It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Southern Manitoba at 9:05 PM,19th of March, my son and I heard an unusual rumble in our house that lasted for a few seconds. He asked me what that was, i went outside to see any lights from an airplane, seeing nothing, i had no answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have been hearing a similar sound in Eastern KY for a long time; well over a year, though I cannot pinpoint exactly when I first heard the sound. It is generally around the same time every night, 11:30, and seems to go on for 45 minutes or longer. It's been driving me batty really. It makes it hard to fall asleep.

It sounds like the rumble of a low flying jet, but the sound just lingers (as I said for about 45 minutes) as though this "low flying jet" were circling the area, but it is NOT a jet.

We live in the middle of nowhere. There are no military bases and no airports. The nearest airport is about 75 miles away and is a rather small one; not a major international airport.

The jets that do fly over (the ones we see during the day) are generally extremely high up. They can be seen and their contrails can be seen but they are so high up that they appear only as little specks basically. In all the time I have lived here I have never seen a low flying jet. The ONLY low flying plane I have EVER seen is occasionally a Forestry Service Piper Cub.

Other than that the only other things ever seen in the sky are the occasional Flight for Life helicopter or State Police helicopter and that is about it.

I've never been able to figure out what this is but I sure am glad I'm not the only person hearing this sound!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The earth is expanding, get used to it and hang on

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Powerlines can sometimes make strange noises aswell. With the earths magnetic field fooling around and all (see compass thread(s)), powerlines could be reacting on this, which might be the source of this sound. It would explain the wide range of the phenomenon.

Disclaimer; I have no background on this subject, I'm just thinking out loud

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Doesnt it sound like the Saturn Signal tuned in another pitch and speed?
Humm
OR could it be a message?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Know what I think?

A cloaked aircraft of some kind

Whats NASA and the Military up to now?

That crossed my mind actually.
but not NASA

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is a discussion about the same thing of someone who actually took a video so you can hear the sound .

Is on ATS at this link :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

March 9th, 2011 My apologies if this has been posted before, my search returned no results. I'm having a really difficult time explaining what this may be, It's very unsettling to say the least. The rumbling fades and stops immediately following a bright flash of light...strange. Here's is the National Weather Services explanation of the event, laughable IMO. SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL 718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON- INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS 718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/ ...STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND... THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BELIEVES THIS PHENOMENON IS BEING CAUSED BY THUNDER FROM DISTANT LIGHTNING STROKES... BOUNCING OFF A VERY STABLE LAYER ABOVE THE GROUND. THIS IS CALLED DUCTING...AND CAN ALLOW SOUND TO TRAVEL UNUSUALLY LONG DISTANCES. THIS SOUND HAS BEEN MISTAKENLY ATTRIBUTED TO POSSIBLE TORNADOES...BUT WE AT THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT THERE ARE NO TORNADOES ... AND NONE ARE EXPECTED

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My husband and I heard a loud rumble last night around 8:30 PM. We live in about 40 miles north of New Orleans, LA.
It wasn't raining and when my husband went outside to check to see what it was he saw nothing unusual. We just shrugged it off but now I'm curious

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have heard some discussion about HAARP as a possible source for the mysterious noise. This may be a stretch, but due to recent celestial and geomagnetic chat, has anyone considered that perhaps it may be HAARP utilized in our favor, rather than for the negative? Potential used to stop earthquakes or other natural disasters from occurring? This could be a reason for hearing the sound but not seeing any consequences?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Someone should ask the National Weather Service what is causing this 'ducting' phenomena to be happening all of a sudden, seemingly everywhere. Eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Okey, this thread caught my attention and felt the need to put my two cents in. I listened to the Florida tape and it gave me a chill, I've heard that rumble quite a few times. I live here in central NY Clark Mills. There's a small airport at an coverted Air Force Base in Rome NY about ten fifteen miles away, so I know what the jets and bombers sound like when they fire up. The first minute this rumble sounds like a bomber firing up, it sounds like it. But I've never heard a jet rumble that long. This rumble after a minute takes on a different pitch that you can feel and lasts from about ten to fifteen minutes. Now that I know other people are hearing the same thing, we should I know I will start logging the times an length and weather conditions of this. This might just be the excuse I need to buy a camcorder

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
WHOA. THIS IS WEIRD. I live in NC and I thought I felt my first earthquake the other day. It was kinda surreal, felt a little rumbling, definitely from below, and thought, hey so this is what it's like. It wasn't strong and just lasted a couple seconds.

I can't believe this is some sort of widespread phenomena because I seriously do not recall ever feeling an earthquake in my life. I cannot tell you for sure that it was an EQ, but that video makes me think of one thing, and that's dumbs...not what I felt/heard exactly, but it's still incredible the timing of this.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Doesnt it sound like the Saturn Signal tuned in another pitch and speed?
Humm
OR could it be a message?

Ha ha...I just heard these sounds for the first time today, and I thought the same thing.
Here is the sound of Earth:
Earth Sounds

I have read so many feasible explanations between all of these "rumbling sounds" threads. I don't know how we would ever figure out exactly what it is, truly, unless someone came right out and showed us what it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow, I heard the same thing in Oz tonight. Can't believe this has been heard around the world

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hmm yeah sorry about that..

..i've had terrible gas lately !!

Cosmic...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's impossible to debunk something without a subject to debunk. Could be wind, machinery, someone rubbing the microphone with a cloth, or the earth preparing to explode.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

which state are you in? I'm in Sydney and nothing here

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I live in ohio, My boyfriend and I heard some low and lasting rumbling noises the last two days. Figured it was just thunder?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok, after reading this thread I had to start putting these places on a map to see if a pattern would show and it does. With most of the reports, you could almost draw a line strait through them!! Like a path of something flying??? Check it out! I posted a screen shot of it here. Thoughts????

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Oct. 2009
United States, Montana
approximately 10:00 p.m

Rumble that seemed to come from the sky. It was very loud. It began with volume intensity and stayed the same intensity for the duration. (No fade or greater volume.) Went on for nearly two minutes. At first we thought it was thunder, and then perhaps an earthquake, but there was no storm, and the ground was not shaking, and it went on far too long for either to be the case.

Haven't heard it since though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join