It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have been hearing it for days now, in north central Fl. Not constant, in interavals. deep down in the earth below and around the area.
Could it be a Tesla Oscillator?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm hearing it here in western Arkansas. It's not happening in long periods, it's a few times an hour for a minute or two. Just weird rumbles...? I can slightly feel it too. I don't have neighbors close at all so I can't blame it on them. Doesn't sound like anything at all, so I can't blame it on anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I live in the UK, and have noticed these noises and sometimes the ground shakes too. I have no idea what it is, one thing it could be is underground tunnelling or something similar, using very high yield explosives, maybe some sort of underground weapons testing? Or maybe insane people are deliberately trying to blow up the entire planet?

Another possibility, maybe the earth is screaming in agony from the things we have done. Maybe the stupidly large number of underground nuclear tests, the extraction of oil, and other resources, have had their toll, and this is just a warning of what is to come.

The most likely possibility is that its just aircraft. I hear it right now and its definitely an aircraft.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cflynnmda

Are these sounds connected to the animal deaths,reporters talking in tongues,air traffic controllers falling asleep,ufo's and other paranormal events taking place?Is there a common link?Is this the d4rk knight prophecies culminating on Oct 28,2011?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Hey.... where are you in the UK ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hi everyone, first time post here, signed up specifically to post in this thread.

About two weeks ago, I think it was Saturday 2nd of April, I was at work doing a takeaway delivery and I was standing on the second floor of a hotel, and for maybe 2 to 3 seconds I felt a very slight shake, it wasn't really anything big but it threw me off balance a little bit. I had read this thread prior to the event though, so I brushed it off in my mind thinking I was imagining things.

It wasn't untill the following evening when I went around a friends house, when his mum approached me and asked me if I had felt a shake yesterday and I confirmed I had, she described it exactly the same way I would have. She had no idea about this thread.

And then again today, I was talking to a couple of friends, and I mentioned it again, and a friend said that her parents had felt it also. So that's 3 seperate people confirming feeling it, I wasn't imagining it.

I live in Surrey, UK.

Cheers for reading.

TLDR; I felt a shake.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
4/17/2011 @ 9:27PM

As I sit here and type this I have been hearing the same rumbling noise again for a good half hour now. On and off though. I have seen planes in the distance on other days, not today that I saw and have not heard the sound. Though it is possible it may be jets I do not think that it is. The nearest airport is ATL Hartsfield which is 40+ miles away. Other weird things the past week or two that have been occuring are Comcast cable acting very strangely i.e.: channels changing on their own screen going green then back to normal and for some time now I have been hearing an constant echo on my home AND cell phones. Other parties on calls hear it as well. I also hear a clicking noise a lot as if someone were picking up elsewhere in the house. I am not saying the rumbling is in any way connected to these other goings-on, simply curious. Just watched Skyline recently so I guess I am a wee bit paranoid too..Keep up the good work folks, so hopefully we can all get some answers to this noise etc..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I heard this noise last night in the Dallas, TX area around 1:00 AM Central Time. Full intensity lasted for about 30 seconds, then it went on for 2 or 3 minutes more, before it disappeared.

It sounded like it was oscillating, and it did NOT sound like any plane I have ever heard before, nor did it sound like thunder.

Cheers,
Cody
edit on 18-4-2011 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have not hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a LOUD command, with the VOICE of the archangel and with the TRUMPET call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. FOR THE TRUMPET WILL SOUND the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Essex County, Ontario

Windsor Essex Rumblings Reminiscent of Kokomo Hum

Many of these people live near recently constructed wind facilities, including myself. Last night I had to put on headphones and listen to my iPod in order to get to sleep. Very weird noise. I use to live near a rail yard and that never bothered me. You get used to it. You can't get used to this. You can feel it in your head.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
Towards the end of the video, the one at night (not sure which one), it seems to sound as if it is a pattern. It reminds me, quite a lot, actually, of the signal recieved in the movie "Contact". I dunno, just seems strange.

I noticed that too, there is a ebb and flow to the sound like a signal being sent out or something.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 18-4-2011 by pintobean because: So sorry, mistake

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Heres an interesting video which plays a recording of the rumbling noise from FL at different speeds but the peculiar thing is that when played at a slower frequency, the pitch of the noise goes way up and vice versa.
www.youtube.com...

I personally haven't heard the noises myself but have been following the thread so far and its quite interesting

Wonder if we will discover the true source of this phenomena...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have heard the sound several times here in Knoxville, TN but just assumed it was a military jet because they go over our house quite a bit. Mostly it occurs in the middle of the night and is loud enough to wake me up. It happened again tonight around 7:30 while we were outside. No planes, no cars. It sounded like a train coming through and you could even feel a light shake. I was for sure it was an earthquake but over an hour later and nothing has shown up on USGS or other sites.

I did a little research this evening and found out that I'm not the only who has experienced it in my area. I found a news article from several years ago about several other people experiencing the same thing. The craziest part is the neighborhoods that are mentioned it happening are within a mile from my house.

www.volunteertv.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I was at a Kentucky State Police / Commercial Vehicle Enforcement weight station talking to some friends when we heard this rumbling noise at around 7 in the morning on Sunday. There are no military bases even remotely near us and no jets that I could see. It lasted for something like five or six minutes, without any decrease in intensity. It wasn't like it was directly in front of us but all the troopers definitely heard it and said it sounded like it was just down the road. The roads that morning were pretty much empty except for a few cars and we all agreed that it didn't sound like an aircraft (I've lived on several NAS/AFB and been around jets for years). A few of them had heard of the noises happening all over the US but this was the first time any of us had heard it. I checked with someone else and there were no controlled explosions, detonations or mining going on for at least 100 miles.
edit on 18-4-2011 by nastalgik because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by nastalgik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

I again have signed up to the site because of this rumbling noise.
I live in Blairgowrie, Scotland and heard this rumbing last night. Went on for about 5 minutes.
There is a windfarm built nearby a few years ago, but there has never been any noise from it before. Also worth noting is the sound was coming from a more easterly direction, the windfarm is located to the North.
It sounded just like army jets, but much more prolonged, as if they were going round in small circles overhead!

Im surprised at the amount of people that have also experienced this. There's bound to be plenty more who havent actually posted it, and even more who dont know the site exists.

Interested to see how this one pans out!

Any more info wanted, give me a shout!

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greenyellow

A lot of the time, for me, anyway, it IS military or commercial jets making the sound. I will see them. But what is odd is that after a lifetime of hearing plane noises, plane noises just don't sound the same anymore. The sounds are deeper, more booming, more resonant, and "pulsed" meaning the rumble is not a steady roar but it's like the sound cuts in and out even though the consistency of the contrails is steady. I've also noticed that in the past few months air traffic of all kinds both commercial and military has become a steady overhead stream, by the sounds of things. I can not always see the planes making the noise. Sometimes there is too much cloud cover. Other times it is clear as a bell but I still can't see a plane. At night, of course, who knows.

I don't know if "the rumble" I am hearing is always planes. But when I do hear AND see the planes these days the sounds are most of the time this odd loud deeply resonant pulsing rumble. I can only guess something in our atmosphere has changed to effect the way things sound to a witness on the ground. My hearing is fine and no other sounds sound any different to me.

Oh yeah, this change in sound does seem to apply to thunder, too. Deeper, louder, increased duration of sound and kind of "pulsed". Do any other observers out there concur with my observations?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

OK, now that you have mentioned it... I have noticed in the past few months that the planes that fly over my house on their way to and from Oakland International have that exact sound! I have lived here 16 years and they have never had this weird sound before.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Heard strange rumblings yesterday. Most likely bombs being tested at White Sands Missile Range.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I wonder if I should put that post of mine on a separate thread or keep it part of this one. I have been trying to figure this all out since I first really took good note of the phenomenon around the winter holidays. I've practically made a sight of myself out about town watching planes and noting sounds, directions, etc. However I have noticed I'm not the only one. The rest of my fellow sheeples are staring at the sky with puzzled looks too. It's all definitely gotten more persistent and noticeable.

It will be interesting to see if this change in the quality of sky sounds persists into the summer months for those of us in the northern hemisphere. Which reminds me, I haven't really taken note, have there been reports from our southern hemisphere friends of the rumble?

edit on 19-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join