It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

About 3 days ago [16th 17th] my daughter and I were watching TV around 7:30 pm and heard 2 loud, deep booms, roughly 20 seconds apart. It had the rumbling quality of thunder, like when lightning hits close by, but was as much vibration as sound. Never thought till now to connect it with the sounds being heard all over. Won't say what town, but I live in Clark Co. Illinois.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mystery 'Loud Booms' Felt, Heard Over the Midlands
9:23 PM, Feb 20, 2013 | 40 comments

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - News19 has gotten multiple reports of loud booms in several Midlands neighborhoods.

The reports began coming in around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.

www.wltx.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Strange sound January 15th 2013 Scary!!!

Published on Jan 15, 2013
Scariest sound I ever heard in the forest

edit on 23-2-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: link edit

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

Wow, ya, that was scary. Is there any way to debunk that? If that was real I'm spooked.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Intermittent rumbles here in West Tampa by Oldsmar in FL. It sounds like a plane or truck passing and would get loud and then quiet all of a sudden. It lasts about 3-5 min per episode, stays quiet for about 5-10 minutes then resumes, sometimes real loud - coming from the west. This has been going on for the past 40 minutes or so. I've been reading about it but now I finally hear it!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurbGirl378

This one sounds fake, the others don't. This one just sounded kind of like it was drain pipes in the basement or something. Sounded indoors though.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Strange sound January 15th 2013 Scary!!!

Published on Jan 15, 2013
Scariest sound I ever heard in the forest

edit on 23-2-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: link edit

I would be pretty creeped out, but it sounds like an animal calling and it is echoing, which is why it is loud. They are in the dead quiet middle of the forest, so it's plausible.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by BurbGirl378

Did the water main breaks result in sinkholes?

No sinkholes here, but look at what happened in Florida today!
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
March 02, 2013
St. Paul's most recent sinkhole opened Friday night on Raymond Avenue, in the block north of Hampden Park Co-op.
www.tcdailyplanet.net...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kitkatcat

I would love to help but I live less than 3 miles from the airport. The F-16's use it sometimes too so anything short of a train (tracks are less than 200 yards from my door) through my house would be ordinary. I'm interested though since the noises are so common around here, maybe I'm missing something. /flagged

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

reply to post by truthermantwo

I found this today...
Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Type of low-frequency Tinnitus with Meniere's?
02-01-2004, 01:34 PM
"The disease is usually self-limited and remits with time; reassurance is often sufficient"
www.healthboards.com...

I must be idiopathic.

edit on 20-2-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: format

edit on 20-2-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: link edit

Tonight is the loudest the Hummm has ever been. This is definitely NOT tinitus in my ears, because the electrical fixtures on the wall are rattling and I can feel the vibration in the floor under my feet. It's so annoooooyyyyyying, and makes me feel uneasy about what Spring will bring after all of this snow melts. 10" of snow in the last 24 hours here. 45 days until full melt down. oy The humm was actually gone for a little while early in the day. Since the sun went down it has grown progressively worse. There now, the electrical rattling has stopped. But the intensity remains. This has been going on since the Fall of 2010, with very little relief, and I'm getting so tired of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That was straight up creepy. This is one of the creepiest ones I've heard yet. Great find. When was this video recorded? Also, True, do you have an opinion on what these strange sounds are or where they are coming from?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Yes, I think they are being over amplified by an increase in air density due to pollutants, and possibly higher concentrations of gases in the atmosphere. Knowing a bit about sound wave propagation through various materials cause I'm an audio guy, I suspect the increase in density causes sound waves to travel farther and faster than they normally would. I have a thread floating around here somewhere on it. The actual source could have always been there, but not have been amplified to an audible degree until recently, when the density factor reached a certain threshold.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I always figured these noises also had something to do with the gases, just wasn't sure how. The noise reports started up in 2011, just as so many other strange things were increasing in frequency and intensity (like super storms, quakes, diseases, animal die-offs, sonic booms, sinkholes, etc.) Your explanation here makes a lot of sense, the best yet. Thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Glad to see that i'm not the only one hearing these noises. I am in south jersey and what i'm hearing is a very low frequency, throbbing rumble. It is very far away but still distinct. And it happens all day; not just at night. It is quieter at night so the noises are easier to hear (obviously), but when its quiet enough i hear it during the day as well. The noise i'm hearing sometimes almost sounds like it is a morse code; with long and short throbs. That could be my imagination. What is it? i dont know. Just wondering if anyone else had that morse code message idea. I never wanted to talk to any friends/family about it. Glad some people here are.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join