It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio State University Receives Even Harsher Penalties and Sanctions From NCAA Officials for Player M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Even harsher penalties and sanctions have been levied against the Ohio State University Football Program for player misconduct after several investigations revealed at least 5 players were committing violations of the official player conduct policies.

nutshellurl.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

I think this is a good thing. These college kids think that they can get away with murder and I'm sure they did not even think twice about selling the items that they did. What kind of player sells their golden pants from beating Michigan and their Big 10 rings? Those are things that should be held near and dear and kept for a lifetime and they did not even get much money for them...

These players receive a free top notch education, free room and board and a $300 dollar allowance per week and that was not enough for them?

To be honest I feel no sorrow for these players or Tressel but I do feel bad for all the other kids that work hard and do things the honest way on the Buckeye roster.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is about damn time that the NCAA showed some guts when it comes down to cracking the whip when Division One schools try to cover something up. These players committed what was basically a criminal act yet when they sold the school's property to that tattoo shop in South Columbus. Not only should these players be punished further by both the NCAA and the law. The school should also have the BCS crown that they "won" from Oregon taken away. The NCAA should also strip Tyrelle Pryor of his Heisman Trophy and dismiss his and the eligibility of his teammates that were involved in this. I'm not stopping there just with the players either, no way and no how.

Jim Tressel and that damned sweatervest of his needs to be suspended, or fired, for trying to coverup what has went on at Ohio State over the past year or so. So you apologized to the NCAA at a function that he was speaking at. This function was being held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio of all places. It honestly sounded like he gave a half-hearted apology to the university, its fans, and students. If I'm the NCAA, I wouldn't buy into the apology one bit. What he did was basically take the integrity of the game of football and blow his snot all over it. He thought that they could get away with it, but they thought wrong.

I commend the NCAA for standing up and doing what is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation

These players receive a free top notch education, free room and board and a $300 dollar allowance per week and that was not enough for them?

Who told you that? Athletes get no weekly allowance. That is the main argument against the NCAA. They dont allow athletes to even have jobs. For fear of 'buying' an athlete.
The University gets millions repping these kids out, and they have to rely on family or friends for gas money.
I understand its a catch-22....but ridiculous none-the-less.

I think Tressell should be fired. Any other coach at any other university and he would be gone. 5 games is a joke.

The message this sends to poor kids at top notch schools (USC, FL ST, FLA, NEB, UM, TX, etc) sell your items and miss the preseason. Be back in time for the conference play.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
It is about damn time that the NCAA showed some guts when it comes down to cracking the whip when Division One schools try to cover something up. These players committed what was basically a criminal act yet when they sold the school's property to that tattoo shop in South Columbus. Not only should these players be punished further by both the NCAA and the law. The school should also have the BCS crown that they "won" from Oregon taken away. The NCAA should also strip Tyrelle Pryor of his Heisman Trophy and dismiss his and the eligibility of his teammates that were involved in this. I'm not stopping there just with the players either, no way and no how.

Jim Tressel and that damned sweatervest of his needs to be suspended, or fired, for trying to coverup what has went on at Ohio State over the past year or so. So you apologized to the NCAA at a function that he was speaking at. This function was being held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio of all places. It honestly sounded like he gave a half-hearted apology to the university, its fans, and students. If I'm the NCAA, I wouldn't buy into the apology one bit. What he did was basically take the integrity of the game of football and blow his snot all over it. He thought that they could get away with it, but they thought wrong.

I commend the NCAA for standing up and doing what is right.

Are you psychic?

Pryor hasn't won the Heisman Trophy.

Is he going to win it this year? It would be a great bet in Vegas....so if your psychic, let me know.

top topics

join