It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
dang more b/s - first of all your talking about generally a bunch of jocked up dudes with machine guns who think everyone on there side is there brother.

what do you think you would do if someone killed your brother - well if your in a heavily armed gang I think you'd kill them and laugh about it too, that seems to be a pattern with gang members.

you can't expect for soldiers not to do things like this in any army at any time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In the realization that my post may be modded off-topic, I submit that the answer to such madness lies in this world having a "consciousness change," as espoused by Tony Robbins in the following 22:31 long video. Sorry if it's off-topic, but I assume this message is relevant to the discussion.

TED Talks, uploaded by YouTube user TEDtalksDirector:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-3-2011 by KZ6090 because: added length of video

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I completely agree with you mate. Many people these days have become so desensitized to the concept of war that when they see the outcomes of varies conflicts, they claim to have some kind of insight and judgment upon them for what those individuals have done.

Until you strap on your own helmet, load your own gun, step out of the Humvee and deal with what all those men and women have to deal with on a day to day basis. Refrain from claiming to even remotely know the entire story, or how the situation in these photos occurred. Please refrain from yelling bloody murder on the people that are out there every day protecting your @$$ from those that wish to harm you. And don't dilute yourself, there are people and groups around the world that would rather see you strung up by your feet, and skinned alive then allow you to watch your 8pm sitcom in peace. Welcome to reality people.

"If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them"
edit on 21-3-2011 by arcanewings because: Edit

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by arcanewings

I stand behind my troops...but when they do things like this, it sickens me, and makes me question whether enough is being done to keep things like this from happening...

Oh...and sometimes standing in front of them is the only way to get the point across that what they're doing is wrong...that is such a stupid statement anyways...it makes it seem like whoever says it condones for the hurting of anybody who doesn't completely agree with our troops purposes in these wars

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I seen this tv show the other night about gangs in the us army this kinda reminds of it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
thedirty.com...

This was just posted by someone from Berlin apparently. I don't know how to post pics in a thread, if anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by arcanewings

I stand behind my troops...but when they do things like this, it sickens me, and makes me question whether enough is being done to keep things like this from happening....

Stand behind my troops???

Not my troops. Not my war.

The troops are in Afghanistan to guard the poppy fields so the CIA can make big bucks importing the illegal drugs to the good 'ol USA and selling the killer drugs to our youth.

Kind'a makes ya proud to be an Amerikan, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WickedZelda84

Well there goes the argument of the pics or it didn't happen people.... Disgusting....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedZelda84
thedirty.com...

This was just posted by someone from Berlin apparently. I don't know how to post pics in a thread, if anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by WickedZelda84

Well there goes the argument of the pics or it didn't happen people.... Disgusting....

When was this like argument ?..this news is all over the net

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
These criminals give a bad name to those soldiers actually doing their job abroad. There will always be rogue factions in every military combat zone, always have, always will be. And to those of you that just want to bash us Americans, go right ahead..theres a reason the rest of the world hates us...WE ARE FREE

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I wasn't the one saying pics or it didn't happen, but a lot of people were earlier in the thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

But this is about killing civilians though? I don't get why some Americans seem unable to distinguish the difference between say taliban and a civilian? In Afgan the majority of people dont want war they just want to live without the fear of death everyday. But people seem to act like Afgan civillians are the enemy too, well they arn't! And when one gets killed deliberately that IS murder!

Tbh I have no problem with trophy pics and filming or the warfare as long as corpses arnt desicrated etc. Its still a war and if you're fighting there and you take a photo of a dead body your there and you have seen it anyway so its not like by not taking a photo you're blanking it from memory. But civilians are not the same as comabatants. Im sick of hearing about civillians being killed and people being like 'duuuuuh aint they all terrorists tho anyway'......um no they are not. When we went into Germany in WW2 did we assume the public were all enemies!??!? offcaorse not!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i hate these for one reason.

it has already become the typical "all americans are amoral pricks" thread. really? i suppose if these guys were british, french or any other nationality, that would make all the rest of the people from that military the same right?
WRONG. as with these dickheads. yes they are sick, no not all of the U.S. military is this way, i agree that when you have a force of that many people, you will get a few assholes, but that doesn't mean that everyone is that way. having served in the navy for three years now, i am offended by every one of you who take the idea that this is a U.S. military wide occurrance. are you really that ignorant?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons why people got pissed when we brought back SS officers to the US after WW2.

The US administration and military command has become its own worst enemy.
edit on 21-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah, these are Americas Finest alright.
I wish I had a few mins alone with them, one at a time.
You know, so we could talk things out.

Disgusting pieces of garbage.
I can only hope that Karma decides to remove them from this Earth in the same way.
I am tired of these pieces of **** breathing my air.

Really? So how does that make you any different from them if not worse? Wanting to get violent with them and wish them death? You have enough hot air all for yourself that you need not share.
Way to go, tough guy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As has been said numerous times, unfortunately # like this happens too often in times of war. And it is not just this conflict that it has happened in.

Some of the stories my dad told me from when he was in Viet Nam would shock even the most hardened person, but from what he saw, and he knew from reading battle reports (he was in Company HQ, and would have to deal with all the paperwork that came in and out of Headquarters), that there was some really effed up # going on over there.

Case in point - there were several times he came across the Motangards (spelling? They were the Highland Tribal guys that hated both the North and South Vietnamese), who were fighting with/for the Americans and Aussies, while out on Patrol, and being tribal, they would still follow the same edicts that they had followed for thousands of years. Basically, these guys were headhunters, and like the Native American Indians, they would carry around trophies of their kills, like shrunken heads of their enemies etc. Dad said they were the spookiest bunch of people he had ever come across, basically because he said they acted like ghosts, and you couldn't read their reactions, body movements etc. And he said what made them even spookier was that you could never really tell whether they were on your side or working with the enemy.

A couple of interesting books to read that goes into this kind of thing, but during the Viet Nam war - The Tiger Man of Vietnam. Basically it's about an Aussie Officer during Viet Nam, who goes to work for the CIA while he is there, to train up the Motangards to work with the Americans. The Motangards actually came to trust him, and like him so much, that they made him an Honorary Chief within their tribes. And for this to happen, was a BIG thing. There are also rumours still going around that the character of Colonel Kurtz, from the movie Apocalypse Now, was based on this Aussie Captain.

Another interesting read is called Tiger Force. It follows a certain American unit during the VN War, who ended up doing what has been described in this thread. They beheaded civilians, raped the women, destroyed entire civilian villages, and nothing was done to stop them. Even when charges were bought against certain elements of the unit, they were eventually dropped and covered up.

Both of these books are true stories, and it goes to show what can happen during war. I don't condone many of the actions described in the books, but nonetheless, it's interesting to see what can happen during times of war when the Chain of Command leaves some units unsupervised, or willingly WANT units to form Hunter Killer teams.

To be honest, I would like to see the Armies of all countries investigate WHY these atrocities happen, and lead on from there to stop this kind of thing from happening in the future.

Sorry for going a little off topic Mods, but I thought there was some relevance there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i said it once in this thread and ill say it again, im sorry for what happened to these poor civilians but war is war and civilians usually die in war.

in no way am i saying they deserve to because they don't, but the "enemy" we are currently fighting doesnt wear a uniform or anything like that they dress like civilians

an american soldier or any other countries soldiers who are currently engaged overseas has to deal with the fact that they dont know who the enemy actually is, because the enemy we fight now hides out with normal civilians who have nothing to do with what is going on.

not all american soldiers or other countries soldiers are like these group of guys, something is terribly wrong with them possibly from previous deployments.

these soldiers will be brought to justice under the UCMJ ( uniform code of military justice)

again in no way am i saying i condone what they did because i don't but its war and there are always terrible things that come out of war, look at the bataan death march of the 1940's and everything that happened in germany and russia throughout WW2, war is a gruesome brutal thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Same thing happened in Viet Nam mate. The VC would regularly wear civilian gear to blend in with the population. Hell, my dad tells me of remembering the time that the MP's came into one of the Aussie bases and arrested the Vietnamese guy that would come in and cut everyones hair. Turns out he was VC. They never saw this guy again, until they found his body half a click from the base a few months later, with 3 bullet holes in his head.

The question is, why hasn't anything been learnt from 40-50 odd years ago?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
There are no picture .....None look for yourself Whats the reason they arent providing a few as proof to the public ....Believe me if these pictures existed they would be all over the net already....This is just another smoke screen meant to distract us from the real issues at hand.

Here ya go, mr. propaganda!!

Photo Gallery: The 'Kill Team' in Afghanistan

Let's not leave out the third picture!

hmmmm..... Doesn't this look like an EDIT JOB??....

Can we get a photo expert in here?! Particular interest is exif data on all 3 images.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join