It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi,

This is my first post here. Was browsing looking for information as to the cause of this humming noise we've been forced to listen to recently. Rather surprized to find out it's a global thing! These are my notes for now:

Like an engine of a large truck idling away ... except there's not a truck in sight. Humming with a pulse. Low vibs, whirling humming sound with a pulse to the strength of volume created. We hear it plainly inside, not washing machines of neighbours, long list we've gone over, it's not. We open the windows, it's heard outside too! So source is not in the building, just vibrating through it. People blocks away also hear it and also don't know the source.

All night long on 22 of Dec, on and off on the night of 23 of Dec. Back on before sunrise and still humming away as I type this.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hannah27,, what you discribe is the very same thing i am hearing in Iowa, inside as well as outside, i have no neighbors as i live in the country ,, it is a mystery

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just heard something strange.Icant place it. This didnt pulse it reverberated and it was outside. It was the strangest thing Ive ever heard.it had an echo effect like a mouth harp kind of but was extremely loud reverberating through my whole house but the source was outside then it went away, Im a little freaked right now .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay
I just heard something strange.Icant place it. This didnt pulse it reverberated and it was outside. It was the strangest thing Ive ever heard.it had an echo effect like a mouth harp kind of but was extremely loud reverberating through my whole house but the source was outside then it went away, Im a little freaked right now .

It's a sound caused by acoustic gravity waves. the sound you described is simialr what my voices use so they can talk to me indoors or out. can you better articultate the sound with descriptive words so i can get a better idea of what it sounded like. Pop, low boom, resonating tone? or combination?
edit on 27-12-2012 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

It's a sound caused by acoustic gravity waves. the sound you described is simialr what my voices use so they can talk to me indoors or out. can you better articultate the sound with descriptive words so i can get a better idea of what it sounded like. Pop, low boom, resonating tone? or combination?

Wait, which voices? What do they say?
edit on 27-12-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

It is really hard to describe. You know how a coil resonates if you ping it. Kind of like a reverberating loud pinged metal coil. It sounded otherworldly for lack of a better word.Ive never heard anything like it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It is really hard to describe. You know how a coil resonates if you ping it. Kind of like a reverberating loud pinged metal coil. It sounded otherworldly for lack of a better word.Ive never heard anything like it.

Just a few hours ago, I heard this deafening rumbling. It scared me, since we had that little quake within walking distance from my house a few months ago. Actually same woods as mine. I remembered the same sound. But this time, it was much louder and felt more air related then ground?? This is in south jersey btw. Wasn't sure if you lived somewhat nearby?? Ever time I hear these rumblings now, I worry we will have another quake. I don't know how people on the west coast could ever get used to these quakes...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Thats not what I heard but have you ever heard the sound barrier being broken? In the past 3 years Ive heard it at least 2 times.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

Originally posted by truthermantwo

Wait, which voices? What do they say?
edit on 27-12-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

in this video i hear my name being called out at around .10 sec mark, you can tell theres something other than the original grinding sound going on, almost a speech pattern over loudspeaker so distorted. well ill tell you that the sound of this was different for me months ago, as if the type of sound they use can be manipulated or something, or doesn't stay the same for some reason. my name has a 1 2 3 4 tempo to it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That was nothing like what I heard. No offense but that kind of sounded like a generator.This sound had no rumbling to it and it was short lived.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hannah27

Yes, Hanna, a lot of people are hearing 'The Hum' but there has been no publicly accepted explanation yet.
Ignore the sarcastic idiots who post about 'voices' on this thread.

NASA sent probes up to investigate:
www.youtube.com...

It is really freaky when it comes close. I have been hearing this 'Hum' since the fall of 2010. It varies in intensity, and sometimes goes away for a short time but always comes back. Other sounds seems to become trapped by it and echo within it as if it is a 'sound dome' and It magnifies the sound of trucks and airplanes. I initially thought it was a car running nearby, but it would have run out of gas by now! I know it's not tinitus in my ear, because I can feel the vibration from this 'Hum' in the floor of my house. Sometimes when this 'Hum' is really intense there is also a high pitched noise like birds chirping or rodents fighting that accompanies it. There seems to be low dark clouds when it is at its worst, but it is still 'humming' on bright clear sunny days.

I keep hoping it will go away, but it doesn't. Something has changed in Earth's atmosphere. Don't know if it's Radiation or Gases or Climate Change or just plain to much noise pollution, but it's very annoying.

Seattle Washington:
www.youtube.com...

West Seattle Blog editor Tracy Record
westseattleblog.com...

The Hum: An Anomalous Sound Heard Around the World
www.scientificexploration.org...

HAARP ?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-12-2012 by BurbGirl378 because: Additional Information

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Im sure someone already posted this idea but just in case they havent ,I had a few thoughts about possible sources: a generator or power station underground that fuels the tunnels with light or whatever they need power for,a tunnel boring machine, the earth having indigestion from what the human race has forced down her stomach and or something we possibly cant even imagine. It also could be mining related. I understand that we are horizontal drilling 18 miles down! What is concerning is that its happenning worldwide. What is being hidden from us and why?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurbGirl378

Ignore the sarcastic idiots who post about 'voices' on this thread.

i can be sarcastic but not about this subject, my voices are the key to understanding this

It is really freaky when it comes close. I have been hearing this 'Hum' since the fall of 2010. It varies in intensity, and sometimes goes away for a short time but always comes back. Other sounds seems to become trapped by it and echo within it as if it is a 'sound dome' and It magnifies the sound of trucks and airplanes. I initially thought it was a car running nearby, but it would have run out of gas by now! I know it's not tinitus in my ear, because I can feel the vibration from this 'Hum' in the floor of my house. Sometimes when this 'Hum' is really intense there is also a high pitched noise like birds chirping or rodents fighting that accompanies it. There seems to be low dark clouds when it is at its worst, but it is still 'humming' on bright clear sunny days.

Gee this sounds exactly how my voices sounded the first several months of hearing them, cars would pass through the sound and affect the sound wave, making it sound more wavey. I go outside, birds sound like there responding to my voices, so do dogs. Im just saying there's alot of correlations between these booms and sounds and my voices.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Chardonnay, if you read back into the pages on this thread you will find some interesting theories. Oort Clouds, Solar magnetism, and I posted a few theoretical questions myself; like the fact that we keep pumping oil and water up creating an underground void so things are collapsing under the surface to fill the empty space. I heard a talk radio discussion about a theory that our atmosphere is collapsing and the Gov't is using HAARP to try to prop it back up. Wind Turbines? The thing is not everyone can hear this Hum.

seektress.com...
Here is a link with a map of Strange Sounds that is being compiled. These sounds are different from the Hum, but just as mystifying. They seemed to have started right about the time I started hearing the Hum. So far no one has been hurt. Until there are actual injuries or casualties I'm sure information will be on a 'Need To Know' basis.

The Hum is annoying, and can be sickening. Low level noise in that spectrum can cause physical symptoms:
www.scotland.gov.uk...
4 Possible Effects
4.1 As with any noise, reported effects include annoyance, stress, irritation, unease,
fatigue, headache, possible nausea and disturbed sleep.

Good Luck with section 6.1 >>>

6 Investigation procedure
6.1 The general investigating procedure, as with any noise investigation procedure,
should be to listen for the noise, measure the noise, assess the noise, locate the
source and where necessary take action to resolve the problem.

SO FAR NO ONE HAS CLAIMED TO KNOW THE SOURCE
edit on 1-1-2013 by BurbGirl378 because: Edit

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I apologize Truthermantwo, it's just that I have never experienced 'voices' other than my own thoughts. So I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm glad you find the Hum to be an interesting addition to your environment.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Beautiful >>>
NASA recording of the sound of plasma waves in Earth's Van Allen radiation belts.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

I appreciate the link and will study this in my spare time but what I hear is high frequency which started about 2 years ago. Which is not connected to the other night. But I have been trying to pinpoint the source. I also have a report prepared for NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE CENTER,GODDARD SPACE FLIGHT CENTER(NASA) by Dr Jeremy K Raines P.E.. Electromagnetic and Communnications Engineer entitled "ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD INTERACTIONS WITH THE HUMAN BODY: OBSERVED EFFECTS AND THEORIES dated April 9 1981 . NASA Purchase Order S-75151B and at the bottom it is written by hand saying ----- N81-25668H with a slash through the H almost making it look like a # symbol but not quite . The report is disturbing in many ways and the results are from many different countries having different standards as to the frequencies people can be subjected to without causing harm. There are many variables as to frequency, duration of exposure, intensity strength. the distance from the source. how many test subjects and location of test subjects in this study but there is cause for concern that our health is being affected detrimentally

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Thanks for the name of that very interesting paper from NASA. Here is a link to a PDF so that others can read it.

The section titled Adverse, Benign, and Curious Effects is quite interesting. It even makes the claim that EMFs can cause vFib (lethal cardiac dysrhythmia) and SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).

Good reads.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Thankyou for makingthe report available.I dont know how to post a link yet. But Ive been researching this noise syndrome and I found the report alarming along with a few other unwholesome ideas.An example of which is : a fire alarm went off in my home and my friend looked at me when I didnt react.I was waiting to see if she heard it as well. It is unnerving and a horrible feeling to hear these tones when most others cant(although I have met a few)

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join