It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Holocaust-deniers bill passed in Knesset

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So much for free speech.. I mean granted, not that I agree w/ people who deny the Holocaust, but still .. free speech is free speech.

It's disconcerting to know that Americans might be deported to Israel just for exercising their right to free speech:

==============
Jul. 20, 2004 23:43
Global Holocaust-deniers bill passed in Knesset
By NINA GILBERT

Legislation that would make Holocaust-denial committed overseas an offense under Israeli legal jurisdiction was approved unanimously in first reading by the Knesset on Tuesday.

The passage of the measure would enable Israel to demand the extradition of Holocaust-deniers for prosecution.

The bill was drafted by MK Aryeh Eldad (National Union) as a move against former Palestinian Authority prime minister Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) for his doctoral dissertation 20 years ago in which he estimated that the Nazis killed less than a million Jews.

It is likely to serve as a deterrence against Holocaust-deniers visiting Israel, although the possibility of countries consenting to extradition on the offense is unlikely.

The legislation expands the territorial jurisdiction of the Israeli law against Holocaust-denying outside of it borders.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1090294696522&p=1006688055060
==============

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that no country is going to send one of its citizens over to Israel for prosecution. I see this more as a way to keep someone who writes articles etc from that point of view out of Israel. Very, uh, interesting plan, but an absolute waste of time in my humble opinion. People will say what they want. Who cares.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
if israel is sincere in its push for extradition of OTHER NATIONS CITIZENS (??!!) into the israeli penal system for saying the wrong thing about the holocaust, i say it will only lend credibility to people like david duke, and HIS ilk.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Again, it's pretty clear to me that there is no expectation of anyone sending their citizens to Israel to be tried for this, but rather the expectation that this is a way to keep such people out of Israel because if they come in they will be tried for it.

I don't say I agree with this plan but it's being far overblown. No one's extraditing anyone and I doubt anyone was expecting that in the first place.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
wow simply stupid.

now you they want to punish people for being ignorant. i think its hilarious to see people try to deny things that have been well documented, and while i do see how it can be a bother it isnt exactly a danger that is so great you need to take grave action against it.

israel and its government needs to get a life and get over itself.

if i want to deny the holocaust happened as some have said it happened or if i want to deny it ever happened at all i dare anyone and any government to stop me.

this is another case of israel doing itself more of an injustice than anything else. at some point you have to "let go" and move on. apparently some israelis are still living back in 1930's and 40's. if people want to deny it happened, let them, who cares!

how much longer is israel going to be allowed to use the "we're victims of the holocaust" card? cuz its wearing awfully thin for me. jeebus they arent the only people who fallen victim to genocide. which happens still in africa and yet noone says a word about it, not even fellow victims the israelis.

even victims can become victimizers in their own right. i know i see it with their miltary, the same tactics used on them they are using on palestinians. force them out of their homes, make them live in camps, take everything from them, even personal belongings...yeah i've seen all this before. old hat.

screw israel. they arent special.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would like to go on record as being a staunch, intransigent, incorrigible Hollowhoax denier. I formerly deny the Hollowhoax killed 6 million Jews in German concentration camps. Additionally, I proclaim the number of Jews who actually lost their lives in the concentration camps was far below 1 million souls. Further more, I say most of them died as a consequence of exposure, malnutrition, and disease, not deliberated maltreatment and torture.

So let it be written; so let it be done.

-- neomoniker

[edit on 23-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
how much longer is israel going to be allowed to use the "we're victims of the holocaust" card? cuz its wearing awfully thin for me. jeebus they arent the only people who fallen victim to genocide.

Probably until the last survivors and perpetrators die. After that it becomes the children of the victims and criminals, then the grandchildren, and eventually people stop caring. It's harder to feel sorry for the great-grandaughter living in a million dollar penthouse in Manhattan than it would be for the man with numbers tattooed on his arm. The guilt trip racket won't completely disappear, but it will be appropriately diminished.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
wow simply stupid.

i know i see it with their miltary, the same tactics used on them they are using on palestinians. force them out of their homes, make them live in camps, take everything from them, even personal belongings...yeah i've seen all this before. old hat.

screw israel. they arent special.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

You don't know what you are talking about.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is so dissimilar to the Holocaust that they cannot be compared in any meaningful way.

The Holocaust was the attempt by the Nazis and their partners to kill all the Jews. In the Holocaust a sovereign nation harnessed all the apparatus of their state to the goal of the mass systematic murder of a specific people.

More than anything else, the murder of the Jews stemmed from Nazi racial ideology. According to that ideology, the Jews were an evil race, whose very existence endangered Germany and all of human civilization. The Nazi crusade against the Jews was not focused on winning tangible gains, such as land and other wealth from the Jews. Its goal was to rid the world of the supposed pernicious influence of the Jews.

The Nazis systematically murdered Jews in shooting actions and by gas in specially designed gas chambers in extermination camps. In the ghettos, camps and slave-labor installations under the Nazis, hundreds of thousands of Jews were also brutally worked to death. The end result was the murder of some 6 million Jews.

The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is not racial; it is political and territorial. It is a struggle between two people for sovereignty.

Do yourself a favour and learn about the shoa.

Yad Vashem

Rebekka

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree,let them deny it who cares what they think and yes there is evidence that maybe it was not 6 million but it dosent matter because it did still happen. Our society has become a place wher people make a very good living off being victims of some atrocity look at Jessie Jackson or any number of others. Racisim is there living and they will do what ever they can to keep it alive and well.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38

Our society has become a place wher people make a very good living off being victims of some atrocity look at Jessie Jackson or any number of others.

factfinder,

this can't be compared to nazi death camps survivers.

Rebekka

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Riwka]

new topics

top topics

join