It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
my guess is that the rumbling sound is the so called_ shuman resonance_

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Wow I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when I heard the Ohio sound..

www.youtube.com...

Skip to 4.33 to hear it.

edit on 21-3-2011 by MrKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
that is so strange honestly i dont even know what to say about that. the only thing that comes to mind is that it could be weather related, it definetly sounds like thunder and thunder would be able to make the ground seem to vibrate, but for 45 mins? or really any extended period of time. it just doesnt make sense!
great thread though flag and a star

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok, after reading this thread I had to start putting these places on a map to see if a pattern would show and it does. With most of the reports, you could almost draw a line strait through them!! Like a path of something flying??? Check it out! I posted a screen shot of it here. Thoughts????

oops double post i think
edit on 21-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Can someone with an infra red and/or night camera see if they can spot something when they hear this sound?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I haven't heard it where i live but if i did i would certainly break out the night vision...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I live @ 200 miles south of Dallas, TX and heard that same rumble yesterday around 8:30 pm. I live out in a remote farm area not close to a highway and it was very noticeable. It lasted about 5 minutes or so. It sounded exactly like the others that I've listened to on the links in this thread. Skies were clear. Almost a rumbling grinding sound with a pattern. Never heard anything like that before and it was so wierd that I immediately took note of the ground and if it was shaking, but it wasn't. Strange.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but is it possible that these sounds are some sort of harmonic release from the earth?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So far it seems the National Weather Service has issued a special weather statement only to the one pertaining to Tallahassee. This [url=http://www.weather.gov/view/validProds.php?prod=SPS] shows all the current special weather statements for the US right now. I checked a few of the thread mentioned areas, such as San Diego, Chicago, and Philiadelphia, but could find nothing related to ducting or rumbling sounds. Does anyone know if any other special weather statements related to this have been issued? Why would they issue one for one place, but not the others?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Can someone with an infra red and/or night camera see if they can spot something when they hear this sound?

Although any craft must have been very far away from where I was when I heard/felt it because I think it was some small or distant eq, any excuse to go out skywatching with my night vision is good enough for me!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Wow I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when I heard the Ohio sound..

www.youtube.com...

Skip to 4.33 to hear it.

Oh well that just really gave me the creeps

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Wow those locations look like they line up along the New Madrid fault line!

Here's a map of seismic activity taken from discl0sur3's thread. He also has a map of recent 'die offs', many of which appear to be in that region.

Could the rumblings be caused by activity on the New Madrid fault line?

edit on 21/3/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I posted this in the Florida thread so maybe it would be relevant here. Link

I believe the whole planet was affected by the Quake in Japan in one way or another.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
ok, as I am writing this it has just stopped, now I can hear something a bit different. wawawa type of noise, similar to when a boomerang is thrown.

Maybe it's a huge DUBSTEP concert out in the distance...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
hello all, I am from Windsor, Ontario Canada. Windsor is directly across the river from Detroit. I heard that sound last night around 9pm or so. I am the general manager of a restaurant here and was in to do my closing duties when I stepped outside for a smoke. There was a thunder storm in progress, but this sound was different. After a thunder peel, I heard this low pitched rumbling sound which reminded me of a really loud car sub woofer, but there was no car around me at the time doing that. The sound just kept going on and the ground was rumbling( we live on a minor fault line) The storm continued but I could identify two layers of sound, the thunder which did not rumble the ground and the low hrtz rumbling. I made one of my bar tenders come out and he heard it too. It went on for a good twenty minutes then I went in, quite puzzled.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

um.

That video is over a year old.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Your information is interesting. I don't know if anyone else has read your post or the info
I actually seem to recall seeing this same information a while back. I don't have alot of time right now, but I will go thru the search function and see if I can find it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i know ive never really said anything on here but i live in Indiana i was woken up this morning by what im guessing was this noise it was very loud and did sound like a jet but i looked out my window for a few minutes and saw nothing not even a jet stream and its a clear day so i would clearly be abe to see one if there was one

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

This being my first post i may mar it up.....Myrtle Beach here. (rather outside Myrtle proper) I have been off balance and wondering if the ground is shaking or it's my imagination for the last few days. To the point I have literally gone outside several times a day and night to check. Nothing conclusive though. Also there is a low hum going on. (One of those is it or isn't it types) Not nearly as pronounced as the videos posted, like background noise you suddenly notice and try to identify. I had been wondering what was up. Now I don't feel like I am just going nuts. Also we do live near an airport so I assumed when it was cloudy and we heard weird stuff the planes were just coming in low, maybe not. This does seem to follow a path and lessen farther out from that path, from what I can gather by looking at the posts and maps. My family are all back in Eastern Tennessee, will check with them to find any reports I can and repost.
I have been very near a tornado before, that's the feeling here for days now. Barometric pressure suddenly dropping. Irritating at the very least!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
NW Ohio here.

The girlfriend and I heard a very loud, very low rumbling last night, there were 3 short sets of the rumbling, about a minute or two each. They sounded identical to one another as well. We're nowhere near a military base that does anything noisy, it was 1am or so (I was in bed, and couldn't see the clock well without my glasses), and didn't sound like thunder. ...well, the usual thunder.

She actually ran into the bedroom and asked if I heard it, after she loaded up the weather station and checked the news, both turned up empty. It woke me out of my sleep, and I'm in the center of my apartment/home when I'm in the bedroom, so usually the outside is drowned out.

It may have been the precursor to a storm because it rained in our area later, but it seriously sounded far too loud and forceful to be typical.

Just my pointless observation.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join