It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

do you know the differance between right and wrong? do you know it is wrong when soldiers kill civillians? when they kill non combatants?

there are accidents and civillians get killed or cuaght up in it, this happens. expecting it to be ok to shoot civillians on purpose and then making it ok to do so is sick and thank god you do not make any international laws, local laws or decide the rules in my house.

saying it is ok to kill innocent people proves how @£$% up society is becoming, sorry for the swear word, i just cannot believe the level of denial and excusing of killing innocent civillians that goes on in this thread because it was u.s. soldiers.

if it were iraqi, afghan, libyian or any other countrys soldiers killing innocent americans you hypocritrs would be crying foul. but instead you think it is o.k. as long as they are not american people.

edit on 21-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Frankly i find it disturbing how lightly people are taking this. This is evil incarnate; are we becoming desensitized to everything? Have they driven the humanity out of us already?

Then again it could be designed to get a rise out of us, and others aren't taking the bait. The coverage of this story has been puzzling to say the least. Hyping riots?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

YA I got a big problem with this.

The soldier go over enter combat and kill the enemy. One leans down to take a picture of the sniper who they have been trying to get. And now they plaster it over the news as. Ruthless american soldiers killing innocent civilians.

Well I dont know if any of you have seen some of the videos of innocent civilians but I have. Not inniocent at all.

I understand there are some bad apples. This is the case in any war.

Throwing grenades at convoys once they pass by.
Shooting at soldiers while pretending to be civilians.

Listen they are all civilians right.

Well all the soldiers are and all the KIA are.

This is war people wake up.

Do you have any idea how many videos are circulating on the other side showing torture of american soldiers.

They are out there.

Of course if you posted one it would be yanked almost immediately.

Now they let this stuff threw.

One must ask themselves why.

Why is this stuff being brought forward.

It is called psy ops. Political fodder. There are many names for it.

I suspect my on gov is responsible for the release of this information. But why. I do not know.

I dont think it is a much a trophy shot but. If you had elusive enemy and then you finally get him one would most defenitly take his picture and the guy who took him down.

Please don't come on here attacking me as I am not trolling for any attacking responses. But am trying to make a point that war is war.

Just saying....

Exactly, and you do bring up a valid point.....Exactly who is killing Coalition Forces and wounding Coalition Forces in Afghanistan if all Muslim people are peace loving pacifists. Who , if children are not exploited to commit war crimes, are the little people shooting Soldiers and planting IED's

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Is war not the organized and planned murder of one group by another.
These Tactics have been used since the beginning of time.
Civilians play major roles in wars and in most cases shouldnt even be considered civilians.
Most official military rules of engagement state that if "civis" are aiding the enemy then they are also the enemy.

Also who's to say these people were really innocent? the ever trustful media right?
Exactly. Its all propaganda, and these soldiers are just being used as scapegoats to keep
Americans minds on the war in iraq.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

ummm dude, it doesn't take a photo expert to prove these were edited.... They faces are pixelated out.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
WHY?

What's wrong with these guys, not only are they barbaric, they are stupid.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arcanewings

Preach on my brother....

I didn't want to make this a one liner so.... I made 2. he he he

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Our military is completely out of control. I'm not talking about a few rogue psychos. It's way up the ladder. Imagine teenage men watching videos of drone strikes into wedding parties while everybody cheers. The idea is to ascribe a label of non human to the enemy.

Now imagine encountering the victims families who are just as eager to exact viscious revenge. It's a pathologic cycle of primal violence intended to create never endinding war and breed hatred. Satan couldn't do better.

American commanders say collateral damage via drone strikes is due to bad intel. I say BS. They often guide the drones from norfolk, va and I know one of the guys.

I was always against the war but now it's outta control

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If people had the chance to get out there and walk in the shoes of a Us soldier for one month. One month in combat. I suspect they would have a whole entire new 180 degree perspective change on life in general. Regarding war and acts during war who are we to pass judgement. What is... I guess normal and when it is war crimes and atrocities. Their is a line between desacration of a human being and a photo op of a hunted elusive enemy which had inflicted massive trama and death upon the soldiers.

Usually this part of the story is left out when reported.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One of the more important aspects of this story is the backlash US/NATO forces will likely receive due to the publication of these photos by Afghani forces. Won't be pretty over the next few weeks I would imagine. I read that NATO and top US officials were bracing for the moment these photos were released.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This story made the headlines @ Alaska Daily News www.adn.com...

Here is a comment posted by Naknuki @ adn.com about the article and possible relationship between Palin and Morlock famliy.

By Nanuki
Jeremy Morlock? The kid who's good friends with Track Palin and enlisted with him? The same Jeremy Morlock that was Bristol Palin's prom date in 2006? The kid whose sister April is one of Bristol Palin's best friends? There were pictures of Morlocks and Bristol hanging out in LA last year while she was on DWTS.

Gee, I wonder what Sarah would be posting on her Facebook page if Morlock was a friend of an Obama kid? "Obama is palling around with".....?

Read more: www.adn.com...
Read more: www.adn.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by Values_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Values_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I couldn't do it. I'd probably fail the pysch eval and be leading a kill team. I sympathize with the soldiers but I also sympathize with the afghanis watching their familys houses and goats get slaughtered. If I was in that situation on either side I would want to kill.

That's part of being male and human.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't believe for a second that those pictures are of dead civilians. I believe that they are Taliban or foreign insurgents Notice they are all male and military age. Does that make the pictures just? Not not for a second. Kinda sad actually however US troops are not murderers. That's simply a fact. Just like any organizations there are bad apples. But not entire units. It's impossible Elite troops don't murder civilians they protect them. Just my 2 cents. I would like to add that it seems Germany is back to her old historical ways I doubt she'll be in NATO much longer. Here is food for thought. could they be German troops in US uniforms? Now that seems more believable.

Jerry

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is a tough one.. I know personally that if I was an American soldier that truly believed what the govt was feeding me about the war on terrorism and the attacks that took place on 9/11.. I would be happy as heck when I murked a few terrorists and would gladly take a few pictures next to them. With that being said this could be a crazy SOB that just enjoys murder and doesn't care why he is out there. Plenty of stereotypes are thrown at soldiers all the time when it comes to that.

All this is going to do is making Afghan hate us even more and cause even more deaths. Our soldiers are out there killing people proudly in our countries name for a fight they know zero truth behind. It's pretty much a crap situation all around.. Almost wish we could leave this be and move on to the real issues at hand.

*EDIT* and I don't believe those are 'citizens' either. Those are proud Taliban kills.
edit on 21-3-2011 by inlandempire88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Violence is addictive. It's like a drug. It feels good to take out righteous vengeance on some a-hole. That's what I'm getting at. TPTB know the pysche of man and ate taking full advantage of it.

It took me years of work to learn to love my neighbor, to learn to understand that it really feels better to give and to unlearn racism and hatred of Muslims.

The first thing I had to do was remove myself from the violent environment. Those soldiers have a harder time than an alcoholic trying to quit drinking wbile working in a biker bar. I worked in a dope filled biker bar full of people that "deserved" what they had coming. If I had a gun I woulda been dead or locked up.

IMHO there are factions in govt that want us all to kill each other. We are getting too hard to control

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's just takes common sense.Those soldiers are human. If they were murdering innocent civilians. After the fact they would look to cover it up. It's not rocket science. They wouldn't be allowing a photo op. lol
I bet that clown was a sniper. And a talented one. Hence the picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
War is the same as it was hundreds of years ago, except now we have more efficient weapons. The poor people under one king, indoctrinated to hate and kill the poor people under the enemy king. That will never change. To people saying that we can't say anything because we never been soldiers... Well there is a good reason people like me aren't soldiers. We can't justify killing unless it is defending a direct and real threat to ourselves, and our families. Going out to some foreign land, to kill other poor people, is not on our to do list.
edit on Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:14:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd like to add I'm NOT FOR WAR. However I will always support our troops. Do you think it was their decision to start and conduct war in a Afghanistan???????? I personally believe it was necessary to disrupt terrorism and their infrastructure however you can't help people that won't help themselves. The afghan Army consists of 9 hundred thousand soldiers and supporting staff. They know the terrain. But yet what progress are they making? Very little it seems.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In my fantasy land the US armed forces would be transformed into ambassadors of American ingenuity creativity and kindness. For a fraction of the trillions we spend killing and destroying imagine what we could create?

At the core we all have the same basic needs and wants. The average afghani isn't born wanting to kill infidels nor is the average American teenager a blood thirsty hooligan.

These are learned pathologies and I am convinced there are people pulling strings and pushing buttons. How did the photos get released in the first place. Who handed them over to der spielgel? CIA satanists are trying to start WWIII.

It's part of an orchestrated campaign just like the drone attacks on civillians just like the record production of heroin decimating Russia and Europe. Just like the floodgates of muslims into britain and australia just like the insanity of not building fences on american borders

None of it has anything to do with national security and everything with shoving rats into an ever shrinking cage with less food and more weapons.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
I don't believe for a second that those pictures are of dead civilians. I believe that they are Taliban or foreign insurgents Notice they are all male and military age. Does that make the pictures just? Not not for a second. Kinda sad actually however US troops are not murderers. That's simply a fact. Just like any organizations there are bad apples. But not entire units. It's impossible Elite troops don't murder civilians they protect them. Just my 2 cents. I would like to add that it seems Germany is back to her old historical ways I doubt she'll be in NATO much longer. Here is food for thought. could they be German troops in US uniforms? Now that seems more believable.

Jerry

This is one of the most staggering cases of denial I have ever witnessed.
I mean, the U.S. Army is APOLOGISING for these pics. they aren't usually in the habit of apologising
unless they've been caught with their pants down.

I hate to be the one to set you straight so I won;t even try to force you out of your protective little bubble.
I hope it is nice and warm in there cuz it's cold as hell out here in the real world.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join