the intro.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am positive I have seen the moon BIGGER and RED, deep purple red...beautiful!!!(not brighter) but bigger and felt that I wasted a good hour of my life watching it for no reason!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iheartprplkoolaid
noone cares about this. shouldnt we be posting about how the moon didnt kill everyone last night?

That window closes on the 23rd.

And this is going to get far worse for Japan and the rest of us too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Anyone else find the timing of these suspicious? Are the Tokyo blackouts related to the situation at the plant?

edit on 21-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

Not suspicious as besides this reactor complex 5 others went and auto shutdown after the earth quake, from what I can find none of the reactors in Japan are up and running yet so they are short 30% of there power generation, plus all those other plants are consumming power for cooling rather than generating power.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Should not the regulators , constructors and money makers for such disgusting things be charged for crimes against humanity, or do they just get the profit and then run away to some nice place somewhere else, while the public get the pain. It amuses me that the idiot Idi Amin got to kill millions, and yet lived happily ever after, are not the creators of such terrible things much the same. Heck were sorry we just killed your people and country, it was an unforeseen accident and could not be helped, we all need a pay rise now, because of such stress and inconvenience. Will there be punishment and retribution for the masters who created this, I doubt it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join