It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
As wrong as it is, it helps further prove Obamas control over the media. It was all Bushs fault when Abu Graib happened, how come Obama isn't being crucified for this? Seems he's bombing Libya, killing people indiscrminantly in Afganistan through acts like this and drones, we're still in Iraq, and this nutcase gets a pass. It really is telling........................killing of this order is o.k. if you're a Dem.

The reason Obama is not being crucified as of yet, is because the truth hasn't come out yet.

We are all playing along with the show right now.

Remember where you get your news and information from.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
anyone wondering who the putz was omar,

get out more.

i still don't by the bs of kill pics with civi's.

i suggest a trolling going on.

it just occurred to me how these idiots get away with posting some of the crap i see here and i get slapped for responding to that crap.

i will make a thread.
edit on 22-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Wow, pretty smart post

First of all, I know who Mullah Omar is. I was being sarcastic while pointing out that the US was all gung ho to invade Afghanistan to go after Osama for 9/11.

Secondly, who cares if you don't buy the story? It's reported by a lot of top news services and there's photos available.

You call me an idiot for posting this? Excuse me. It's only being reported all over the place and it has all to do with this message board.

You know what? I think I'm just going to go ahead and put the time in to call you down from whatever high place you think you are in. Do you think this is the first time such stories of American atrocities in the "war on terror" have been published? Do you think this is the first time that "rouge" American soldiers have murdered civilians, planted weapons on them and then even bothered to take photos of it? This has happened dozens of times, and is documented. American troops are on trial and have been persecuted for this activity, SO IT IS A PROVEN FACT.

Maybe if you bothered to read the article, you would clearly see that the soldiers involved in this incident ARE ALL BEING TRIED IN AMERICAN MILITARY COURT. There is no bloody doubt that this happened, the evidence is all there, so what do you expect to gain from claiming it is all lies and crap that should not be posted? Explain that to me if you're so smart.

maybe if everyone cuts the crap

we can get on in this world.

we just want to sit in front of a 68" flat screen and eat junk food.

work and have a nice life.

like you all? like anyone else?

what this has to do with the op, still don't believe it.

You talk as if you are some dumb drone, defending his hive and the hierarchy.

You don't believe the news article in the OP? Well who cares. The news article is covering a US military trial, so whatever disagreement you have with the facts are moot.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If god exists, I personally think he must be getting tired from bitchslapping the hell out of a lot of people that cross to his realm. Unless he is like shiva and has a bunch of arms

edit on Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:56:51 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatwasthat

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by Amdusias

Who the hell is Mullah Omar?

I thought the coalition officially went to Afghanistan with their enemy commanders being Osama bin-Ladin and Al Zwahiri.

Mullah Omar was the head of the Afghan Government when he acknowledged Osama bin-Ladin and his crowd were in Afghanistan training to go out into the world and do bad things. He became famous for saying he was powerless to reign in Osama because he was Mullah Omar's guest and as a good muslim host he could not control or evict his guest.

Are you aware this same line of thought has saved wounded soldiers in the past? U.S. soldiers mind you, saved when wounded and protected by people in these countries. So it isn't something he's simply come up with as an excuse. I think its a prime example of how the people in Afghanistan know the path the Taliban have gone down now isn't a positive one. Yet they still understand that when they form government they are still going to have to live with these people.

As i've noted earlier. I believe they need to start communicating. These people are painted as though they can not be reasoned with, but they can. I don't agree with the laws they may want to put in place. Yet through internal debate, just as with any nations government. These issues can be worked out and a resolution can be met. I think the U.S./Coalition forces should feel themselves lucky Omar never fully rallied the forces they could command. 50-100,000 men coming there way could've made this one of the bloodiest campaigns in history.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
reply to post by GovtFlu

I'm refering to the '' flock '' as you say with sarcasm that fought for it before you, myself, and everyone else you know was even a sperm trickle. You should thank whatever you worship for that.

You think your the only one that has to deal with police or '' threatned '' lol. Try dealing with them after Katrina then come and talk to me.

I'm not here to debate Taliban and Afghan freedoms, cause frankly they don't give a damn whether we live or die.
((snip))

You made a statement about "fighting for freedom" that happens to be a stale & false cliche that hasn't been applicable since maybe WWII... Iraqi & Afghanis literally do not threaten my freedoms.. Looks to me like they're in the way of oligarch / banker profits & designs..

I served, I get it.. if you want to root for the troops because they're from the "home team", or you relate & empathize.. great.. but false cliches and phony patriotic justifications based on fantasy just sound cheesy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

It makes me so mad when people bring up that cliche "fighting for our freedom". They may believe they are fighting for our freedom, but they have been lied to. If they really want to fight for our freedom they should be storming DC, the ones that have been pissing on our freedoms for a long ass time now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by JAGx1981
reply to post by GovtFlu

I'm refering to the '' flock '' as you say with sarcasm that fought for it before you, myself, and everyone else you know was even a sperm trickle. You should thank whatever you worship for that.

You think your the only one that has to deal with police or '' threatned '' lol. Try dealing with them after Katrina then come and talk to me.

I'm not here to debate Taliban and Afghan freedoms, cause frankly they don't give a damn whether we live or die.
((snip))

You made a statement about "fighting for freedom" that happens to be a stale & false cliche that hasn't been applicable since maybe WWII... Iraqi & Afghanis literally do not threaten my freedoms.. Looks to me like they're in the way of oligarch / banker profits & designs..

I served, I get it.. if you want to root for the troops because they're from the "home team", or you relate & empathize.. great.. but false cliches and phony patriotic justifications based on fantasy just sound cheesy.

Yeah I get it too. I figured that would be the response I would get, but I agree with you to a certain point in the realm of cliche. Our values instilled in us in the name of freedom is the reason why we have our freedom and power.

My entire family in generations has served, even now, but I am not one of these people that come on here and discuss things I have done to make myself look like a hero. I keep those moments to myself.

Your right they are not threatning our freedoms, not now, but nothing lasts forever, thats not me just saying that, thats what history tells us and we one day will have to. Thats just a fact of reality, maybe not in our lifetime, or maybe so. hmmmm...

Cliches are phony and cheesy and boring, but that doesn't mean their meaning doesn't mean something to some.

If we had youtube in Vietnam you would see way worse on both sides of the line, but now this generation is in meltdown and be rest assured this wont be the last time you will see this horrors re-emerge.

It's all good bro, you can calm down.

edit on 22-3-2011 by JAGx1981 because: missed an f'n ''I''

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
This is why I root on the Afghanis and Iraqis and applaud every bomb in the road that takes out some of those murderers.

WTF! Please tell me you are not American! Am I understanding correctly that you want american soldiers to die? Is that what your saying. You want us dead?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by GovtFlu

It makes me so mad when people bring up that cliche "fighting for our freedom". They may believe they are fighting for our freedom, but they have been lied to. If they really want to fight for our freedom they should be storming DC, the ones that have been pissing on our freedoms for a long ass time now.

I agree with everything you said except that last line for reasons I won't get into.

I am well into my military career, closer to retirement then most here who claim to be soldiers I imagine. I have spent almost 7 years being deployed and most of those was in Iraq and am in the process of trying to go back. The one thing that I have come acrossed many, many, many times is civilians who thank me for fighting for their freedom.

The truth is I haven't fought for your freedom in my whole career.

You have your freedom and its not in any jeopardy of being taken away. Every decade there is a group of people who claim our freedoms are being taken away and yet we still have them. In 50 years there will be another batch of people still making the same statement. I have no problem with those who make these claims, because it is part of your freedom to make such claims.

You ask any old soldier what we fight for and I would venture to say that the mass majority of them would say we are here to protect your freedom and we fight for the freedom of those who can't protect it themselves.

Now you ask any young soldier and they will claim they are fighting for your freedom. That isn't because the recruiter told them so. Its because most civilians get the words protecting and fighting confused. Like any young soldier will do when they first put on the uniform, they let it go to their heads and they get a rude awakening. That rude awakening comes from the old dogs who put them in their place when we hear crap like "fighting for our freedom" coming out of their mouths.

Yes our young soldiers are being lied to, but a vast majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of well meaning civilians. Blame them, not the military for the lies being told.

By the way, next time you see a soldier, don't thank them for their service, we really hate that. That is not sarcasm either.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

reply to post by GovtFlu

I agree with everything you said except that last line for reasons I won't get into.

I am well into my military career, closer to retirement then most here who claim to be soldiers I imagine. I have spent almost 7 years being deployed and most of those was in Iraq and am in the process of trying to go back. The one thing that I have come acrossed many, many, many times is civilians who thank me for fighting for their freedom.

You have your freedom and its not in any jeopardy of being taken away. Every decade there is a group of people who claim our freedoms are being taken away and yet we still have them. In 50 years there will be another batch of people still making the same statement. I have no problem with those who make these claims, because it is part of your freedom to make such claims.

You ask any old soldier what we fight for and I would venture to say that the mass majority of them would say we are here to protect your freedom and we fight for the freedom of those who can't protect it themselves.

Now you ask any young soldier and they will claim they are fighting for your freedom. That isn't because the recruiter told them so. Its because most civilians get the words protecting and fighting confused. Like any young soldier will do when they first put on the uniform, they let it go to their heads and they get a rude awakening. That rude awakening comes from the old dogs who put them in their place when we hear crap like "fighting for our freedom" coming out of their mouths.

Yes our young soldiers are being lied to, but a vast majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of well meaning civilians. Blame them, not the military for the lies being told.

By the way, next time you see a soldier, don't thank them for their service, we really hate that. That is not sarcasm either.

I have had that happen to me and it is true, but you made my point for me. The use of that phrase is more of a state of mind, a motto, but like I said, to millions of Americans they believe that and if believing in that makes them sleep easier and appreciate the US military work put forth then i see nothing wrong with it.

If someone wants to be against that, thats THEIR freedom of speech.

So im done discussing this, because it truly is pointless, because everyone is going to have their own unique opinions that won't be swayed, including myself, and I dont have the desire to get into a full blown debate on something that has NOTHING to do with what this thread was born for.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

That means alot coming from someone who has done things to make himself look like a hero.

It really does.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

reply to post by GovtFlu

Sometime I wonder if we should have a military force at all. According to most of the people on this thread. It was stated here that "we are nothing but murderers", "we should die", "we are not fighting for any freedoms". So lets go with that. I say bring all the soldiers home (even though they would probably be persecuted at home for having been a soldier to begin with.) Dismantle all armed forces, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard. Thats right no more Armed Forces. We will only concern ourselves with matters of the state. Not concerned with any other country. No allies ( because we couldnt help anyway).....lol But this is what the people want. No Armed Services. Now here are the rules. IF by chance we should get invaded The people CANNOT ask for Armed Forces to be assembled. Every man for himself. If you have fire arms at home then your good to go for awhile. You would probably stand a better chance forming up in groups though. More than likely an invasion would be by a military force so your regular civillian would need some type of training to counter act the ensuers. Oh yeah and communication would be key. So someone would have to lead. And the leaders would have to orginize. Oh and non of this will matter without discpline so screening will have to be done, after all not everyone is cut out to do protection, dont worry about the freedom it will always be there. so moving on. Now, im sure top officials in the governement will be protected, but the average civilian will not be. But hey every man for him self. ALL in all the irony of it all would be someone asking " how did they get here, how come nobody stopped them?" ANd the answer would be" well the government knew about it but they had no way to stop it in attackees' land, we could have stopped them in the air but, we got rid of the airforce. we could have stopped their ships but, we got rid of the navy, we could have stopped them before they got on the beach but, we got rid of the coast guard,we could have stopped them at the beach head, but, we go rid of the marines, we could have stopped them before they got to our front doors but, we got rid of the army, marines, navy, and airforce. So what do we do now? I guess we the people have to form a militia......lol. which leads to what?....lol...a military...hahaha

Oh and by the way some of the people you choose to help you with protection, will let you down. Not all of them but a few of them will do things that are just wrong. it will happen. well because people are not perfect, and prone to make mistakes. But hey let he who has not sined cast the first stone!......waiting waitingggg...come onnnnn..I know theres one person our there who is perfect ( lol i know i just open the door for every smart azz on ATS to chime in reguarding their perfection....lol)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

The people in Iraq never asked the US for help. They never bagged the US to invade them.

The Afghan people never asked for US help. The Afghan people never bagged the US to invade them.

The US bagged the UN if they could invade Iraq.

The US blamed the Afghan people for 911. So they invaded Afghanistan and are killing Afghans as a punishment.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The people in Iraq never asked the US for help. They never bagged the US to invade them.

The Afghan people never asked for US help. The Afghan people never bagged the US to invade them.

The US blamed the Afghan people for 911. So they invaded Afghanistan and are killing Afghans as a punishment.

The US Soldiers didnt make the decision to invade Afghanistan.
The US Soldiers didnt make the decision to invade Iraq
The US Soldiers didnt beg to enter Iraq or Afghansistan for that matter.

Your issue should be with TPTB.

Now as far as the soldiers do go, they all are held to a high degree of professionalism. Unfortunately some of them fail and do horrible things.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

The US Soldiers didnt make the decision to invade Afghanistan.
The US Soldiers didnt make the decision to invade Iraq
The US Soldiers didnt beg to enter Iraq or Afghansistan for that matter.

Your issue should be with TPTB.

Now as far as the soldiers do go, they all are held to a high degree of professionalism. Unfortunately some of them fail and do horrible things.

The US soldiers are professional killers who fallow orders. They don't have much professionalism at all when it comes to any of the causes they are fighting for.

If these soldiers had any professionalism at all, they would not have gone to war based on lies. The majority of US soldiers stationed in Iraq didn't actually know why they were there. Is that professionalism?

If you don't know why you are fighting, you don't know what your goals are. Is that professionalism?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I read your response to my post and have no idea why you responded to me. As far as I can tell your post is just a bunch of rambling sarcasm nonsense about shutting down the military.

I see that you put in a lot of work on it and hope someone can make sense out of it so all that work doesn't go wasted.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I can't help but think that this the result of the US army's policy of recruiting low IQ cannon fodder, to then psychologically breakdown and rebuild as emotionless killers.
I imagine that this kind of behaviour is endemic in the troops, but these guys happened to get caught.

The men involved aren't really to blame, it's the system. They're scapegoats for a much, much bigger problem.

edit on 25-3-2011 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The US soldiers are professional killers who fallow orders. They don't have much professionalism at all when it comes to any of the causes they are fighting for.

If these soldiers had any professionalism at all, they would not have gone to war based on lies. The majority of US soldiers stationed in Iraq didn't actually know why they were there. Is that professionalism?

If you don't know why you are fighting, you don't know what your goals are. Is that professionalism?

It's really not up to the soldiers when they go to war. What good would any army be, if they could all pick and choose when they serve, and whether or not they agree with the cause? Might as well not have an army at all, if that were the case. And to generalize, and place the blame for this atrocity on all soldiers, is just as wrong as blaming all muslims for the actions of extremists and terrorists. There are many soldiers who serve with honor, they don't deserve to catch the hell for this.

As the other poster said, it's our leaders who are to blame for these unjust wars. They're bought and paid for, and sending our troops to die to secure their corporate masters' financial interests. It's also our fault, for allowing our corrupt leaders to divide us so easily, and allowing them to stay in power even though we all know they're corrupt to the core, and we all know they don't serve us or our interests. But we, as a whole, allow them to stay in power. They are putting enormous stress and pressure on our troops, sending them on multiple deployments into these countries where they are not wanted. Do you think they wouldn't rather be back home with us? It's no surprise, given human nature, that they sometimes lose it. That's not an excuse, but it is a reason why.
edit on 25-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandantLassard
reply to post by Faruk

Faruk, what about he karma associated with militant Muslims, and radical islamists? Will there be unyielding karma for them as well? I understand that the US is the focal point, but what about the lack of respect for these countries which also perpetuate the hate and rhetoric of fanaticism? Should they just be able to go on unabashed?
Unfortunately I was unable to post a new thread since I have only 13 posts, but let me tell you something about myself.

For the respect of my family members and traditions, I ''am'' Muslim. Now, saying that I am Muslim doesn't mean I do my prayers every morning, neither do my family. Let me tell you this, I love bacon. I love bacon so much that my doctor told me to lower it down for my cholesterol lol!

I might be a muslim, and when i say that, most people will think i wear turbans and have tons of wives, that's not the case.

You have 2 types of muslims; the normal and the extremists.

Let me tell you this; I, along with normal muslims hate the extremists. I personally don't consider you religious or even man when you show up at a public place and blow yourself up. Those are stupid muslims who think they're doing the right thing by blowing themselves up and showing their love to Islam.

There's no love to Islam. I'm so fkn tired always hearing these stupid muslims yelling Allahu ak'baar in every video... why? you think Allah will save your friend who just got shot by a sniper? NO.

Look i'm really frustrated right now lol and i could go on for ages, but i'll wait that i can make a topic which i will talk about my feelings towards islam. Back to on-topic to your question.

Karma will be served to anyone. Believe me, I hurted some people in my life back then but it came back haunting me until i realized karma is really a bitch. It got me, and I thought it wouldn't. If you're jewish muslim catholic or willy wonka, Karma will get you somehow.

Yes the u.s is the focal point, but that could be any country. It's the u.s for this one because AMERICAN soldiers did that to Iraqi civils. We never hear French soldiers or Canadian soldiers doing that, and it's not America's fault, it's just the fault of those soldiers who all had the same thought of ''let's go do this to civils'' Now they giving America the wrong image. I love america as much as i love my own country, I just hate how some americans portray themselves in the media, leaving the entire world to look like fools when people see what these people do.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

"Your right they are not threatning our freedoms, not now, but nothing lasts forever, thats not me just saying that, thats what history tells us and we one day will have to. Thats just a fact of reality, maybe not in our lifetime, or maybe so. hmmmm... "

By that logic I should go shoot the neighbors dog now.. Fido hasn't crapped on my lawn YET, but history tells us dogs crap on lawns, I have a nearby lawn.. my interests are threatened. Better to fight him there (across the street) before he feigns playing fetch, a false flag!!, and unloads a Weapon of Mass Dookie here.

Do you wake up hating people you never met for no reason?.. if your life was happy go lucky & peaceful, what would motivate you to give a rats sphincter about how those 1/2 a planet away live?.. does the Taliban hate me because I watch porn and do my best to party like Charlie Sheen??.. I'm 1000s of miles out of their sight, yet they care enough to hate me personally because______________?

Maybe its tangible imported resource motivated violence / occupation/ sanctions, aka US govt foreign policy, "they" hate.. not my freedom to recklessly party.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join