It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

I don't know what the exact date was, but it was either late November (like the last few days) or very early in december in the evening. I didn't hear the second one you're talking about though, but I sleep in the basement so there's probably a lot of things I don't hear. But yea! It sounded exactly like a jet or a very strong wind, except with no wind. Very strange!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
These noises have been going on for many years.

Here is a list of the reports.

Skyquakes.

www.shadowresearch.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I don't think they were skyquakes. There have been other strange things which I have observed in Ottawa over the last few months even. This was definetly not a skyquake. Thanks for the info though, I will look into your link a little more

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp
I live on the mid-coast in Maine and have heard the same noises. i live next to a small airport so at first i didnt think much about it but then i noticed the sound was different then most of the jets coming and going, and i saw nothing in the sky. There was a thread on ats last year about somthing similar to this...(cant find it right now, ) the guy said it almost sounded like a big rig in the sky. Anyway one person on that thread gave the excuse of VLF/ELF waves.

"Natural sources of electromagnetic perceptionFor centuries, humans have reported hearing unexplained noises in conjunction with meteors including "thunder-like sounds" at the scene of the Tunguska event on June 30, 1908. Astronomer Edmund Halley collected several such accounts after a widely-observed meteor burned up in the sky over England[4]. The Leonids meteor shower in November 2001 also led to many reports of observers hearing crackling or fizzing noises.[5] Similar observations have been reported by soldiers near the site of nuclear explosions.

Colin Keay, a physicist at the University of Newcastle in Australia, has advanced a hypothesis that purports to explain these phenomena. According to Keay's theory, meteor trails give off very low frequency (VLF) radio signals that the human ear cannot sense directly but are heard because a transducer on the ground must be converting the radio waves into sound waves. He has produced experiments that demonstrate that materials as commonplace as aluminum foil, thin wires, pine needles, and wire-framed glasses can act as suitable transducers.

Powerful VLF waves can induce physical vibrations in these objects, which are transmitted to the air as sound waves. Keay defines the field of geophysical electrophonics as "the production of audible noises of various kinds through direct conversion by transduction of very low frequency electromagnetic energy generated by a number of geophysical phenomena."[6] Some scientists state that electrophonic effects may also be caused by lightning strikes, very bright auroras[1], and earthquakes.[citation needed]

Electroreception has also been studied in the animal world. Ritz et al., in Biophysical Journal,[7] hypothesize that transduction of the Earth's geomagnetic field is responsible for the magnetoreception systems of birds. Specifically, they propose that this transduction may take place in a class of photoreceptors known as cryptochromes."

en.wikipedia.org...

This should help explain it better....I dont think that this is a very good reasoning for it but its a start.
edit on 21-3-2011 by joeshsamp because: needed qoutes

great info and perhaps that would explain a lot for me, but the fact that they last for many hours in some cases, discredits that theory for what this thread and other is about.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The rumbling you are hearing in the New Jersey area now is because of an incident.

Go to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission website and read the Event Reports. Something happened at the Indian Point nuclear reactor and they went from 100% power production to an Emergency almost stop. They are venting Ionized Radiation and "HAARP" is being used to steer it away.

Hence why you have been seeing the Radiation Network website showing radiation levels coming back down.

I just wonder if Iran or Russia was behind the 'incident', requiring an Emergency stop of a nuclear reactor.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Bold claims; ANY proof whatsoever? Especially the part about HAARP steering the radiation away? LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Haven't read all the pages yet, but wanted to share what happened in Kiev, Ukraine... August 11, 2011.

I've heard fireworks and the classic steel warble sound (which I think is an good?/bad? angel flapping his wings) around Poughkeepsie, NY in June last year, along with some what can be best described as white rays of light that flashed in the sky when the firework type sounds were occurring. It only lasted 30 seconds or so. My daughter was at the CVS about 1/2 of a mile away, and said that she heard it as well.

But if you think you heard sounds.... wow!
Check this out:

p.s. There is another video out there for another Ukrainian city- Lviv, but if you listen, you can tell that is a fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I could not find this posted, but I admit to having trouble keeping current with all of these "sound threads".

This is an article from yesterday, describing the earth shaking and loud sound experienced in Northumberland, UK, where the police were inundated with calls. The RAF admitted to flying a scheduled supersonic sortie at the time, but they were more than 10 miles offshore. The RAF spokesperson couldn't explain why the sound travelled so far. Source

Just thought this may help explain some of the weird sounds people are experiencing.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sometimes it's not what's said that is interesting, but what is Not said.

So, this is what I'm wondering.... In the accounts when the sky is clear and nothing is seen... that's one thing. But when the rumbling is there and there are clouds, except for one instance in Canada, I haven't read anything about planes or heli's going up to take a look around. I find that strange, especially since it seems that it happens close to airports, even military bases many times. Where there is megawatts worth of sound, there has to be a sounder, right? Of course it could be like the case of 'the mouse that roared'.
(not that I read the book, but from the title, can imagine what the story line may be like).

Originally posted by MarkJS
................ I've heard fireworks and the classic steel warble sound (which I think is an good?/bad? angel flapping his wings)

Oh and why I'm thinking that it may be an angel's wings... is because the warble - as far as I have been reading - is always twice in sucession: 1. Open wings 2. Close wings. Something to think about.
edit on 14/1/2012 by MarkJS because: added quote and last para.

edit on 14/1/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
It's a free-energy mechanical device, using what experts refer to as Quantum Mechanics refer to how the universe operates as "Quantum Foam", Every cubic centimetre of "empty" space is seeing energy, so much in fact, that if it were converted using Einsteins's famous equation E = mC2 (that is Energy = Mass x a very big number), then it would produce as much matter as can be seen by the most powerful telescope. There is actually nothing "empty" about space. so why can't we see anything there? Well, you can't actually see energy. All right then, why can't you measure this energy, and secondly, the energy is changing direction incredibly rapidly, billions and billions and billions of times each second.

There is so much energy there, that particles of matter just pop into existence and then pop back out again. Half of these particles have a positive charge and half of them have a negative charge, and as they are evenly spread out in three-dimensional space, the overall average voltage is zero. So, if the voltage is zero, what use is that as a source of energy? The answer to that is "none" if you leave it in it's natural state. However, it is possible to change the random nature of this energy and convert it into a source of unlimited, everlasting power which can be used for all of the things we use mains electricity for today - powering motors, lights, heaters, fans, pumps, .... you name it, the power is there for the taking.

The science taught in schools, colleges and universities at this time, is well out of date and in serious need of being brought up to date. This has not happened for some time now as people who make massive financial profits have made it their business to prevent any significant advance for many years now. However, the internet and free sharing of information through it, is making things very difficult for them. What is it that they don't want you to know? Well, how about the fact that you don't have to burn a fuel to get power? Shocking, isn't it!! Does it sound a bit mad to you? Well, start doing some thinking on your own, how far down the rabbit hole do you choose to go to find suppressed truth?

For example, Shell BP which is a typical oil company, makes about US $3,000,000 profit per hour, every hour of every day of every year, and there are dozens of oil companies. The government makes even more than that out of the operation, with 85% of the sale price of oil in the UK being government tax. No matter what they say, (and they both do like to talk "green" in order to gain popularity), neither would ever for a single moment, consider allowing the introduction of fuel-less power devices, and they have the financial muscle to oppose this new technology at every possible level.

edit on 15-5-2011 by DClairvoyant because: spelling.

Ohhh.. I get it. That is, IMHO, a likely source of propulsion energy for ET UFOs. I'm up to page 59, where you posted the above... So, sorry if I missed it.. but do you have any source links for this? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
hi, am writing from borneo, this is the audio of the sound recorded and its similar to what alot is talking about here, but its a first time occurence in our region and locals are baffled. kindly see recording of the audio below.
www.youtube.com... the audio successfully recorded by the locals.

www.theborneopost.com... the incident reported by a local daily here in borneo.

need some opinions.

thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Every time I have heard that very eerie noise it seems to be coming from the southern direction of the sky. I found that strange until I found out that their beams are multi-directional. The last time I heard it was 2-3 months ago.

Has anyone drawn a conclusion that the noise is possibly the sound of the Earth's atmosphere escaping out into the ether when HAARP is active? I have been processing that eerie sound to match something since I have first heard it and that is my best logical guess.

When HARRP heats up the atmosphere and it is pushed out the air goes with it. You would not be able to hear it in space naturally due to no atmosphere with air molecules to vibrate through. You would only be able to hear it from any fixed place on the earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Guardian Newspaper reporter witnesses rumbling sound yesterday.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i live in northeast u.k on the 12th January 2012 our whole town heard i loud rumbling noise in the sky and the buildings and ground was shaking for about 30 seconds. the media are telling us it was a sonic boom but just about everyone in the town believes it was something more than just a sonic boom

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

There's been silent rumbling near the thumb of Michigan. It only happens at night when there's clouds. As soon as the sun rises, it stops.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
These noises have been going on for many years.

Here is a list of the reports.

Skyquakes.

www.shadowresearch.com...

That's interesting but in my sixty two years I never heard one until a few months ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
HERE'S SOMETHING YOU ALL MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN!!
I was sitting in the car having a cigarette when this came to mind: youtu.be...

Go to 1:40 in this video and tell me this isn't the SAME #ING SOUND!
When this happened a report was made that in the Pacific Ocean in 1997 when this was heard, that in the same time a ball of light was seen coming up from the ocean, and shooting into the sky....many believed this was Cthulhu....also some believe this was extraterrestrial....and NOW, this sound is heard coming from the SKY!

The #ing creepier part? A lot of people reported this sound caught in 2012 made the ground rumble.....but seismologist have been studying the occurrence and NO FORM OF DISTURBANCE IN THE EARTHS MOVEMENT WAS DETECTED!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
All those on the "fake" and "Hoax" bandwagon like me, please join me in an online hunt for the separate sound file that so many of these fakers are using.

Its the same metallic twisting droning sound as mostly heard in the video from Kiev.

If these really are fake as I believe them to be the sound file must be available somewhere download and use.

I have already heard it in at least 5 videos and even a video of a fake flying saucer in China with the exact same droning sound.... from September 2010!

Help me find the sound file!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have lived in Minnesota in the same general location all my life and have never heard these noises..But 4 nights ago i was walking a friend out to his car it was about midnight the sky was clear lots of stars out we both got half way to his car and looked at each other in the distance we heard the same rumbling noise many are reporting..It wasn't lighting or thunder ..It seemed to be coming from the sky from the east..I have no videos just my word for it ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Hi
I think some of it is fake and some of it is just people freaking out. Whether there is an 'other worldly' cause has yet to be seen. We've already had several proven fakes and other sounds with mundane explanations such as sonic boom. Also people are lumping together quite different sounds. There's a world of difference between the rumbling (which has been reported for years) and those metallic harmonic sounds. Btw the latter remnds me of 'War of the World' sequences. Has anyone looked at this?
Frankly I'll believe it when I hear it myself or when there is a recording backed by multiple witnesses and media coverage.
ps some low level rumbling can be caused by planes which are not always visible. It's amazing how long that sound can go on for, especially if there is more than one plane.
edit on 18-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join