It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
this has already been debunked. you people are keeping a debunked topic alive. there is nothing strange going on and it's pretty silly that this topic has 45+ pages.

lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ADUB77

You theory about wind turbines is very interesting.

I live in Richmond BC, and we started hearing the noises roughly a year ago, but we haven't heard it lately (winter).

Now, roughly a year ago they installed a turbine on top of Grouse mountain, My house has direct line of sight to it, but it's a few kilomterers away - roughly 25.

However, the low frequency, the harmonic sound, the sensation of above/no direction could match.

In addition, I did feel it through the body.

So if wind blows in a gust over Grouse mountain, the turbine spins faster for a few minutes, thus generating more noise at short bursts of a few minutes.

The only problem with the theory is that the city of Vancouver should be getting this noise much louder than me.

Need to investigate more.

Cheers

arit

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OMG for the last time I will post this explaination, it is called ducting, it is a weather phenomenon, the real question is why ducting is happening 'all over the world' and is it unusual. Ducting. Please look that up or read up on this thread, please.

"SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011

FLZ011-013>018-026-027-114-115-118-127-GAZ155>158-100230-
JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON-
INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-
COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-
DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MARIANNA...GRACEVILLE...MALONE...
SNEADS...BLOUNTSTOWN...WHITE CITY...WEWAHITCHKA...QUINCY...
CHATTAHOOCHEE...TALLAHASSEE...SPRING HILL...MONTICELLO...
SWEETWATER...CRAWFORDVILLE...PORT SAINT JOE...APALACHICOLA...
CARRABELLE...SOPCHOPPY...SAINT MARKS...DONALSONVILLE...
BAINBRIDGE...CAIRO...THOMASVILLE
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/

...STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND...

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE
WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST. THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE BELIEVES THIS PHENOMENON IS BEING CAUSED BY THUNDER FROM
DISTANT LIGHTNING STROKES...BOUNCING OFF A VERY STABLE LAYER ABOVE
THE GROUND. THIS IS CALLED DUCTING...AND CAN ALLOW SOUND TO TRAVEL
UNUSUALLY LONG DISTANCES. THIS SOUND HAS BEEN MISTAKENLY
ATTRIBUTED TO POSSIBLE TORNADOES...BUT WE AT THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT THERE ARE NO TORNADOES...AND
NONE ARE EXPECTED."

forum.weatherzone.com.au...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have attempted to look into this: and yes there are some very odd things going on! Many are saying the sounds come from the sky, well. Listen to this from outer space, picked up by NASA!!! Not so different I think.

www.youtube.com...

The question is: if this is one and same, something is happening, poss gravational effects from a comet or this planetx X, ( if it exists) !!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e
this has already been debunked. you people are keeping a debunked topic alive. there is nothing strange going on and it's pretty silly that this topic has 45+ pages.

lol.

If it has what was it, links please?????
edit on 25-3-2011 by outerlimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

look up at my link above this post and yours

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If your so sure it is this thing called "ducting" then please provide links of similar stories prior to this event. I have never heard of ducting before until now and considering it comes from a weather station I believe they just made it up. They get weather wrong ALL the time, who's to say they didn't just make this "ducting" up just to make people feel better and not look like idiots? Personally I think less time should be spent on what it was and more time spent on what the significance of the 20 minute duration is.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
OMG for the last time I will post this explaination, it is called ducting, it is a weather phenomenon, the real question is why ducting is happening 'all over the world' and is it unusual. Ducting. Please look that up or read up on this thread, please.

"SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011

FLZ011-013>018-026-027-114-115-118-127-GAZ155>158-100230-
JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON-
INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-
COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-
DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MARIANNA...GRACEVILLE...MALONE...
SNEADS...BLOUNTSTOWN...WHITE CITY...WEWAHITCHKA...QUINCY...
CHATTAHOOCHEE...TALLAHASSEE...SPRING HILL...MONTICELLO...
SWEETWATER...CRAWFORDVILLE...PORT SAINT JOE...APALACHICOLA...
CARRABELLE...SOPCHOPPY...SAINT MARKS...DONALSONVILLE...
BAINBRIDGE...CAIRO...THOMASVILLE
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/

...STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND...

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE
WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST. THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE BELIEVES THIS PHENOMENON IS BEING CAUSED BY THUNDER FROM
DISTANT LIGHTNING STROKES...BOUNCING OFF A VERY STABLE LAYER ABOVE
THE GROUND. THIS IS CALLED DUCTING...AND CAN ALLOW SOUND TO TRAVEL
UNUSUALLY LONG DISTANCES. THIS SOUND HAS BEEN MISTAKENLY
ATTRIBUTED TO POSSIBLE TORNADOES...BUT WE AT THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT THERE ARE NO TORNADOES...AND
NONE ARE EXPECTED."

forum.weatherzone.com.au...

Have you ever experienced Ducting? Has anyone on here for that matter? I mean anyone who knew 100% is was "Ducting"? Just a question.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

Yes I have. When I lived on the florida coast and here in North GA where I live in a 'tornado alley'. We will hear rumbling from storms many miles away, and yes it carries the sound for long periods of time. In North Ga I understand that the mountians help create the ducting effect, sound bending and traveling over valleys and mountians. You will hear it at times and never see the storm itself. In Florida storms and even jets overhead would create the sounds, and you would see no jet or plane, or storm. Sometimes it happened even during a storm.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I too live in FL as well as spent time in GA, CO, KS, among many others. I have been in tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and huge electric storms and I have never heard anything like what people are posting in my life. I have been through some real doozies as well. Maybe you're just lucky to have witnessed it as well as be super smart to have just written it off as ducting.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
"Ducting"? is this ducting?????????

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

With respect....even the weather people in your post said they ' believe' the reported noises etc are from ' ducting'
'Believe'. That is NOT a given by any stretch of the imagination. Im not saying they are wrong but for me, the fact that the ground shaking as reported and for a continous period of time as in the Tallahassee video seems to rule out a distant thunderclap and lightning strike being the cause. IMO.
And before you tell me about how the atmospheric cause and effects work....I know. I read it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
All still very, very odd to me anyway!! not sure I am buying this ducting idea

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Mike Tyson may be able to reproduce this sound in someone’s ears after a right hook!!!

edit on 25-3-2011 by outerlimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e

lol.

.....so your claim waaaaay back on about page 30, with your copy about the deafening noise from a new gas pipeline being installed in Tampa Palms ( around 200 miles from Tallahassee mind!!) is your debunk????

Ummm, you may need to try a wee bit harder matey.

Case still open. Wide open in fact.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Heh... could be ducting, although it could also just be convenient.
Maybe there's a connection between this and the 1000% increase in survival bunkers. I figure they aren't going to be placed in one spot, but more or less all over the states.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In order to facilitate these constructions they would have to do a lot of underground drilling right?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

You know, with the amount of reports re this loud noise accompanied by ground shaking, you'd expect there would be some signs of this so called large scale drilling over these enormous distances, .....like an unusual amount of people dressed in drilling gear ( lolol), a large volume of vehicles needed to transport equipment and people/removal of soil and rock... unexplained LARGE holes in the earth with signs saying DRILLING IN PROGRESS NO ADMITTANCE or at least signs saying you will be shot if you approach any further!! One thing that cracks me up also, is the amount of people involved in this project who would have to keep their mouths shut given so many believe it is being done furtively.
Like all the ' extras ' on a movie set. Impossible.

Nope, for me it aint drilling!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are hollow earth theories that include a race of reptilian aliens from another galaxy living within the planet that control our govt's it could be them drilling back to the surface...

JK I don't believe that bs...

...completely...anyway?

Anything is possible though... >_>

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I am a pretty strong skeptic on these sorts of things (witness my debunking of the "pole shift" claims as a result of Tampa's re-designating of their runways in January,) but I'm struggling with reconciling what I experienced.

Again, a sound exactly like that recorded in Florida, due to ducting of thunderstorms, but on a different day, at a different time, 1,500 miles away and obviously much different meteorological conditions -- not the least of which is a complete lack of thunderstorms.

Setting all that aside, if the weather conditions were causing the amplification of the train sound, as I had originally believed, why were no other sounds amplified? The train whistle was no louder than it normally is, so I could barely hear it over the rumble. When the rumble went away, it faded out, which led me to believe that it was a train, and the train had moved off, but why wasn't the sound of highway traffic (there's an interstate highway between me and the train track) amplified in the train sound's absence?

And, again, I go back to "I've never heard this before", though I've lived here for a very long time. Unless this is exceedingly rare, that seems unlikely, and if it IS exceedingly rare, it seems disconcerting that it would have happened in Florida and North Dakota within a few days of each other.

I don't know, like I said, I'm pretty skeptical about this stuff, and I think some of the most esoteric explanations are unlikely, but simple meteorological explanations are also starting to seem unlikely.

For scientific purposes, about the only thing that I can contribute, apart from the testimony that the sounds were the same, is that both Florida and eastern North Dakota are very flat.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by outerlimits
"Ducting"? is this ducting?????????

www.youtube.com...

That's fabricated I'm afraid.. It's the NASA Jupiter sounds...

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join