It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just thought I'd share my two cents here.

It's a soundcheck for Bluebeam. Which will have teeth, and won't be a lovey-dovey inspirational lightshow.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

It really is! I am still hoping it happens again here...I have started carrying my camera around everywhere I go just in case
I hope one of us catches it. It's really creepy when heard in person. I'm doing fine, thankyou for asking! Hope you are too!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

I heard rumbling sounds last nite May 29th 2011, at about 10:44pm. I lasted a good five minutes. I live in Denver.
It was heard from other people 10 miles away from me. It seemed to be coming from the southwest.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlespearl
reply to post by discl0sur3

Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

I believe the sound everyone heard is called a "Spacequake" [as NASA writes it]. Check this article from NASA. Could be from space but it could probably be caused by HAARP. Anything effecting the Earth's magnetic field would seem to cause this phenomenon.

July 27, 2010: Researchers using NASA's fleet of five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a form of space weather that packs the punch of an earthquake and plays a key role in sparking bright Northern Lights. They call it "the spacequake."

A spacequake is a temblor in Earth's magnetic field. It is felt most strongly in Earth orbit, but is not exclusive to space. The effects can reach all the way down to the surface of Earth itself. "Magnetic reverberations have been detected at ground stations all around the globe, much like seismic detectors measure a large earthquake," says THEMIS principal investigator Vassilis Angelopoulos of UCLA.

science.nasa.gov - Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

I stumbled upon the spacequake article from Nasa a week or two ago and also wondered wether it could be related to the rumbling noise heard by lots of people.
This past week I have been trying to find out if a spacequake could produce a soundwave that could be heard in our atmosphere.

I gotta admit that I didn't find any conclusive evidence and there was very little information about spacequakes other than sites all stating from the same news source (the same as the nasa link that "charlespearl" kindly supplied). I did find this article from ABC Technology News, that as a longshot could perhaps be related to the rumbling.

How Earthquake's Make Spacewaves

The research, sponsored chiefly by the European Space Agency, builds upon work in the 1960s that showed that when a fault moves, the displacement sends out an acoustic signal, or radio wave, that moves up through the atmosphere. It's sort of like the sound wave generated by the vibration of a loud speaker in a sound system.

I dont know if it creates a soundwave humans can even hear but the description is interesting. Could a spacequake produce a similar effect?
Also, just as a side thought, could perhaps other anomalies happening in space be the cause. There was a thread here on ATS about cosmic ray hotspots being beamed directly at our planet which is mystifying scientists. I dont have a clue wether or not it is creating the rumbling, but it does seem like some freaky things are happening (or were happening all along and we have only just found out now).

Cosmic rays crashing into the Earth over the South Pole appear to be coming from particular locations, rather than being distributed uniformly across the sky. Similar cosmic ray "hotspots" have been seen in the northern skies too, yet we know of no source close enough to produce this pattern.

It's a mystery because the hotspots must be produced within about 0.03 light years of Earth. Further out, galactic magnetic fields should deflect the particles so much that the hotspots would be smeared out across the sky. But no such sources are known to exist.

Others have proposed that a local phenomenon called magnetic reconnection – in which solar magnetic field lines cross and rearrange, converting magnetic energy to kinetic energy – could be accelerating local cosmic rays to energies in the TeV range and beaming them towards Earth, creating the observed hotspots. "It implies that we have a Tevatron in the solar system," says Aharonian, referring to the particle accelerator at Fermilab in Batavia, Illinois. "That's also crazy, but it is at least less crazy than other explanations."

Strange Cosmic Rays

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaid

Interesting! I have heard of this too, and it sounds very plausible. It sounds very similar to earthquake sounds or the rumble of a volcano, except it's coming from the sky. Have you heard the "screeching" one? It's a loud screech coming from the sky, and it sounds kind of like grinding gears....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Quaid

Interesting! I have heard of this too, and it sounds very plausible. It sounds very similar to earthquake sounds or the rumble of a volcano, except it's coming from the sky. Have you heard the "screeching" one? It's a loud screech coming from the sky, and it sounds kind of like grinding gears....

Hi
I have not heard the high pitched noise myself but a good friend of mine swears that he heard a strange sucking noise that had a mechanical pulse to it (low in pitch) which came from every diection in the sky in early February of this year.
I live in the North West of England (as does my friend). It did genuinely freak him out and I have known him since we were small kids and he is not one to make stuff up.

Anyway, I have done a little more research and found a possible explanation on how radiowaves from celestial bodies or anomalies could potentialy be converted into soundwaves due to natural transducers found on this planet.

This theory is a bit of a long shot but here goes. A spacequake is caused by a plasma jet that crashes into our geomagnetic field.

"Now we know," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Plasma jets trigger spacequakes." According to THEMIS, the jets crash into the geomagnetic field some 30,000 km above Earth's equator. The impact sets off a rebounding process, in which the incoming plasma actually bounces up and down on the reverberating magnetic field. Researchers call it "repetitive flow rebuffing." It's akin to a tennis ball bouncing up and down on a carpeted floor. The first bounce is a big one, followed by bounces of decreasing amplitude as energy is dissipated in the carpet.

Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

It seems that the plasma jet that causes a spacequake to happen is also created when a meteor enters the earth's atmosphere.

When a meteor wallops the Earth’s atmosphere, it ionizes the air around it and creates a glowing trail of plasma. As the plasma cools, the electrons and ions create a vibration. They are called VLF vibrations and they are capable of transmitting electromagnetic waves over hundreds and hundreds of kilometers. These “sounds” aren’t necessarily heard by human ears but can vibrate objects like wires, aluminum objects, or something close to you. This is a form of low frequency radiation that travels much faster than the speed of sound and actually at the speed of light

Do Meteors Make A Sound?

The plasma reacts in our atmosphere which produces electrons and ions to vibrate which in turn creates radiowaves that can be converted into sound using natural transducers such as blades of grass, aerials etc.

when a space rock plunges earthward, friction caused by the atmosphere creates a trail of electrically charged particles, or plasma, in which Earth's invisible but potent magnetic field lines become trapped, tangled and twisted like strings of cooked spaghetti. This magnetic spaghetti is thought to generate very low frequency radio waves, says Keay ... The waves are thought to travel at the speed of light and are converted into sound when they interact near the ground with what are called "dielectric media" or "transducers," which can be massive ordinary objects or electrical activity in the lower atmosphere.".

Meteors

This theory is pointing to the possible cause of the rumbling sound to be induced by natural transducers picking up radiowaves and the actual cause could be coming from outter-space. Not necessarily a spacequake or a meteor but perhaps larger than usual amounts of cosmic radiation in the form of radiowaves entering our atmosphere.

I realize that this theory is probably way off the mark but I thought I would put it out there anyway.

I also found this article from 2009 about a loud roar coming from the deep reaches of space. I think it shows how little we know concerning the universe.

Radio waves are not sound waves, but they are still electromagnetic waves, situated on the low-frequency end of the light spectrum. Many objects in the universe, including stars and quasars, emit radio waves. Even our home galaxy, the Milky Way, emits a static hiss (first detected in 1931 by physicist Karl Jansky).

Other galaxies also send out a background radio hiss.But the newly detected signal, described here today at the 213th meeting of the American Astronomical Society, is far louder than astronomers expected. There is "something new and interesting going on in the universe," said Alan Kogut of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md.

"The universe really threw us a curve," Kogut said. "Instead of the faint signal we hoped to find, here was this booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted. "Detailed analysis of the signal ruled out primordial stars or any known radio sources, including gas in the outermost halo of our own galaxy.

Other radio galaxies also can't account for the noise – there just aren't enough of them. "You'd have to pack them into the universe like sardines," said study team member Dale Fixsen of the University of Maryland. "There wouldn't be any space left between one galaxy and the next." The signal is measured to be six times brighter than the combined emission of all known radio sources in the universe. For now, the origin of the signal remains a mystery.
Mystery Roar from Far-Away Space Detected

All the best
Quaid

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Quaid

WOW! Now THAT is interesting! Great find

Thank you so much for that....I think you are on to something with that, because it's the only theory I have heard which couls explain how it is being heard in different places all over the world. I wonder if there is a recording of this....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I heard this almost a month ago here in NW Oregon for about 3-5 minutes during a blazer game (i think). I think it was a distant thunder but it sounded exactly the same as the video I saw from florida. It was eerie because I couldn't pinpoint where the sound was coming from. One moment I thought it was coming from nearby and the next it seemed like it was coming from far off in the distance. It sounded like a rumbling truck was next door (but none was there).
edit on 4-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Heard in Southern part of coastal of Maine June 4, 2011 at approx 930pm. Sounded like a helicopter or train but came right over our house then receded back into the direction from which it started. It was NOT a helicopter or train. Just sounded similar. Lasted only 5 minutes or so? Was really close and disturbing for less than a minute. Glad it was not like video in Florida that lasted 20 minutes. We were all unnerved with just a minute or so. Definately not your usual sound.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
wish we could get a moderator for this topic and take out all the what ifs? end of world theories and etc. Just leave the reports of where this is heard. Leave the theories for another forum. I want to know who else hears this and where.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's not "around the world" or "all over" as a lot of the commenter's have alleged because I live and Jordan and previously in Dubai and Atlanta before that and never heard such a sound.Definitely not hearing it in Jordan since I've become aware of others hearing it, I've tried to listen more closely here. I do have relatives in United States and some have claimed hearing it, so I tried to do a little research into the possibilities. What I found seems reasonable but then again, no reasonable explanation as to "why" they'd be doing or utilizing it:

See Here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, this might make sense as to why so many birds are dying and falling from the sky for no other apparent reason.

What you think?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I heard some kind of cycling / whistling noise above Gorleston, UK late last night (I was aware of it from about 12:30 ish till at least 3 am). It seemed to come from the South East: a rumble, at varying pitches, with a slightly rhythmic quality at times, along with an erie whistle every now and again. I was aware of this thread, and others, before I heard the sound, and I instantly related what I was hearing to the sounds from the youtube video. I think it is comparable, but mine seems to be more distant.

I got out my audio recorder (Zoom H2), and I sampled quite a bit of it to study. Here's nearly 2 minutes of wav, recorded on high gain, and then amplified some 30 times. I have about 25 minutes of recordings but this will have to do for now.

audioboo.fm...

I duplicated the set up this evening to make a comparison recording: This one has a car going past. So does the section from early this morning, as far as I can tell, and a lot of other oddness besides. The comparison recording was recorded and amplified in the same manner.

audioboo.fm...

I listen to the sounds around me a great deal, and this was a new one on me.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by causal

Good on you for getting the recording! That is very close to what I heard here....except it was VERY loud and had soft booming sounds. It lasted up to 45 minutes. In your recording, I heard the "screech" sound, which has been recorded...almost like a mechanical sound, like gears turning. It's a very creepy sound isn't it? Keep trying to record it if you hear it again "high fives ya** Good work!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maymunah

It is being reported in many different countries....U.S. Belgium, Germany, England, Australia, Africa are a few I know of. Keep listening, you may hear it one day.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The Rumbling noise came back where i am we have an overcast today mixed with a little chance of thunder but the Rumbling noise isnt thunder.

The rumbling noise this time was pretty small unlike the last time.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 7-6-2011 by stefunny because: accidenta repost

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That seems more appropriate than saying "all over"...that's the only thing I was pointing out but I surely was not debunking it as I have family members who've heard it and not just on one occasion. Did you read the link I gave about Sonic Weaponry? And how also this sound could be related to several reports of birds falling from the sky or being found dead for no other apparent reason??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maymunah

Yes I did....and it sounds like a possibility. Thanks for posting that! Where did your family member hear it? I keep hoping I'll hear it again so I can record it....but so far nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just read this this morning. Found it quite interesting and makes some sense in terms of the shaking and rumblings. If already posted letr me know. Starts off about Elenin but by 7th paragraph it ties in. Let me know what you guys think.
thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I noticed this recent TIME magazine article which relates to this phenomenon.

newsfeed.time.com...

Every night, between midnight and 4 AM, a mysterious hum occurs.

Every night for the past two months the noise resembling the hum of a car engine has seemingly moved through the air, flooding the entire town's population of 300 with the annoyingly undetectable sound. Sometimes it gets so strong it shakes beds. Sometimes it grows louder in different parts of the same home. But no matter how loud, it's entirely a mystery.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join