It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taste of Infinity, A Personal Journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Personally, I have had a major experience in trans-dimensional existence, aided by one of the most prophetic substances known to man. More importantly, ancient man. The Mayans used Salvia Divinorum to perceive infinity. It was a truly revalatory experience. I was ejected from the physical world to inhabit and fully occupy a void without limits. It was only becoming aware that I was aware did my senses "reboot" to an intelligence and understanding way greater than could be possible in a mortal mind. I had the sensation of being connected to all that exists and then realizing there is no "I". Reality exists so the awareness that is the collective consciousness of the universe can experience infinite possibilities in which life can be lived. Embracing that reality is not reality at all, time does not exist, and that we only exist in this world is because we willed ourselves into being.

After this had been understood, I became interested in the life I left behind. The instant the thought entered my head, I was peering into a portrait of my life. It played out like a cinema, with the exception of time no longer taking account. The story was still linear, but I perceived it at once. I relived my life from inception of consciousness to the final throes of death. I felt the light at the end of the tunnel only to realize it was me emerging from the womb. To relive my life, and each and every life. It was upon this rebirth that I was thrown back into the awareness I'm currently experiencing. Every moment of my life up to that point hit me with full force. Every ache, every pain. Every regret and sorrow. Every joy, and every triumph. The thing is, you don't realize how much living in the physical world hurts because you become so accustomed to it. I felt like a child. I could feel every atom of air and substance pressing down on me. Gravity, easily forgotten returned like an unholy burden. My skin crawled, itched and burned.

It was only after this "trip" did I discover Buddhism.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7034560b4cd9.png[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by MyPathManifests because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MyPathManifests

I, too have had that experience;

Tell me, why did you choose to pursue Buddhism as opposed to exploring the many facets of entheogenic spirituality?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Because for this life, the point is peace. And I don't limit myself to one core belief, I accept all higher learning and spirituality that comes my way. But it was Buddhism that helped me reach that level of understanding.

How was your experience? What did you encounter?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

But using salvia would not be part of a Buddhist curriculum?

I'm asking why an experience with a plant made you submit to the doctrine of a faith that forbids the use of a plant..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

with your new found insight, have you noticed an ability to understand different texts, perhaps in the light they were meant to be seen? after my experience i found myself re-reading much of what i had read before in my life and redefining my understanding of the authors and their experiences as well. many people, you will find, have their own "flavor" of infinity, if you will excuse my pun. i recommend trying the many different flavors that have been created throughout history. some are bitter, but as you said, "life is painful," but without that pain some things we cannot understand or appreciate.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I guess because it was just another stepping stone to enlightenment. And besides, i encounter spiritual experiences almost daily without the use of any chemicals other than dmt and cannaboids thrown in there every now and then.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I too have had this experience with Salvia.

The feeling was "connection" I connected with the entire world, and realized my life was just a byproduct of the universe, like a footprint.

As the universe takes another step, my life will be gone and many more will become anew.

I was initially scared because I had no control over the universe, I was connected, but without control it felt like all I was doing was hitching a ride.

I plan to go back there again and find out more about it, I have 2 more doses left. =)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What was your dosage? I did 300x using a dual chamber with the jet torch. i went in deep,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyPathManifests
What was your dosage? I did 300x using a dual chamber with the jet torch. i went in deep,

You folks keep talking this way, this thread will disappear, pronto!
Let's keep it cerebral and teach and learn.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Salvia is still legal in many places.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Salvia never did anything for me. I did it a few years ago for recreational purposes instead of spiritual.

Since then I have had similar experiences to what you describe with meditation. We are interconnected, and have a large impact on each other. The real battle to make the world a better place is in yourself. Tame the mind. Deconstruct the personality. Accept all there is with unconditional love. That is the way I think we can begin to manifest a better world.
edit on 21-3-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i have been looking for a thread to comment about this..finally i found it.
i used salvia for the 2nd time a couple weeks ago, i literally felt as if "someone inside my head came to me, took me by the hand and showed me a whole other perception of reality i never seen before." i quote this becuse that is what to my friend who was also using it with me. ever since that happened ive been itching to use it again with a higher "X" since i only was using the 100X at the time. has anyone else experienced something like this? if so, will using a more potent plant make this experience better?

thanks

--tyson

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If we accept that life will lead to sufference which it does. Does this mean we should embrace sufference? and if so to what extent?

Is there more to be gained from a life thats full of suffering?

Ive read a little in to buddhist theology and at first i found its acknowlegement of life, leading to suffering refreshing as opposed to putting it down to some external factor that we have no control over. The problem i have with it is. You can spend your whole life trying to understand and deal with what makes us suffer. Is'nt doing this just waisting the life that you have?

I now see life as a test. A forrum for spiritual growth where there are no right or wrong answers. Just experiences and oppotunitys to grow in spirit. Theres a lot to be said for meditation and contemplation but i dont think its a pre-requesit of spiritual growth. Simply taking half an hour at the end of the day to unwind and think about what i'd done that day is enough for me.

Each to their own i suppose.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I tried Salvia for spiritual purposes I was not disappointed. The veil has always been extremely thin for me to begin with but salvia took me past the veil between the merging realities we exist in and threw me out completely out of all those realms into another reality in which I had no sense of individualism. There was no human, spirit... everything was one shifting ever moving body and each reality is a slice of it I was above even that.. it was indescribable to fully explain just what I experienced. There was a sound that filled my ears like many pages being flipped in a infinite shuffle. I know this may sound bizzare but that higher reality felt like the universe was a giant centipede.... thats not exactly what I mean but it is just the closest I can come to describing it. There was also this instant moment of recognition when I stepped out of this reality into the other... like a memory of who or what everything is.. so familiar.. like something I have always known but been forced to forget while here. The most important thing I can relate from this is that there is no such thing as death. It is an illusion. We are infinite. We are all.

new topics

top topics

join