It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic monster: Geomagnetic field reveals increasing danger of 'continent killing' quakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well something makes places like japan..islands distanced from the mainland. the crack at the top of Washington State and baja. these things to happen land does divide and split rise and sink.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Either way I'm in the mid west...hehehe

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Great that I'm reading this and feel a big shake (which also shook my office plants).

It was just a burst.

I'm in the middle of the mid-west, btw.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f6e8a2856f4.jpg[/atsimg]
S$F

edit ...correction I think this map is Gordon-Michael Scallions but Im not sure history channel told me it was cayces
anyone know for sure ?? could not find any solid info sorry to derail thread

edit on 21-3-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

^^
I love kansas. When the refugees start runnin here, ill be able to see em comin for miles, hide my goods and survive!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Theres a fault line that runs pretty much right up to the lakes I heard someone (cant think of who at the moment) it was a pod cast interveiw during the B.P spill talking about how that fault could split all the way up to the great lakes in which they would flood out into the Mississippi and flood the southeren states, Maybe theres no great lakes in this map for this reason, if this map indeed is a prediction.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Always entertaining to read basement geniuses point out the idiocy of harvard and stanford scientists...

thx for the laugh Macguyver.
edit on 21-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

HAHA me too! MO/KS border here

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"The growing aberrations of the magnetic field—and the increasing level activity of the sun—is symptomatic of the change in the earth's core. A dangerous change. An uncontrollable change. A change that is leading to the possibility of greater and greater disasters.

The core is restless now and when it is Mankind too cannot rest…"

Oh horse feathers! The magnetic field of the earth is an effect, not a cause. When the center of mass of the earth shifts a bit like it just has then this slight imbalance must be compensated for in another area. When the earth rotates it bulges out along the axis of rotation. This results in the globe not being perfectly spherical after all but more egg shaped. All around the equator some slight adjustments must be made to correct for the small change in the center of balance. The stresses that try to make this happen create earthquakes. Big? Yep. But what's all this talk about the magnetic field. It, too, is no more than a product of the differential dynamics of the inner and outer cores and when a center of balance change is made to the whole of the planet it too must adjust.

All this is is simple "rock pile physics" guys.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I didn't attempt to "debunk" the scientists.

I said that their work does not say what the fool who wrote the article says they say. In fact, Pogrebnikov contradicts it directly, saying that low geomagnetic activity results in more earthquakes.
Nothing in the research of the scientists says any thing about "mega earthquakes" or even that we should expect an increase in earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Woops...allright...I take that back...*brainfart*
edit on 21-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Looks like were in for one fun ride.

(second line to comply with rule)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
But really what can you do? Theres nowhere to run, Sit back and cross your fingers and hope your not a victim of the earth changing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You got a link to the original by Pogrebnikov?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe the great lakes are not filled in because...well, they already are water? The oceans aren't filled in blue either, and I doubt those are draining. I seriously doubt all of them would drain dry, but I'm not a geologist, so I can't say for sure. (I guess there could be a scenario where it might happen...)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

The abstract is linked in the stupid article of the OP.
He's not from Harvard.

edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

You got it.. thats bthe crack i was referring to.
wierd huh?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When the japan mount fuji volcano erupted.... next will be yellow stone...then you gotta start to pack and run...run and dont turn back.... run for your life ATS folkssss

edit on 21-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

It is pretty strange, though subsequently found videos of explanations, and even one from a Prof at NMU in Marquette. He said it was a 1-2 magnitude quake. In effect, a wee one. I don't think it's a portent of any great disaster to come, just the earth rumbling-though I admit that if I were one of the few people to feel it and have it shake my kitchen table, I would be shocked and surprised...wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
For what it's worth there is a theory that the earth is actually expanding as it ages. If you think of the planet as a balloon it's easy to see how the continents would have fit together.

When I heard that planet Mercury is 8 times more dense than earth it occurred to me that as the core bubbles through the crust it mixes with gas forming miles thick layers of pumice. That would account for the lower density of earth.

Perhaps the expansions occur in bursts and coincide with aberrations in magnetic fields. If the sun acts as a monopole it could keep the earth from expanding so long as the earths field is strong. If the earths field weakens, nothing prevents it from reaching out towards the sun and expanding.

That kind of expansion could also explain how Atlantis could rise up out of the ocean. I could never quite wrap my head around to mountains being formed out in the ocean considering popular geologic theories using subduction plates.

Anybody picture what I'm trying to say here?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about it. OK' maybe we are starting to be able to "read" what mother Earth is trying to say. How could we not. After all we have been living on this earth fo 50 000 years or so. But we have to remember that 1000 years for us is quite a long time, but for Earth, it is but a blink of an eye. So if ever a huge cataclism were to wipe us off the Earth, I don't think it would be any time soon...in human terms that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join