It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
serious question now, yea what these guys did was one of the worst things ive ever heard

now they are soldiers in HARMS way they can't trust a single person over there, a friend of mine was over there with the marines when they were sent in, he told me a story of when they were patroling a village and a little kid probably no more then 8 or 9 years old walked up to one of his buddies hugged him and then they both vanished because the kid #ing blew up.

the # that these people do to not only americans overseas BUT anyone they get there hands on that has to do with western culture is even worse, they burn them hanging on bridges, they cut there #ing heads of on live t.v. with absolutley no remorse what so ever

one more thing the person who posted id love to have a minute with each one of them so i could give them a thing or two, you would get your ass handed to you in a brown paper bag

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffmarble

Now back to the original thread The picture it does show looks extremely old and if they are army there definitely not average soldiers. The DCU uniform has been out of the army standard uniforms for a while now no one with exception of SF would be allowed to wear it. I doubt SF is wearing it because the uniform was prone to ripping(cheap stitching)
So it leads me to three possible options
1 Old picture possibly beginning of the war or not afghan at all and actually a Iraq photo
2 SF team, Seal, CIA SAD, british or another nation sf team
3 faked by Iran wouldn't be the first time they pulled something like this

edit on 21-3-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

Did you not bother to read the article? It says the soldiers on trial were part of a "rogue" Stryker unit. Why does it have to be recent? Do you think they just took the 4000 photos over the past few days? Iranian propaganda, in a UK news paper report (and supported by Die Spiegal)? What nonsense.

CommandantLassard-
These people are terrorists, and they want to kill you and your family and everything that you know.

Holy war lies, batman!

minnow329-
This is turning into vietnam. These dudes have no idea what they're fighting for and their focus has gone astray

That's right. This is purely an offensive war. There was no real defensive reason to invade and occupy Afghanistan. The Taliban ARE NOT Al Qaeda, regardless if Al Qaeda even exists in the first place.

The whole Afghan invasion was fueled by the US government preaching vengence for 9/11. It was nothing but lies; Afghanistan was planned all along to be just a foothold towards Iraq and Iran (as evidenced by PNAC).

I guess this is what happens in a war waged under false pretenses and lies- terror and tragedy.

The Soviets did the same thing. Mind you that they did first invade Afghanistan to support the Afghan communist party that was under seige from CIA-backed insurgents (oh, the irony
). In the later years, the Soviets got fed up with the mujahideen and they sent in the spetsnaz into rebel villages where there was widespread massacre and torture.

It wasn't about the communist party anymore, it was about killing rebels, which only produces more rebels until the whole country eats you alive.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
People/soldiers have been cutting scalps, ears,etc. for HUNDREDS OF YEARS NOW.
Yes, it's terribly wrong and horrid, but what are you really mad at?

The world is mad only because they're American soldiers.
I know they will get what they deserve for conducting such horrendous acts, but
it just upsets me that the world thinks EVERY single military servicemember in the US is like that.

Just because a handful of soldiers have sick minds like that, doesn't mean the whole military and goverment is the same way.

It's just so sad that we have people like that, but it's not the first time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah, these are Americas Finest alright.
I wish I had a few mins alone with them, one at a time.
You know, so we could talk things out.

Disgusting pieces of garbage.
I can only hope that Karma decides to remove them from this Earth in the same way.
I am tired of these pieces of **** breathing my air.

LoL You want a few minutes with them alone just to get your ass whooped by a soldier?
Not a smart move.
You wouldn't do anything in the presence of these soldiers. Sit down nerd.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
To all the people who think these sociopaths have done nothing wrong... I cant wait till they finish in Afghanistan and move back into your neighbourhoods... and you know.... maybe go on to take up a job near your workplace or your kids schools.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

hey i feel like everyone person who posted on here is agreeing that YES these guys did something wrong and will get what comes to them from the UCMJ

NOT all soldiers are like these guys

plus i would feel safer if i knew my neighbor once served for my country

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
To all the people who think these sociopaths have done nothing wrong... I cant wait till they finish in Afghanistan and move back into your neighbourhoods... and you know.... maybe go on to take up a job near your workplace or your kids schools.

Yup.
My brother went on tour in four countries and he's pretty normal.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A team like this could only be made up of psychopaths. Why then does it surprise anyone that they're celebrating murder and then lying to cover it up?
edit on 21-3-2011 by JosephJohnson because: .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Good for him. But you do understand who I was referring to, right?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

im curious to know who you are referring to because in your previous post it sounds like you are referring to ALL service men and women

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I served two tours in Iraq. Whoever stated their military friend was given pills to make war surreal? What a joke. War in itself is surreal. When you have people shooting at you, you would be surprised how quick your response is. Taking pictures of the carnage and killing civilians are two different things. I have no pictures, just a few journals, and a bullet out of the chamber of each person I made. Trophy? If you consider it that way. When you get pinned down and watch them drag your friends dead body into a car and drive off, you tend to take your trophies as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Obviously, I am referring to the "Kill Team" mentioned in this thread title. And no.... I am not saying everyone serving in the US forces are cold blooded killers.

BUT... this is not the first time I have come across news reports like this one. I have also read so many comments from people (on so many forums) who simply cannot grasp that brutalizing civilians in a foriegn land is NOT part of the combat mission they were sent there for (regardless of how justified it is).

Their argument is usually along the lines of "oh, but these guys are in enemy territory and are at risk at any given point of time". Well, news flash : You walk into a place like Afghanistan dressed like a soldier, firing at their people, you can expect to be at risk, at any given point of time.
And thanks to the acts of these brutes, the "good" soldiers there are going to be facing off against an enemy ticked off x 1000 times.

Atrocities like this one usually end up as propaganda that the "enemy" uses to recruit new members.

edit on 21-3-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

good to know im not the only person on here who is either joining or in the military

my buddy was in the Stan for just a year and said it was the worst thing hes ever been to in his life, i feel for you man

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by legalizeit

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

I agree mate..
There's over 100.000 troops..
No one can expect there not to be a few rouges..
Yes it tarnishes the rest but it's far from unexpected..
Seems the military is doing what it should and prosecuting these scumbags..

Ya .. it's 'all good' and 'normal' until is someone else's kids and families that get killed ...
What would you guys do if this was your family that someone was torturing and killing ..? and that too .. right here in the good ol' USA ! ..

What would your position be if this was happening to your mang other people in your town and country ...? senseless killings .. what would you do if your wife was walking your kids to school one day .. and they get bombed by a remote controlled drone from above ..?
cowards sitting far away in a control center .. not even having the courage to fly the plane themselves .. use a joy stick to kill your family for no reason ... yup it's 'all good' .. until it's your turn..

War is war. it doesnt matter where it is, what started it, or what the outcome was PLANNED to be. war is war. its bad, its evil, and think any war can be won is stupid. both side suffer, because the people suffer. the soldiers suffer on both sides. There is nothing civil about being occupied, not in a time of war. the blood shed will be there. Its called war.

But now to these cowards you spoke of. You mean the soldiers operating the equipment right. the cowards on the joy stick right......well...they do their job I guess. but hell if you require an actual aircraft heck take your pick, they are just as leathal. doesnt matter. We have technology and we use it. The coward however is the guy sitting at home saying this and that about whats going on but has yet to do anything honorable in his/her country. Dont talk about it, be about it. Or are you a coward?

I can see you're one of those troll cowards who argues without any sense ...
Like I said ... people like YOU would not understand until it happens to YOU personally .. until then .. keep talking .. life will teach you a lesson about the value of life eventually ..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Newsflash, this happens in every city in america.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
you tend to take your trophies as well.

Why not off the liars who sent you out so as to enrich their friends and colleagues the banksters, instead you take the easy way out and get revenge on some under equipped third worlders who think they are protecting their country from Satan, tough guy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

dude they dont look to us as satan they look at ANYONE who isnt MUSLIM as evil and either deserves to convert to islam and if they dont then they should die

how in any right way is that justified huh

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
From the source:

US soldiers posing with the dead bodies of defenceless Afghan civilians they killed.

Before you all get your panties in a bunch, this is just hear say. No photos as viable evidence has been submitted. Further, the above quote should be a huge red flag? How does the OP much less the author of the article no for a fact that these individuals were defenseless? This sounds more like to me as propaganda....biased BS.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whether the pics are real or not, I believe the original poster made mention of a "rogue" element of US military forces? I take "rogue" to mean these soldiers where not acting on orders from their command structure. And if those of you who wish to bad mouth "US military foces" have served on active duty, in a combat environment under intensely stressful situations; if you have, then speak your peace. If you have not, than pehaps you should remain on the sidelines and just read posts like these, with little or "NO" comment. To witness a close friend get blown to pieces or to be there at the airport as the flag drapped coffin is off-loaded from a plane might have an affect on you which you didn't think it would. Turning you into a vengeful, murderous killing machine; completely going against your countries values without regard to justice and honor. These things I've witnessed first hand. So don't judge an "entire" country based on the illegal activities of a "rogue" element of its military. And please don't speak on things you have no experience with. War is a lot more "hell" then so many people realize. It does things to men, women and children in which only many years of treatment in a mental health facility could possibly hope to reverse. But please remember that word "rogue" when you read or hear of things like this attrocity. Please...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join