It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The BBC news website has also picked up 'the hum':
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
disclaimer - skipped the past 30 or so pages, and also I'm a first time poster.

I've been a long time reader of the ATS forums but wanted to register so I could report this sound. I live in Western Washington state in the south sound area, and heard this sound for roughly 10 minutes ish. My sister told me about this sound last week, but I didn't hear it, and brushed it off as something aviation related. I've been involved in aviation for 11 years and usually laugh at these types of reports, knowing most people don't know any better when it comes to different sounds in the sky.

This was a very unique sound indeed. It wasn't as loud as the sound in the video, in fact it was pretty quiet. It must have started up at about 10:50 PM or so. I can't tell you when this sound started exactly, because I live right near the OLM navaid for aircraft flying STARs usually 20k+ feet overhead, and there are always these low rumbles that slowly fade in and fade out over the course of 25-30 seconds or so, and I never think anything of it. I must have ignored the sound thinking it was nothing special, and went back to internet surfing. Suddenly I was startled after a while, realizing that I was still hearing this sound, and it wasn't changing.

The sound was, in my opinion, very abnormal and didn't behave the way a sound like that should.

-It had NO doppler effect.
-It came from no distinct direction. I couldn't tell you if this sound was above me, or below me. This leads me to believe it was below me, because living in an earthquake prone area, I can tell you that earthquakes have this effect as well. Logic tells you the sound is above ground, but you cannot rule out that you're hearing it below you either.
-It lasted for at least 10 minutes without changing pitch, tone, or volume.

Like I said it was nowhere near as loud as what's being played in those videos, but you can notice it. I think those videos give it a false effect of sounding like thunder. It did not sound like thunder, it had no rumble to it. It was almost like when you hold your ear against a wall with a machine running behind it. It's got a weird rumble to it, but it doesn't rumble the way thunder does.

And then, just as soon as I was startled to still be hearing that sound I tuned out, it suddenly cut out. It was gone!

I'm very curious as to what this was and I'm looking forward to reading what all of your theories are.
edit on 19-6-2011 by 636Castle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Have been lurking for awhile and created account so I could post this. This occurred awhile back, just before this thread was created.
Rumbling started around 10:30 am or so and I first ignored it. I live near a USAF base which had maintenance facilities for large (C-5 class) jets and is now operated by BOEING, so rumbles are nothing new. This one however was unlike any I have heard before or since (I've lived on or near military bases my entire life). It went on for 10 minutes or more and the ground actually shook beneath my feet (not like an earthquake, just like vibration). My closest comparison is to a rocket launch, and I actually looked skyward, half expecting to see a rocket or missile lifting off. No flash, no clouds; just a rumble and vibration. This was in San Antonio, TX near the beginning of March 2011.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I live in Western PA, about 17 air miles from Greater Pittsburgh International (PIT) where I have lived for all of my 46 years.

Last night was the first time that I heard this rumbling. My wife and I were sitting on our porch, and from the direction of the airport, was this low frequency rumbling.

As most have already described, it sounds like a large jet. Having lived in the flight path of PIT all of my life, I can tell you that no jet rumbling lasts as long as this did -- it went on for 20-30 minutes starting around 9:15PM on July 2nd.

There is no construction going on in the area that could produce this amount of noise. And, this wasn't normal flight pattern noise. It was a constant rumble, unlike anything I have heard before.

Sounded like a large jet just hovering about a mile away from our house.

Anyone else in Pittsburgh experience this?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by causal
The BBC news website has also picked up 'the hum':
www.bbc.co.uk...

Wow, its been out there for 40 years? o.0

Thats a very long time isn't it?

Does anyone on ATS even remember it going back that far?

Also, does anyone here even know theres a Wiki article on this hum? Its called the Taos hum, or 'the hum'

Its a pretty interesting article:

On 15 November 2006, Dr. Tom Moir of the Massey University in Auckland, New Zealand made a recording of the Auckland Hum and has published it on the university's website.[3][4] The captured hum's power spectral density peaks at a frequency of 56 hertz.[5] In 2009, the head of audiology at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, Dr. David Baguley said that he believed people's problems with hum were based on the physical world about one-third of the time and the other two-thirds stemmed from people focusing too keenly on innocuous background sounds.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-7-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have heard these rumblings a few times, to me it does sound like a jet but goes on way too long. I also heard it last month. Myself and my partner did have a strange experience on June 26th. It was 6am and very light outside, clear skies. I heard what sounded like either a firework or a gunshot type bang but my partner witnessed a flash of light in the sky that accompanied the bang. Not a thunder type flash of light as he said it was like a ball shape and didn't fill up the whole sky.

This got me up, looking out of the window with him. What I noticed most was the amount of birds that this noise had scared from the surrounding houses. Although I was a bit spooked, mainly wondering what the flash of light could have been, I got really spooked when, I'd guess 15 seconds after the bang, we both heard a very loud Thud. I use the word thud because although the house didn't shake, I felt it beneath me. This sounds a bit mad but I knew something large had hit the ground. Unlike the first bang, the second noise sounded far away. I was actually just waiting to see smoke rising. I was that convinced something had crashed.

I went into the loft and continued to keep an eye on the sky, Tbh I was very scared and although I couldn't see anything. It was then that I heard the strange rumbling noise. If this was related to the noises or flash of light, I have no idea. I kept checking the news, nothing, I've googled it, nothing. I'm in Liverpool, UK, and just thought I'd share this and hopefully someone else heard or witnessed anything and can offer me some explanations.

p.s I'm new to this so apologise for any errors.

edit on 5-7-2011 by Gabby123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think some of this is underground drilling. Some of it seems to be related to deep military projects. I'm thinking one country attacking another via "scalar waves" or something along these lines.

There seems to be at least two different sounds that people are hearing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gabby123

When I hear it it sounds more like a low, rumbling thunder. It's constant, and stops and quickly as it starts.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by causal

The mysterious hum was heard in East Anglia a few years ago. Haven't heard of it in this area since then, until now.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

FWIW
Hi ....Pittsburgh here as well and yes I have heard this sound. I most recently heard it within the last week and meant to take down the time and date and got distracted and then forgot the exact time. I figured if I didn't have the exact start/stop times what was the point.....and now I forget the date. This last time was around 8:25 at night and lasted about 10 minutes.......lived here under the flight path for nearly 20 years and I am one of those people to who just automaticallly checks out the sky and pays attention to sounds. This is different; definitely not a plane. It sounds like machinery to me.....you can almost hear an echo.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I heard this sound today around 10 PM in Arlington, TX and it lasted about half an hour with varying intensity. When I first heard the sound I looked out my window into the forestry across my house, saw several bright green almost laser lights flash for a few seconds in the trees, I immediately thought some kind of alien hovercraft. The humming almost sounded like a UFO to me as well, and it felt like it was coming from the sky in the east.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The Ohio one is as creepy as the one in Florida. I'd bet everything on it being underground tunneling of some sort.

That thought alone is just plain creepy since these sounds are being heard all over the world. So, what the he'll are we not being told, and why? Either that, or its a means of contact from our space brothers....

[/quote/]

I AGREE. Underground tunnelling machine. The ELITES under your feet at work.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by parisr

When I hear it, it's around 4:;00a.m.. Since I've been on summer break, I don't get up that early, but I'm going to start again. I am curious if the sound still is around at that time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's going off like a goodun here in Gorleston, Norfolk, tonight. I opened the window to check it out because I could feel the building shaking, and there it is again - less of the rumble this time, and more of the strange cycling noise.

This is the third time I've noticed it in about 2 months. I posted a recording of it to this thread already - I think about one page back. I don't understand why it doesn't bother more people - it's a really horrible noise.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gabby123

Wuw Gabbu.....that sounds like it might have been a meteor hitting the ground. Can you tell me where you live? I can try to find out if you want.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DataDoc

Yeah...some people say they feel vibrations and some don't. I thinl it just depends on how close "it" is to you...thanks for sharing....if you ever hear it again, record record record!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by causal

It sure is! I listened to that recording....good job! But if you keep hearing it, keep recording as much as possible because I want to compare them. Like someone said, there seems to be 2 distinct sounds. Keep us informed! Thank you so much!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by causal

It sure is! I listened to that recording....good job! But if you keep hearing it, keep recording as much as possible because I want to compare them. Like someone said, there seems to be 2 distinct sounds. Keep us informed! Thank you so much!

Here's another type of noise that went on for a long time:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
BTW I don't know why this is in the "Fragile Earth" section. We don't know what these sounds are and they are very likely not natural or created by unknown geologic activity.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ive been hearing this rumbling in Windsor for about a year now. The best way to describe it would be like somebody sitting in their car with the windows up and turning up the music, I also produce electronic music, that rumbling sounds like an 808 kick with the decay set real high giving you that drawn out boooooooooommm, really low frequencies. sometimes pulsing and other times and I heard it last nite around 3:30-4:00 almost like 2 tones at the same time with an odd modulating kind of effect. Right now as I type sitting here with my wife we can both hear it even with the TV at a low to moderate level. I believe its getting louder. And I can also hear it during the day now when I'm in one of the bedrooms. Can anybody explain what this low freq rumbling is. ......Much love.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join