It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

www.guardian.co.uk

They fear that the pictures could be even more damaging as they show the aftermath of the deliberate murders of Afghan civilians by a rogue US Stryker tank unit that operated in the southern province of Kandahar last year.

Some of the activities of the self-styled "kill team" are already public, with 12 men currently on trial in Seattle for their role in the killing of three civilians.

Five of the soldiers are on trial for pre-meditated murder, after they staged killings to make it look like they were defending themselves from Taliban attacks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Why?

My country of Canada has vowed to continue supporting the US mission in Afghanistan for a second time, in order to support this behavior? This is some messed up stuff. I wonder why US troops would do this, and even bother to take pictures of it... who are they trying to impress?

At least a few of these guys went on trial for it.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS: Here's another quote from the article:

The case has already created shock around the world, particularly with the revelations that the men cut "trophies" from the bodies of the people they killed.

An investigation by Der Spiegel has unearthed approximately 4,000 photos and videos taken by the men.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

i am so sick of how sick this country,its people and its values are,its making me crazy,im so sick of how other people think they have the right to make others distopia for profit,as if they didnt have enough already,as if they werent set for life and their kids kids kids lives and beyond making their war racketeering profits in world war 2,what are they thinking,now they brainwash and desensitize our youth into savage blood thirsty attack dogs MKULTRA style,its pure evil,ive already opted out of this sick culture,except for the net im off the grid,no cell,no job,no address no sympathy for the devil, ITS SICK!!! ITS ALL A DESTROYED PARADISE!!!! WELCOME TO THE POST APOCOLYPSE!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Its sick. It reminds me of what mass murders and serial killers do when they kill and take a trophy.
No difference at all IMO.
And my country of OZ is right behind you's too.
Aren't we lucky to see that our tax dollars are supporting these people and there cowardly acts.
And to top it all off, our tax dollars will go to defend these alleged criminals.

Its a crazy world.

edit on 21-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There are no picture .....None look for yourself Whats the reason they arent providing a few as proof to the public ....Believe me if these pictures existed they would be all over the net already....This is just another smoke screen meant to distract us from the real issues at hand.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Obama should be put on trial for this since he is the Commander in Chief. We are putting trial the small fries when it should be Obama who should be arrested for this crime.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

The only reason people care is because it's US troops that did it, This thread will shortly go from the topic of war crimes to how much and why everyone hates Americans.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: dr sagan made me do it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah, these are Americas Finest alright.
I wish I had a few mins alone with them, one at a time.
You know, so we could talk things out.

Disgusting pieces of garbage.
I can only hope that Karma decides to remove them from this Earth in the same way.
I am tired of these pieces of **** breathing my air.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Sadly it is because the my "elected" officials tell your government what to do and obviously no one says NO to the US, otherwise the world wouldnt be the shambled piece fo crap it is today.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I guess this is just the type of "freedom" Obama wants to give to the people of Libya. I hope they know what they are getting themselves into.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Whose side do you think GOD will take when the time comes? The meek and defenseless or the mighty superpower unstoppable no balls USA? Hmm you tell me....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Seeing as they are already cracked murderers they would probably kill you

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

I doubt they would because this would be a no weapon fight. If it was a weapon fight, he would still win because he would have intelligence and wits behind him.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

I have to agree. I do tend to forget that people only care about what some people in the US do.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen...
Line................................................

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
1. I want to see these photos.

2. It won't be long before this thread turns into an "all American soldiers do this and they're all murderers" thread. And the point of the topic will be lost.

3. If this is indeed true, I hope that the US Army does not drag their feet in prosecuting them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is why every helmet needs to have a cam where the commanders can monitor their troops.
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

I agree mate..
There's over 100.000 troops..
No one can expect there not to be a few rouges..
Yes it tarnishes the rest but it's far from unexpected..
Seems the military is doing what it should and prosecuting these scumbags..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2011 by alien because: ...off topic removed...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join