It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Battle for Libya"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
"War with Libya"

Those are the headlines I've been seeing all over the MSM,

Funny cause I thought the U.S. was just going to participate in enforcing a "No Fly Zone" They didn't tell us anything about a full blown bombing campaign, and that's exactly what this whole mess has turned into.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A 'No Fly Zone" is an Act of War. So Technically we are at War with Libya. To enforce a No fly Zone we(US/NATO) need to neutralize Air Defence Systems including the the Libyan Airfields and Radar Stations so They cannot present a Risk to Nato War Planes who will begin Patroling The Libyan Skies. Im willing to bet that Nato & The Us already have ground forces(USSOCOM,JSOC, CIA/SAD, MI6, SAS) in Libya Coordinating with "Rebel" Forces.
edit on 21-3-2011 by BuckNutty because: .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I really am surprised just how many people didn't realize what "no fly zone" meant and thought this wasn't where this was going. I mean I read a post last night where people didn't understand why "our sides" planes were flying in the no fly zone. What it means is we come in ground all military flights for the opposing side. Furthermore to do that and take few to no casualties we have to destroy they're anti air capabilities which means bombing them. Now would you be surprised to know how the bombs find their targets well in the case of concealed targets they send in special forces to mark them with lasers...which they will never tell us about. Yea that's right ground troops. Now if they come under fire what do you think happens then we shoot back. Next thing you know we have another problem and we're on the ground. The only stipulation in the UN resolution was no occupation and they will say oh but we're not we're just taking out the military and handing over the country to the people...the people = new puppet gov. Nothing changes status quo maintained. Come on guys you mean to tell me that when that UN resolution passed you didn't know that is what would be happening...really?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I mean really guys we have marines waiting off shore right now as we speak just wait we'll be on the ground in no time...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BuckNutty

LOL completely didn't look at your post yet but right you are I'm glad I'm not the only one who realized this. I'm just stunned that a lot of people especially on here didn't.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Yea. Im just waiting for them to pull a O'Bannon.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Rebels cheer as a Libyan plane is destroyed in the skies over th eastern city Benghazi.

anymore info

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It was made perfectly clear this would be a full blown military campaign by your own secretary of defence, i actually watched him say that on bbc news so yeh...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

apparently it was said that was a plane flown by a rebel fighter that was shot down by gaddafis forces

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
Now would you be surprised to know how the bombs find their targets well in the case of concealed targets they send in special forces to mark them with lasers...which they will never tell us about.

Actually, you don't need soldiers to mark targets with lasers for tomahawk missiles to reach their target:

A major improvement to the Tomahawk is its network-centric warfare-capabilities, using data from multiple sensors (aircraft, UAVs, satellites, foot soldiers, tanks, ships) to find its target.

So, in order for the UN to enforce its "no-fly zone" they have to take out air defenses first. Thus, the missiles and bombs being dropped on Libyan defenses.

To the OP, is it "Battle for Libya" or "Battle with Libya"? You title and text don't seem to match.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

That was a Rebel jet shot down by the rebels, they shot down one of their own.

top topics

join