It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am currently in WV (never say West VA, this is another state lol) I have not heard this mysterious rumbling, although we had a huge storm last night.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sorry this may have been answered already in someones post but Is it raining when these sounds are heard.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Mother Earth has a Bad case of gastro and is about to let one rip...

Well if she dose a Bottom-Burp and pops her seams..., any country along those seams is likely to feel it a lot..

Or it could just be wind the normal kind) and nothing more to worry about..

Either way, not too much anyone can do, so I say, just chill...lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

No doubt it is boring equipment. Boring gear has a certian frequency and speed it runs at dependant on what it is cutting through. If you on ledge I suspect the vibrations to be a pulsing humming sound. Very simmilar to the sound your hearing on the video. I bet if you look up tunnel boring noise you may hit pay dirt.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

Hey there, joeshamp

I live up in Maine, too. Specifically Bangor, which of course is the location of Bangor International Airport. Which, of course, used to be Dow Air Force Base and is still one of the largest runways on the East Coast, so you know it has to have some type of secret activity going on as far as the military is concerned. Ive often wondered what could be going on underneath there.... But I digress..

It hasn't happened in years, or at least I have not noticed it, but I can remember a handful of times that I have been startled awake at night or have been up and around in the middle of the night and heard incredibly loud noises coming from the airports direction. Though they always seem to be coming more specifically from the air. I chalked it up to engine testing and the like, but was always still disturbed by it, for some reason. Your explanation could help point in the right direction. Almost always it is just an overbearingly loud sound, like everyone else has described, with the power to shake or vibrate a house or bed. Other times I have heard it, it literally has sounded like a large plane flying overhead, yet just as it sounds as if it is about to fly away, as the sound is drowning out, it comes right back again. Just as loud.

Interesting subject we have here.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i live in maidstone, kent, england, there has been a low rumbling noise going on here for the past to weeks, it can be heard best in the darknes hours.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OK. I was gonna let this go, but I have now seen way too many other similar threads on this. I heard a god awful noise on Saturday afternoon. It was a rumbling along with a higher pitched wailing noise. Almost like a weird air raid siren sound. I live really close to railroad tracks. This was way louder than a normal train sound though. My dog started going crazy. I texted my wife at 1304 hours on Saturday about it MDT.

I have no recording of the sound.I was going to let it go myself completely, until I stepped outside and looked towards where the tracks are. There was no train. This is why I was gonna let it go. I have no proof of what I heard. Only the 2 text messages I sent my wife detailing what I heard. And my dog going
. It lasted for at least 5 minutes. It wasn't just a noise, but a rumbling like I was right beside the tracks as a train went by, but I'm actually a quarter mile from the tracks.

If I hadn't read several threads since last night about similar events, as well as heard/saw videos of similar sounds I wouldn't have even brought this up. My wife who is way less of a paranoid conspiracy theorist than I am is insisting the Earth is still tearing from the Japan quake. IDK what I think, but something isn't right. And the proof seems to be all over the Earth right now.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I already posted in the Florida thread, so I won't go on with details. I'm just posting for compilation efforts if anyone is compiling them. Very similar sound as the Florida video happened where I live in TN this past weekend, on Saturday 03/19. Didn't hear anything approach or leave, just the sound which sounded like a jet engine only louder, and like it was hovering directly overhead. Stayed for a few minutes, then just stopped. It was shaking the entire apartment building, and when I tried to look outside a lot of my neighbors(in another apartment building across from mine) were looking out there windows with looks of confusion and/or concern. So add TN to the list.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

What i can hear from my perspective as musician:

Pressure and Motion
Hot Gas
Contact with "corridors" (friction) [pipe like character sound]
Extreme Power
Growling, sorting out dens and less denser materials (morphing sound, like phase)

That sounds like the description of a drilling or boring machine! I think Rocky Black has the same idea (post)

edit on 21/3/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Diceman22

I would also like to note that it was perfect weather. A truly beautiful day outside. And I've never claimed to see any UFO's or have seen anything crazy, but this really did have me a little shaken up the rest of the day. Then I get on here today and see all of this. Yikes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
These reports are coming up everywhere: San Diego, LA, West VA, Florida, New York/New Jersey, Canada, UK,,,the latest video with the sound is from the Ohio River:

www.youtube.com...=52

Debunkers, you've got to really do better on this one if you plan to pull this into the world of the mundane. It is simply not a weather event or anything ordinary. It is causing the ground to shake for as long as the sound is happening.

Anyone's opinion welcome...including debunkers...

The noise from this video sounds like a ground water pumper. They r laying a natural gas line in our area, a large one at that and for months we hear that sound off and on. there r lots of lakes around us and whenever they tap into underground water while digging, they start a machine that sound just like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

A turbine is exactly how I described the higher pitched noise I heard to my wife. Like a jet or train turbine.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The Ohio one is as creepy as the one in Florida. I'd bet everything on it being underground tunneling of some sort.

That thought alone is just plain creepy since these sounds are being heard all over the world. So, what the he'll are we not being told, and why? Either that, or its a means of contact from our space brothers....

u might be right...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

It was just weird because I was shaving, and I thought, "Man, I didn't hear that plane coming at all." And then, it just sounded like it was right overhead, and it got LOUD. Loud enough to shake the whole building. I'm not one to be easily startled, but I was thinking something was about to drop on us or something. But the sound left almost instantly. It wasn't like a jet where you can hear it flying away.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm sure theres another thread around here concerning this but my dogs personality has changed drastically over the last month. I'm not sure if she senses something or she feels something is amiss. She's a puppy and acts just like one. Happy, rambunctious, full of energy, cooooonstantly wanting to play. Starting 3-4 wks ago her behavior has flipped. She's too, too clingy. She his under her blanket, she 'mopes' and even cries real tears. She shakes and acts fearful started to bark like crazy which she's never ever done. She's healthy, up to date on her shots. She gets a ton of attention and exercise as I have younger kids. Nothing in our environment has changed as I'm a creature of habit. It's sad and it worries me. Somethings going on, not sure what but some change is occurring.

Btw, I live in PA, about 3 hrs from Ohio.
edit on 3/21/11 by Demetre because: Added btw...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Good catch these sounds remind me of the Kitty Hawk doing 30+ knots. The one you posted sounds like the screws, of course these sounds aren't that but it sounds really similar, it sounds like immense power.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I live in the midwest and the only time i've heard anything like that it was powerlines,not saying thats what this is, but powerlines and transformers can buzz pretty loud in a rainstorm, I dont think that loud though and I for sure have never actually felt buzzing powerlines through the air or ground but they can get loud enough to make you uncomfortable But I dont think this is powerlines, airplanes,helicopters so this is very interesting stuff, Maybe a Mother ship above the clouds we can't see but feel and hear? imagine what you'd hear of feel if a giant Mothership 1 mile long was floating above you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What time of day did you hear your sound? It was just after 1 PM for me, or 3 PM EDT on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Boring equipment, then why is this being heard in different parts of the world, I dont think its boring equipment

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am located in Northern California and have been paying attention to this phenomena. I ask my friends all the time if they have heard it but I just think that they are ignorant because they are still unaware of many of the things that are going on in the world. Anyways, at least once a week I hear a noise similar to the one in the source videos. It sounds like a high powered jet engine but it lasts much too long, sometimes 5 mins or longer. Also there is no apparent doppler effect leading me to believe that it originates from one source and does not change direction or location. I live in an area of high air traffic (~30 miles from Sac Int'l Airport, ~45 miles Beale Air Force Base), but it still does not explain it. I see and hear military aircraft, helicopters, and commercial jets all the time and let me tell you it is not the source. Also, I tend to run outside quickly when it occurs and it appears to be highly vibrational; I can feel the effects in my body and in the air.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join