It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Holy crap, other people in WV are reporting the rumble noise?

I was tempted to post a reply earlier to another thread regarding the noise, but considering I haven't a recording or video to back it up I decided not to pipe up...but I've heard it as well. I thought it might have been a train but when I saw the video from FL it was very reminiscent of what I heard.

I don't know if this is a common factor or not, but the noise I heard lasted for quite some time as well - it stopped about midway through a second episode of the show I was watching...so that's about 45 minutes.

I know I'm new, so please don't disregard my comment due to this.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I hear loud and long rumbling all the time at work, and at home. I have discovered that while I am at work, a distant plant that is located directly across from this location, but on the next large hill, is making those sounds, and at home what I am hearing is the chemical plant burning off God knows what early in the morning. I believe I read on the thread here that the sounds are being attributed to a phenomenon called 'ducting'.

If the atmospheric condition that causes superrefraction bends the beam equal to or more than the earth's curvature then a condition called ducting, or trapping, occurs. Ducting often leads to false echoes also known as anomalous propagation or simply AP.

I think the bigger question here is why is 'ducting' going on apparently around the world, what is causing the beam to have this anomalous curvature? It seemingly is happening more than usual. Or maybe we are just paying closer attention.

This link is very informative and interesting, you should all give it a read if you are truly interested in knowing what it is that folks are hearing, and try to come up with reasons for an increase in it.

www.srh.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My idea for an increase in the curvature of the beams on this particular evening, is the moon. I have seen and read about how the moon pulls on earth, actually causing it to stretch out towards it, mishaping the earth temporarily. It makes sense to me that the beam is following a natural curvature path, with the earth, only the earth isn't exactly round right now, hence the excess 'ducting', and widespread reports.

edit to add: Sorry guys, I am assuming that everyone here knows already about the perigree moon, it is still in process right now.
edit on 21-3-2011 by space cadet because: meh

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi
Any chance of someone compiling the locations of the rumbling on a map? It might give as a visual aid for recognizing a pattern.
There is another thread here talking about compasses being off as much as 20 degrees showing north to be kind of north east. Just off the top of my head, a lot of the locations people have reported their compasses being off related to the places strange rumbling was heard.

Very interesting. This is the first I have heard of multiple locations around the world, as well. I initially heard about this in this thread about Florida. Evidence of multiple locations would change my view that it could be related to the suggested natural gas well frac release.

If the OP can post all of the current links to prove that this has been heard recently in multiple locations, I will put them all on a map digitally and load it here.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can't help but think of LOST when I hear these reports. Is the sky turning purple? Is time moving backwards? Is anyone getting bloody noses?

(This was a joke, but I just realized that the things causing the "flashes" on LOST were caused by electromagnetic pulses, but now I'm just taking a t.v. show too seriously)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I can't help but think of LOST when I hear these reports. Is the sky turning purple? Is time moving backwards? Is anyone getting bloody noses?

(This was a joke, but I just realized that the things causing the "flashes" on LOST were caused by electromagnetic pulses, but now I'm just taking a t.v. show too seriously)

Sometimes writers (for both books and the screen) base their writings upon researched theories.
If I ever wanted to present all of my researched theories to the public, I would weave them into a story as well. People are more likely to read/watch it that way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
My idea for an increase in the curvature of the beams on this particular evening, is the moon. I have seen and read about how the moon pulls on earth, actually causing it to stretch out towards it, mishaping the earth temporarily. It makes sense to me that the beam is following a natural curvature path, with the earth, only the earth isn't exactly round right now, hence the excess 'ducting', and widespread reports.

edit to add: Sorry guys, I am assuming that everyone here knows already about the perigree moon, it is still in process right now.
edit on 21-3-2011 by space cadet because: meh

This is a brilliant theory.
I once read that the ground rises about four feet directly "beneath" the moon due to it's gravitational pull.

If This is enough to cause this low harmonic, then I think this makes the (Does the moon influence EQs) argument kind of moot.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I honestly did hear a noise like this yesterday, it was like a jet, but when I looked outside, nothing. The ground didn't rumble, that I felt but it was unlike any jet that usually comes over head. Weird a little I guess.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Has anyone kept track of the dates these independent reports were made ? I'd think it would only be significant if the events in different parts of the world happened very close together in time ...as in over a couple of days .
Maybe there are just some weird underground secret -project experiments going on. I'm not sure why this was posted in the aliens forum ???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

ETA: Mucked up link....sorry.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I have no idea the exact dates of these nor does it really matter. I just saw the one I posted so it's the "latest". This thread isn't about that, it's about what these sounds may mean.

Then it needs to be addressed in your OP.....most people reading that first post will assume it is the ' latest' ...meaning most recent surely??

You have been asked by a few people re this, so it IS important! To some at least!

And should this not all this info have been put in the existing thread?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am in Knoxville Tennessee and I can hear it as well as my neighbors. It is not as loud as in the other videos, but is definitely discernable from a common early morning here.

It has been going on for about 30mins. or more I could hear it through the walls, sounded like a soundsystem from a car. Just a very low pass rumbling bass/thunder

ok, as I am writing this it has just stopped, now I can hear something a bit different. wawawa type of noise, similar to when a boomerang is thrown.

Didn't get any video, don't have a camera phone, but I do not believe it would have picked up anyway, being it was so faint.

Now all noise has stopped entirely.

It started back before I could even post this thread just now, will update if it stops, gets more intense or changes patterns. Anyone else from the Knoxville/Alcoa/Maryville/Townsend/Sevier county area here that might confirm this?

OK, my neighbor is recording it now, will see if I can get the video from her in a few hours, hopefully something will be picked up on it,

What the heck is going on here?

I was hearing about the compasses being screwed up and it seems this strange noise is effecting the same general area as where the compasses were faulting

Dogs now going crazy throughout the subdivision...

edit on 21-3-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I cannot be sure because I live in the city. But I stepped outside to see if I could hear anything (I have a fan on and other white noise makers inside). And I think I heard a low harmonic hum similar to a rumble.
I asked my partner who has lived here longer and she (yes SHE, no comments please) said that she never noticed it before, so I think it may be new. IF it's the same things what others are hearing then that would be Oklahoma as well.

I doubt I could record it do to sound interference from the city around me.
edit on 3/21/11 by kylioneXsushi because: sp

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

It's possible what you are hearing is just the soft purr of the electrical grid in the city, which can be heard if there is not a lot of street traffic.

All the same, if it keeps up record it and post it up - the more stuff we can compare and contrast, the better.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MelvinTheMad

I suppose that would be possible, but calling Knoxville a city would be a gross error, =-)

In fact I live much closer to Gatlinburg, but would think you guys from the USA would be more familiar with Knoxville.

It is still going, but very faint and very constant,

strange

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

My post wasn't directed at you.

I have no idea what you heard, but as I have heard a similar sound as well I am keeping tabs on the subject.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If you search Twitter you can find some scattered reports of 'rumbling sounds'. I've seen updates from Philadelphia, Illinois, Chicago, to Jakarta and all the way to the Ivory Coast.

Keywords used: 'Ground shaking', 'loud rumbling', 'earth rumbling' and other variations.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MelvinTheMad

I apologize if you took me the wrong way.

I was assuming that for the soft buzz of a city to be taken as the explanation to many of these events, then each person would need to be near a city large enough to produce an audible artifact, such as what you describe.
edit on 21-3-2011 by esteay812 because: o

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents, for what it's worth...

I woke up the other night, I think it was a little after 4 a.m., to my dog barking like crazy. She was just standing in the living room, barking and barking, non-stop. I could hear a definite rumbling, low and deep, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. It sounded a bit like a very large jet, so I went outside to see if it was visible, but I could not see anything. I kept expecting it to get fainter as it moved away, but it was constant, just went on and on, for at least half an hour (I went back to sleep eventually, so I'm not sure how long it actually lasted). I had a hard time trying to get my dog to calm down, as the sound just kept going.

I live on Hawai'i, no factories or large industries anywhere near me, no large cities, very low population density. Occasionally military jets will fly over, and they can be loud, but the sound gets fainter as they move away. Like I said, this was continuous. I have no idea what it was.
edit on 21-3-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I didn't state that it explained all or any amount of the sounds - read the post I had replied to for context.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join