It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Now they let this stuff threw.

One must ask themselves why.

Why is this stuff being brought forward.

It is called psy ops. Political fodder. There are many names for it.

I suspect my on gov is responsible for the release of this information. But why. I do not know.

I agree with you. Obviously if 'Der Spiegel' got 4000 photos they got it from somewhere within the DoD. As to the why, I have several theories:

1) The warmongers need to rile up more attacks on US forces to dampen any moves towards peace, and to ensure increased funding for an extended occupation.

2) The military is tired of these quagmires, and wants to stimulate anti-war feeling back home so they can use that as an excuse to withdraw.

3) As the long term goal of the NWO is to bring down America, exposing war atrocities will serve to promote anti-US feelings worldwide while sapping morale within the US, preparatory to the outbreak of a greater world-wide war, in which the US will be destroyed or severely weakened.

4) So far the Germans have refused to participate in the gang bang against Libya, indicating they are not happy with that decision. Did German Intel get ahold of these files, and then release them to throw a monkey wrench into the allied effort?
edit on 22-3-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
f I thought for one minute that my child was either of the young men represented in the deer hunter type photo I would never have a good night's sleep ever again, and dammit I deserve to sleep at night. Can those who justified these type of actions explain why that dead young man is naked? That photo speaks of depravity, and it makes me angry that it's being defended at all.

Isn't it bloody well time we all did a collective regroup on all of our thinking? Like why the US unsigned from the International Criminal Court? Why the Geneva Convention was thrown out the window?

Why is our collective thinking illustrating and defending what is base, rather than seeking to elevate?
How in the name of all that's rational and sane is it considered okay to keep on invading others and inflicting maximum harm? How is the expansion of bases and power all over the world in any way protecting us back home? Re-think this erroneous belief, please! All it's ever done is promote others to exercise resentment and revenge, and the proof lies in our justified fear of terrorism. Well be scared everyone, because we've earned it.

Some countries started escalating this policy of coersion and intimidation with operation Paperclip, in the US. (My parents were Americans and my father served.) But the other big powers did it too.

I hope with the publication of those photos, that we in the coalition countries will do a huge, massive rethink, of just what our soldiers and our weaponry types are doing to the world, not to forget our outmoded world policies.

We need to rethink the need for kill units at all. Do we really need murder squads? What evaluation is being done on the members of that type of unit in theater? It's high time we looked at it. And since it's not being done by the top-down, maybe we on the bottom-rung of the power ladder can initiate it from the bottom-up. The top brass should begin to provide better advice to the politicians, informing them more honestly of the consequences and risks of their policies.

I hope it's not too late to reign in this beast called war (invasion/police action), because the world needs to find balance and peace. The pendulum has swung wa-a-ay too far.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
the usa sucks, killer nation!

f'n right! those photos prove it.

do you personally know who is in the pics?

i have a pic of US soldiers standing with a giant bird they shot.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
maybe if everyone cuts the crap

we can get on in this world.

we just want to sit in front of a 68" flat screen and eat junk food.

work and have a nice life.

like you all? like anyone else?

what this has to do with the op, still don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hey smart one, I stated I was talking about IRAQ not AFG. Intel? I was in Iraq. They have no organized opposition anymore and their leader hanged. I was NOT talking about Afghanistan, I was hardly there long enough to know. Your excused.
edit on 22-3-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yes, my mistake, it was around 4 in the morning I forgot people would criticize if you didn't have wonderful grammar. My fault. I stated above that these men are monsters to do this and that its disgusting.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This happens in every war sadly. Even those who fight for our freedoms sometimes have no business to serve that honor and duty.

And sometimes, war can cause one's once subtle mental illness struggle into a full blown manifestation of what really lies within' the darkness of an ill faded soul.

Those photos are a example of that, and in NO WAY represents the larger mass of hard working civil military men and women. And I'm certain the larger % of them are not ok with this.

But things like this have happened since the days before humans could even speak words. We are savages, we were made that way, but in that making there are those who are truly evil to the core and nothing will fix that.

Life is just really f'd up like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

"Exactly, and you do bring up a valid point.....Exactly who is killing Coalition Forces and wounding Coalition Forces in Afghanistan if all Muslim people are peace loving pacifists. Who , if children are not exploited to commit war crimes, are the little people shooting Soldiers and planting IED's "

The old "..if all Muslim people are peace loving .." straw-man.. hey, .Exactly who is killing and wounding muslims in Afghanistan? If all American people respect the rule of law, why do they tolerate torture, kidnapping and denial of rights..? or extra-judicial drone assassinations?

What would you do if your neighborhood was occupied by armed strangers who said they were a "Coalition"??.. would you plant IDEs and fight back, or obey like a female hound in heat??.. follow your new imported illegal alien leaders because a bunch of douche nozzle "leaders" from the UN wrote a letter telling you to?

Would you embrace foreign occupation forces who posed with freshly dead Americans?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

"..those who fight for our freedoms .."

When you write "our freedoms", who are you referring to?.. are you and your flock only "free" thanks to armed men near-by? If Afghanis successfully fight for freedom from America, how will I be less free?.. I'm 1000's of miles away from that drama..lol..

Here on the west coast of America, "we" are too far away from having "our freedoms" threatened by people in Afghanistan.. or Iraq... DC and LAPD represent proximate threats to my daily freedom.. I have yet to pass through a Taliban "Sobriety and drivers license" checkpoint where bearded men in robes demand my papers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I'm refering to the '' flock '' as you say with sarcasm that fought for it before you, myself, and everyone else you know was even a sperm trickle. You should thank whatever you worship for that.

You think your the only one that has to deal with police or '' threatned '' lol. Try dealing with them after Katrina then come and talk to me.

I'm not here to debate Taliban and Afghan freedoms, cause frankly they don't give a damn whether we live or die.
I came here to make a statement of what I saw in photos that was sick, not play forum ping pong for the sake of an attempt of outwitting.

Thats all i'm saying about '' flocks '' and '' freedoms'', so if your next reply is in concept of any type of defensive response it will just be ignored.

I don't need no more questions either. Live free brother!

Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
the US has been a slave nation since 1913
so, to what freedoms are you people refering?

take a look
freedom died in the US just like the nekkid people in the photos...
and like the people in the photos of Abu Gehraib (sp?)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by LoverBoy

You were obviously highly trained over a period of time..
Many soldiers are new to the game and just have basic training before being shipped out..

It's not really a true statement to generalize and say all troops are highly trained..

Troops don't just get shipped out after boot camp anymore.

You have BCT(Basic Combat Training), AIT(Advanced Individual Training - this is for the chosen MOS), and up training for specific mission deployments. Some can spend anywhere between 6 months to a year in training before they see combat, or any mission specific duties at all.

Our troops are indeed very highly trained.

What these troops did(I've looked into it a bit further) is disgusting and criminal and I hope they are on death row or at the very least in prison for the rest of their pathetic lives.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yep, a good soldier is too good to waste on that stuff
There is the possibility that:
To paint real honest volenteers with the same brush as this type of incident creates,
may have been the one of the root reasons this type of stuff occurs...
This could be a psy op from the git go for that reason...

it really scape goats the grunts when they are not the BIG atrocity

edit on 22-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I think it's more of a reasonable explanation to say that these men were cracked and flew off the handle.

Believe me, even the most deplorable people can fool the Army. I've known people that I would NOT want in a fox hole with me who got in despite the rigorous screening the armed forces puts potential recruits through.

No system is fool proof.
edit on 22-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Vxn
yeah considering the stress levels
its a wonder more people haven't cracked...

so the training is probably better then it gets credit for sometimes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ya got all kinds of bs when the army is in town.

they are not police. they kill and that's what they are trained to do.

the diff is that they can and will be prosecuted unlike the dirtbags that kill and desecrate the GI's.

oh, sorry, "freedom fighters"

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The training is very good. But a weak mind and heart leads to things like this.

Discipline is very important, but more so, the Army doesn't actually want a bunch of people who's only goal is to kill, kill, kill. They want people of good moral character who will distinguish noble from enemy. People who will think critically and quickly about their actions. As I said, the system isn't fool proof, but nothing is.

The Army prepares you physically and mentally for the realities of war. But sometimes no amount of training will discipline an individual enough to prevent things like this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I stand corrected and am applauded. in the main steam media it say's one of the soldiers in the striker brigade has pleaded guilty to 3 counts of premeditated murder. Him and the other soldiers if it's true and they're not being sacrificed for the "good of the Army" should all be immediately and publicly shot by firing squad. They're are saying drugs were involved. I wonder if they were raiding a drug dealer?? I'm pretty amazed and saddened.

Sorry if this has already been reported

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Obama should be put on trial for this since he is the Commander in Chief. We are putting trial the small fries when it should be Obama who should be arrested for this crime.

No. The Commander in Chief should not be held responsible for the actions of these few rogue individuals. Your statement is ridiculous. What if you were the President right now? Do you honestly believe that you should be held responsible for the actions of every single individual in the entire armed forces?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Like always, these enlisted men will take the blame and serve the time. Their superiors will get medals and accolades.

Makes ya want to join up doesn't it? NOT

I have a neighbor who claims the military deserves "our prayers". What a crock. The military of the US is loathsome.

Anyone who willingly goes into this military is to be pittied.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join