It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You want a few minutes alone with guys that torture people? You think that you would last a few minutes? Who really cares. These people are terrorists, and they want to kill you and your family and everything that you know. But you want to sort it out with a few soldiers, because you only need a few minutes with each of them one at a time. Right. Think about what is going on in the big picture. A few civilians or for that matter civilians period will die during aggressive conflicts. It is not a matter of who or why it is done, just the fact that it will happen. They contain intellegence, and we needed that info. So what, if the roles were reversed, they would have been videotaping them chopping the heads off of our soldiers.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Might want to check that link- it leads to an ad to buy computer software....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Here is a pdf. file that contains some [2 out of 4000] pictures. [Caution. extremely bad taste. viewer discretion advised. At your own risk! Oh and its in German so any translations greatly welcomed.]

Der Spiegel (pdf.) [dl.dropbox.com]

Aljazzera also displays the picture in this article...

US soldiers posed with dead Afghan (Source: Agencies Last Modified: 21 Mar 2011 10:30) [english.aljazeera.net]

Personal Disclosure: I scoured the internets hardcore to find this for ATS! I even had some funny business going such as this....

publicintelligence.net... m-posing-with-murdered-afghan-civilians/

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

Oh by the way....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Not that it justifies their actions, but before everyone gets on their high horse about American troops being "disgusting monsters":

British troop atrocities:www.dailymail.co.uk...

Canadian troop atrocities: query.nytimes.com...

Australian troop atrocities: www.wsws.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Explanation: St*rred.

From the link about Australian soldiers that your post provided...

At the same time, real responsibility for the atrocities that have been committed by Australian troops in Afghanistan lies with those political leaders who sent them there.

Personal Disclosure: Doesn't this all go back to a CIA trained and funded Mujahideen that were the origins of the 9/11 terrorist attack???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is turning into vietnam. These dudes have no idea what they're fighting for and their focus has gone astray

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

It is a huge deal when the president says he's sending in troops to fight tyranny and spread peace and democracy.

Oh the hypocrisy..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
When the outcome of a war makes no difference in the lives of the men and women who fight in it, what do you expect? I think it's a waste of time and money to "prosecute" people who kill other people in a war.

How redundant can you get?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had a friend who came back from Iraq and she was saying the military gives you pills everyday to take. She said that they never said what they were, but what they did was make war seem like it was surreal. She remembers laughing at a dead body, but in no way was that who she was. It makes people immune to the casulities of war. Might be a reason why they would do such a thing, standing next to a deer you just shot is a prize photo, not a human you just shot, horrible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't believe in god. My whole family are Muslims. The reason why I don't believe in god is because of events like these that show you that all those prayers people been doing lead to nothing. (I'm not trying to influence you don't worry) However, I do believe in something; Karma.

I believe in karma like I believe in emotions. No matter what bad thing you do, karma will get you. So I'm not worried about this because I know that karma will serve these men somehow. Somehow, I know karma will serve them in a crucial manner that will make them regret the things they did.

These men are an excuse for society. And now, how do you want other people to portray America? Reading news such as this will make others believe that all Americans are heartless and rude. I live in Canada, but i'm more involved in U.S politics than with any other country. I know a lot of Americans, but do you really want others to think all Americans are like this?

This is sad, really sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Did you not clearly read rouge?

The US has collapsed culturally and morally. Tis good Canada still has those things. but again, blame not the entire US population and armed forces on the actions of one small group of rouge soldiers.

They are on trial are they not? They will get the death penalty will they not?

So then, what is wrong? Are you expecting people of uniform to be statistically different in behavior from the general populous?

Nay sir. The army is the populous, and so has the same statistics. until the US recovers from its cultural death, this will be a skeleton in the closet, however most are not this way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Obama should be put on trial for this since he is the Commander in Chief. We are putting trial the small fries when it should be Obama who should be arrested for this crime.

Yeah, make it all about Obama, and not the actions of the troops who were involved. Jeez, people will clutch at whatever straws they can find...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

Thanks for the update, Dick Cheney.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow329

I agree to an extent. I respect US and UK soldiers greatly and the stress of war is a lot for anyone to endure. However the young American soldiers seem to be psycologically unprepared for war compared to the the UK troops (many who also joing the army after leaving school at just 16 years old)

I think maybe the way the US army recruits is made to attract a different type of person who thinks of the experience being more like a game instead of a dangerous profession. When I first joined the territorial army in the UK from the start we were explained the reasons for why we were there and how the goal was to help free the population from the oppression of the taliban and other similar threats. It seems the young US soldiers seem to think that the civilian population have symathy for the taliban and actually they are just scared. When they come into a town and ask for something the population are too scared to refuse to help them, yet I've seen many US soldiers angrily asking why they let them stay there etc.

I want to point out that I am talking about a small minority and I believe the majority of US soldiers to be good people with their hearts in the right place, just that the minority of younger troops acting in the way I have described seems higher than it should be. Im aware british troops have commited atrocities, but I believe these are much more uncommon and that our military reports them more where as the US covers up more of these incidents.

In war there will always be atrocities and people will snap or become excessively violent. I think a lot of it has to do with recruiting the wrong kind of people or probably more to do with not teaching them to respect other people other than themselves. I think In the British army this has been taken the othjer extreme where there has been emphesis on being 'over friendly' in some circumstances depriving our troops of airstrikes and artillery for example when they are in deep sh*t to ensure there is no property damage in the combate area. This imo isnt acceptable to risk a soldiers life for. I do believe the US policy is too far in the othert direction though, leading to younger, more impressionable troops to be overly aggressive which sometimes gets directed at the wrong people as the general population are wrongfully seen as taliban collaborators. The army need to show that the enemy are not the Afgan people and that we need the peoples support to make progress.

This case though is obviously due to some sick people wanting a thrill. If some of these ideas were made clear however they may have understood how unacceptable that sort of behavour is and not engaged in it for fear of being caught.

Anyway Im sure im guna get some abuse from this but I wanted to say it anyway.Im not bashing the entire US army by any means like this, imtalking about a minority from what I have seen.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wish I had some of my Nephews pictures he secreted home during first Gulf War. Some of them were closeups of Iraqi vehicles and dead soldiers but some were trophy shots. The Army kind of frowns on battlefield pictures. His was all film but I would imagine kids today with digital camera and computers could get shots home easier.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah, these are Americas Finest alright.
I wish I had a few mins alone with them, one at a time.
You know, so we could talk things out.

Disgusting pieces of garbage.
I can only hope that Karma decides to remove them from this Earth in the same way.
I am tired of these pieces of **** breathing my air.

Well, if I may start off by saying that I dont condone what they have done. It is bad bad bad and Im sure they will be tried for it according to UCMJ.

Now as far as you having a few minutes alone with them I would seriously reconsider that request.

1. This happened in Kandahar. That place is very very dangerous! They bad Afghani's there attack our soldiers every chance they get. From IED's, to VIED's to suicide bombers. It happens every day. These soldiers see their friends AKA brothers and sisters get killed all the time. That is war. After you have experianced that many many times it will have an effect on you. You can tell the soldiers who have experianced it. That one hundred mile stare. The deafening sound of these explosions will rip your soul right out of you. The sniper fire will push you clear over the edge. And seeing you friend get blown to bits in front of your face will completely deplete every capablitly of making tears for the rest of your life.

Judging from your comments im sure you have experianced this first hand. These soldiers leave the FOB knowing there is a 50- 50 chance they will be coming back in peices. to be delivered to their families for a closed casket funeral.

All of this you already know.

Combat can turn a man or woman into the very devil they are fighting. His play ground is full of death right there in your face. everyday. there are no breaks.

So go ahead and have your moment with them one at a time. I can tell you one thing though. If you are not ready to bring absolute hell into the fight, you will lose.

Again, i dont condone their behavior. But i do recognize thier ability to do such acts. You cant just get up off the couch and do that. Yeah alot of people talk it, but until you have a mortor land beside you and knock the piss out you, you aint saying nothing.

They will get there time in court. They will be tried, judged, and sentenced. I wish they had made better decisions but we live with our choices and thats that.

So much more ide like to say....but its not the place or the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Faruk

Faruk, what about he karma associated with militant Muslims, and radical islamists? Will there be unyielding karma for them as well? I understand that the US is the focal point, but what about the lack of respect for these countries which also perpetuate the hate and rhetoric of fanaticism? Should they just be able to go on unabashed?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
how many other attrocities have these child murdering scumbags comitted off camera ..
God bless the world and protect us from usa foriegn policy

As for Cannuck, British & Aussie stuff, lets not forget the nation that brought us this war on freedom ...USA
edit on 21-3-2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommandantLassard
reply to post by Screwed

You want a few minutes alone with guys that torture people? You think that you would last a few minutes? Who really cares. These people are terrorists, and they want to kill you and your family and everything that you know. But you want to sort it out with a few soldiers, because you only need a few minutes with each of them one at a time. Right. Think about what is going on in the big picture. A few civilians or for that matter civilians period will die during aggressive conflicts. It is not a matter of who or why it is done, just the fact that it will happen. They contain intellegence, and we needed that info. So what, if the roles were reversed, they would have been videotaping them chopping the heads off of our soldiers.

Hey CommandantLassard,

Let it go with MR. GIVE-ME-A-FEW-MINUTES-ALONE-WITH-THESE GUYS!

I have come to realize that although soldiers may make mistakes, and the some of the very people that these soldiers serve to protect speak donw on soldiers as if they are the scum of the earth. But you know what should war come to their door steps. Should there families be threaten by another country, with their own bad azz soldiers then I say THEN they will want our soldiers to be bad azz.

lol

its funny...hahahaha they think soldiers can just turn it on and turn it off. I tell you what if this dude deployed 4 times in the past 7 years he would totally inderstand. But hey i guess its easy to be a soldier through MSN, NBC,BBC and all the other news channels. ..hahahaha Heck lets play some modern warfare on PS3 or some HALO on Xbox (i love halo btw). its the same isnt it, ISNT IT!

Its nice to sit on a nice comfey couch. Enjoy. be mad, at the soldiers, curse them! in the mean time inbetween time, those soldiers are doing what they have been trained to do. And if you ever need them- you better hope they been trained to do just that-their job.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join