It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
These sound like the wav files that people have been posting that are said to be the sounds that earthquakes make.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I heard what sounded like thunder rumbling one evening about three weeks ago, in Eastern Pennsylvania, near Reading. One of my co-workers heard the same thing on the same night, his home is about 10 miles away from mine. it lasted about a minute, too long for thunder and it was very steady, unlike any thunder I have experienced in 48+ years. I posted this in the NJ rumbling thread.

About a week ago, three different co-workers heard rumbling on and off all day (3-12-11) some of it lasting 20-30 minutes continuously. They were all at the same location, midway between Reading and Lancaster, PA.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Am in the northern part of New Mexico, and I also hear almost exactly the same sound from the video in Florida. I called up a friend in the complete other side of town and he hears it also, but he describes as the sound from the video in the beginning of this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of the film Contact OR the martians working on their tripods underground.
Yeah there's been times when I've heard it or rather felt it. Prompting me to run around switching everything off in the house to get a better listen. Never had it last as long as in the vid though.

Absolutely no wind turbines or powerplants anywhere near, though the locality IS a maze of underground closed coalmine shafts. I have absolutely no idea what it could be. What I WILL throw out here just now though since I'm not sure on whether to make a thread or not is this..

My father who is absolutely NOT prone to flights of fancy or even remotely interested in the notion of Aliens or the supernatural completely freaked out just over a week ago when he took the dog out for a quick wee late at night. Said he saw what looked to be a HUGE black tv screen in the sky. The second his mind frazzled at seeing it it crackled into some life with grey lines zipping across it. He turned around for one second in panic to shout my mum and it was gone.

I've tried to find some reference to this thing on the net to no avail, other than www.technovelgy.com... & that definately wasnt it.

Offtopic a bit sorry..It's just been playing on my mind since I found out about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I have no idea the exact dates of these nor does it really matter. I just saw the one I posted so it's the "latest". This thread isn't about that, it's about what these sounds may mean.

Exact dates should matter... if these sounds are spread out over time in a variety of locations, then I think they could be explained away as some unknown phenomena. If they are concentrated over the last several weeks in a variety of places, that is a different story and shows possible causation.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My wife and I were woken up by this also, we live in Pennsylvania. We have 2 dogs that were shaking, a Doberman and a Pit Bull that aren't afraid of any outside noises?? It went on for almost a half hour!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have read this thread and the other thread and I feel like I need to post. I live in Florida and just last night, have heard a strange, distant, high-pitched sound that sounded like a truck accelerated. It had a pattern where the frequency steadily increased from low to high and then restarted. This is the first time I have heard something like this and it scared me watching the youtube video because it sounded very similar. Anyone have any legitimate explanations. Please don't tell me it was a jet running its engines because the closest airport is a good 10 miles away or so.

My first impression was that it was an appliance or something but I couldn't track the sound. As I checked it out it stopped and started back when I was sitting down. Then I started to think it was an UFO. Then I read the thread and people said it could be HAARP which is also plausible. Anyway, the point is I heard the same sound last night in Florida at 11:30 PM EST.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
These reports are coming up everywhere: San Diego, LA, West VA, Florida, New York/New Jersey, Canada, UK,,,the latest video with the sound is from the Ohio River:

www.youtube.com...=52

Debunkers, you've got to really do better on this one if you plan to pull this into the world of the mundane. It is simply not a weather event or anything ordinary. It is causing the ground to shake for as long as the sound is happening.

Anyone's opinion welcome...including debunkers...

says Uploaded by variablecheese on Aug 11, 2009

eric

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I live in the Midwest, this happened last week.

I heard it too, I just now took the time to listen to these sounds, I heard it pass, thought is was the most odd sound I had ever heard, not quite like a jet, yet even thought it might be the rumble of the earth moving, looked out the window thinking it might be heavy machinery but it seemed to come from above.

This is the exact sound
sorry if this has already been posted.

edit on 103131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp
Colin Keay, a physicist at the University of Newcastle in Australia, has advanced a hypothesis that purports to explain these phenomena. According to Keay's theory, meteor trails give off very low frequency (VLF) radio signals that the human ear cannot sense directly but are heard because a transducer on the ground must be converting the radio waves into sound waves. He has produced experiments that demonstrate that materials as commonplace as aluminum foil, thin wires, pine needles, and wire-framed glasses can act as suitable transducers.

I notice that he states that, among other things, pine needles can be a transducer.

The people in the OP video had a whole grove of pine trees right where the sound was coming from.

I wonder what kind of sounds the physicist was able to record and if they sound anything like this.

EDIT: I keep getting this thread mixed up with the one from Florida here. So when I said "in the OP video", I meant the one from the other thread. Sorry.

edit on 21-3-2011 by idunno12 because: mixed up threads

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ejack83

I listened to the noise on the variable cheese youtube video. That is the weirdest one I have heard, very manmade sounding to me. It is not the noise that I have heard.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ok so here's a thought

next time someone hears this noise, get a compass and walk toward the noise but make sure you videotape it, then We'll see what happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
to me it sounds like tribal drumming, or a moving train underground. maybe the government is trying out mind control with certain vibrations... speaking of which, how come the united states has little to no revolution going on and almost every other country does?

another idea... the government has undergone building of giant underground Nuke bunkers... a real life beginning for "fallout" vaults?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Rekrul because: i thought of something else...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Same rumbling noise heard in Philippines. I live just outside Manila. The sound was low and steady and lasted for about 5minutes or more. It was not raining, no clouds in sight.

Last we heard it was March 12th. We usually hear it at night. I've heard it myself thrice now.

I can assure you, it's not just some plane. I think we would know what a plane sounds like.

i 've posted this before in the Florida thread, the one with the video but nobody seemed to give the a shiz. Haha!

Guess some group of islands in the pacific is not the world, eh?

The jet/ ultra modern superweapon theory would not apply here as the Philippines does not have the resources to fund such.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont think that the noise in Florida could be a result of tunneling, their water table is so low you can dig down 10 feet anywhere in Florida and hit water.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
am from the uk and havnt heard anuthing as yet... does this noise happene at night or in the light as well ?
p.s. has any one heard it in the uk as yet if so where abouts ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That sound reminds me of the movie "The Langoliers"

Check out the sound starting at 6:45 into the video:

edit on 3/21/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Know what I think?

A cloaked aircraft of some kind

Whats NASA and the Military up to now?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, for me, this is very weird. I have heard it and I have friends that have heard it. That makes it a little different than just hearing a recording on youtube or relying on someone elses testimony to the fact.

I think WTF is it?
* Natural phenomena? I hope.
* Top Secret black budget aircraft? I hope, but how secret is it if all these people are hearing it?
* Aliens? I hope not, I have a feeling the bastards will be like us and want to eat us.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nothern Ontario, Canada. 3.08 am I woke up because of a very strange noise. Really loud and unusual. I think I 've heard this kind of sound before and never could understand what that was. It sounded like several planes flying very low or something like that. Then there was an explosion like sound and it all stopped.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join