It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We was in a severe weather watch this evening. Weather said we could get very large hail and very high winds.
It hit my area (rockcastle county Kentucky) around 6pm this evening. We had a down pour that lasted about 10 mins or less. It was lightening pretty bad but the wind wasn't real bad. And we had some pea size hail, but it didnt last very long at all.

When my husband heard the hail hit the window's he opened the kitchen door to look out. He said to me, come here and listen. I walked to the door and he said I have never heard thunder like that before..

The thunder was at a constant rumble for probably about 5 mins or more. I have never heard thunder like that myself. Not for that long of a duration. He just kept saying, I have never heard thunder for that long...
Don't know if this long duration of thunder has anything to do with the topic at hand, but it was very weird all the same....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Harmonic humming in Victoria BC

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aBlueRAY
Harmonic humming in Victoria BC

It is ongoing right now, I imagine the noises are of different frequency all over reported areas..

I need to find my mic and get a sample to upload!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
First time poster

Virginia, Northern Neck March 19, 2011: 7-8 PM est.

I heard and felt something I have never experienced before. It lasted for around 30 seconds. There was a bright flash and intense rumble, like that of a distant thunderstorm, not extremely loud but very powerful. Nothing out of the ordinary, except it didn't stop. A very low and steady earth shaking rumble. It certainly got my attention after ten seconds had elapsed, then it stopped. It felt more earthly than atmospheric. Very strange.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I remembered seeing this thread a while back - came back here to report that I heard the exact same noise about 2 hours ago perhaps, lasting about 5 solid minutes. It was so loud that I could hear (and feel it, like bass almost) the noise over the music blasting from my headphones. I live in London, Ontario.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have introduced ATS to my cousin who lives in WVa and she wrote me tonight that she has been hearing this sound and then she read about it on here. She said she would investigate further. She lives near Parkersburg, WVa.

Will keep you informed on her findings if she doesn't join up here to tell us herself.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AuWolf

Hi well I'm right off 129 and by pass 4. I have not heard this weird constant loud. thunder sound since. Well ok sure Ive heard thunder but in short spurts like tonights storm. My previous post was a whole different ball game. It was a clear night early this month and I kept going outside to see which way the storm was coming from ...but alas there was no storm. I figured from the sounds of it we needed to build an ark because it was non stop rumbling for like a half hour. So I blue it off really until I saw this thread. Also there was that really loud and quick jet engine sound.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
oh look still no video proof of this happening..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by winman137
reply to post by Nobama

Hey im just a reguler guy,i worked all day,and wanted to eat and go to bed,I posted because it happened,and it was unusaul enough for me to go out of my way to make a post,im not trying to prove anything,just comment on an extrordinary occurance that Ive never seen before in my lifetime. Im not some crackpot making false claims,I own a large business,and have better things to do with my time,I went out of my way to register and make a post because of the unique occurance I experienced

Thank you for your report and that of the many others here on this thread. You will never be able to satisfy people like "Nobama" -- they are not only close minded, but I strongly suspect that they are afraid of the unknown and therefore deny unusual occurrences like this every chance they get.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

pretty quick to defend yourself, that's usually a sign of one whose guilty...but yea sure good day sir.

I still know for a fact that the original video (one filmed in FL) is a Hoax as I have family in the EXACT location (as stated in my previous post a few pages back) and no one heard anything during the time that video was taken.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

I believe you are lying about knowing someone in that area. Hey, I'll tell you what -- you are demanding proof from people who are just trying to report what they've experienced, why not GIVE US PROOF that your family lives there? Later in this thread you've claimed there are no videos of these sounds. If you can't find them too bad since they are cropping up everywhere. You are yet another who, instead of denying ignorance, embraces it.

FYI to you and all the other fearful deniers demanding "proof" -- the people reporting this DON'T HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF, either to you, to me or anyone else. The purpose of this thread is not to prove anything. It is to compile reports from wherever these sounds are heard. If you want to gather proof, start your own thread.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

wut? if I was afraid of the unknown I wouldn't be on this site. I'm sorry I dont believe everything I hear on the internet, but do keep this in mind its the GD internet, anyone could easily lie and say anything they wanted to..

Please show me anywhere else where there are claims of this rumbling noise? I've only seen 3 threads on the same site and maybe 2 videos, if thats enough proof for you well good for you.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Not sure this is related, and to be honest I'm skeptical of the hums people hear, but there was a newsitem on the Dutch radio reporting about a hum heard in the province of Groningen (53.2193835, 6.5665018).
Natural gas is mined just above Groningen in the North Sea.

They reported about a hum between 50 and 150hz (if I'm correct) and not all people can hear it.
Of those that can hear it most are female.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I wanted to share my 2cents on this...I live in the Philippines and I heard and felt the same thing here. It was around 3 pm here. I thought maybe it was a tremor from the earthquake we had here a few days ago, but now I realize it happened everywhere. Glad I am not crazy or the only one who felt it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
We had a low level rumbling up in the North of Scotland on Tuesday night at about 0130hrs - 0200hrs. I know we normally have a freight train pass on a stretch of line about a mile from my house, however it had already passed by and was long gone.

No idea what the second rumbling could have been, as we only ever have that one freight train pass us by at night.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Portland Oregon checking in. Haven't been through all the pages, so sorry if its already been posted. I've had friends and family confirm with the florida video that they heard the same thing about a week ago. Between 4 people the times very, but everyone said they didn't start paying attention to it right away. I myself, I believe, was sleepingat the time so I heard nothing (I can sleep through a helicopter landing in my back field if its during the heaviest part of my sleeping).

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Uh i havent heard anything

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I apologize if my comments have been made by someone else already. I have read the first 21 pages of this thread, but it's just going too fast for me to keep up.

Anyway, a possible explanation could lay here: SUB-Urban Renewal ATS Thread

Also, I found this page QUITE interesting. It hasn't received any new reports for several months, but SOMEONE has been keeping track of these "SKY QUAKES" for quite a while.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I live in Indiana about 30 miles north of Louisville ky. 2 months ago I woke up in the middle of the night to a sound that was just like the Florida video sound. But it was not near as loud, yet still loud enough to wake me up. I laid in a bed a listened to it for about 3 min before getting up to check it out. Normally a jet going into Louisville makes a similar sound to what i heard, but only last for a couple mins getting quieter as it gets further away. However, the sound i heard on that nite was constant. I went outside to see if i could see anything. There were no storms in the area and it was a very clear nite. The ground was not shaking but this is probably because i was far away from where this was happing. Sounded like it was coming from the north of me. It lasted about a half hour then just stopped. I talked to my buddy at the police station the next day. They had also heard the noise but did not check into it. They just thought it was weird. I had not given it much thought till I saw this post on here about 4 days ago. And now i cant stop thinking about it. I have charged up my cameras if it happens again, i will get it on video i say everyone should get there stuff ready and do the same. If it is going on all over you never know it could happen to you. Keep your ears open. It may be farther away then the florida vid, but you could capture some good evidence. I wish my stuff was charged that night now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I live just outside Greenville, SC and I've heard this sound on more than one occasion, but none in the last couple of months. There is a lot of military traffic overhead in this area and some quite loud but this was just a long, continuous rumble/roar as if there was some gigantic aircraft circling overhead. The most striking thing about it is that it never faded away as it would if it'd been an aircraft. It seemed to stay in the same position although it was impossible to tell where it was coming from. It was a bit disorienting when standing outside because it was as if it were coming from everywhere.

Incidentally, I've also heard the "continuous thunder" that someone mentioned above. It sounded like a thunderstorm in an echo chamber. While very bizarre, it was definitely thunder and definitely not the same thing as the rumble everyone is hearing. They are two distinct, separate sounds.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join