It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to good ol' assassination?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sure it's not politically or morally correct, but in certain instances, some recent issues come to mind, why not attempt assassination?

It seems to me that if the whole issues of Egypt/Syria, Mubarak and Gaddafi, the leaders and root of the problem as portrayed by media and government officials...you know the "It's time to step down/leave" statements, that assassination would be the choice before bombing and missile launches.

Is it an impossibility? I doubt it. You pay 20 mercenaries what it cost for 10 seconds worth of military action to go after 5-10 high value targets, and you've stabbed the purported problems in the heart. Not to say it's an instant fix at all, but if these leaders are the root cause of the problem, uproot them.

Anyone? Is it the risk of creating a martyr? Is bombing, which is guaranteed to cause civilian casualties, less of a forceful/cruel action in the eyes of the world than assassination?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

If they had sent in some private sector mercenaries, or the French Foreign Legion, The SAS, MI6, Marine recon, Army Rangers/Green Berets/Delta, Or The Seals .....Any of these would've done well, they could've had him dead within five days at most.....But they have an agenda

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There's also the fact that the Allies might have a plan to take him alive and have him stand trial at The Hague for war crimes and crimes against humanity for killing his own people.

I'd rather see that than an assassination. We haven't had a good war crimes trial in a while, and it's been long overdue with everything that's been going on. (not just in Libya but in general)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Let me just say from a former military and private sector contractor, when I was around aerial droppings, convoys, whatever...... Its not so personal as its quick and over just like that. No feelings, no connection, no nothing. When your staring down your crosshairs or ironsights watching, the "insurgent" or "person of question" you ave a connection, you see something different, something unexplainable, and your heart just stops as you realize WOW, he is a living breathing being just like I am, just in a DIFFERENT WORLD and a DIFFERENT SITUATION. What would give me a foreigner of a different culture the right to do what I am asked and trained to do. It is the same looking in as well from a civilian standpoint...especially if the media takes up what you the Killer or Assassin have done.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Exactly, well put. I was 2nd recon bn scout sniper. Its much different staring at your enemy. It isn't hollywood, a 50 caliber round blows the arms and head off if hit in the upper torso. From Iraq, were now the bad guys. You would be very surprised what all goes on in the private sector as well. Many of your ex military tend to flock there, money is much better.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Well thank you and very nice to hear from a marine. I myself was in the private sector but only for two years ( which was more money than six total in the military.) However I didn't experience as much negative in the military as I did in the private sector. It is disgusting what is allowed even in the Military. Such corrupt acts. Anyways like you said as the military personnel becoming the enemy, it is so sad that we are viewed this way even though we are trained until its second nature and we become somewhat numb. Anyways Overall its the agenda they are in it for. May it be Oil, Power, Control over more of the Middle East, Or the NWO big scheme who knows...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's illegal, for the United States anyhow. AKA - We do not target political figures for death outside of specific military aims, during war. AKA - If we decide to assassinate Gaddafi, CNN won't be reporting on it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
It's illegal, for the United States anyhow. AKA - We do not target political figures for death outside of specific military aims, during war. AKA - If we decide to assassinate Gaddafi, CNN won't be reporting on it.

And don't forget.... It didn't go to well for JFK and the CIA. Bay Of Pigs anyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thats easy, We don't assassinate people for two reasons. First, No profit for the arms dealers and second, War helps the governments to depopulate the planet at the taxpayers expense. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Another excellent point. Much of the time you do not have emotion. You can't have emotion. Emotion cause you to hesitate, and hesitation causes death. To be honest it never bothered me much until I got out. Granted I have only been out for a matter of months, but now is when you start seeing those faces. Now is when you never sleep anymore, and as a result of this now much of us are alcoholics who can't keep a family and have no place in modern american society, such as myself.

Assasination can be good, can be bad, but as for recon, we don't mess with political assasination too much. We leave that for government sectors far beyond our knowledge. Again, if the definition of assassination is the same as mine.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What ever happened to keeping our nose out of it? Seems to me a large number of our problems stem from things the CIA may have done in the past, including assassination.

Yes we need to help people, but where do we draw the line?
edit on 21-3-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
How long did it take Delta, Rangers, and SOAR to get to Aidid in Somalia? hmmm...

How long do you think it would it take to get to a well established leader of a country?

Not sure it would be the same result...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Why would they want to assinate Gaddafi when keeping him alive means they can wage war agsint him, get Lybia "stablised" i.e.under Americian control, and get their oil?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What we need to do is ring up the uk and get our mate Bond James Bond 007! Now if there was still some people like that around but who makes cah from secret wars.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

According to some reports in the MSM, the UK SAS has been in Libya for weeks, pinpointing targets.
So there was no pressure to go into Libvya - yeah right!

These same SAs could well have taken Ghadaffi out - I am sure.
And anyway it is an internal matter for the Libyan people.

Seems not so long ago Ghaddaffi was the darling of the West, just ask Toiny Blair.
So why is he now a pariah again?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Did not seem to worry some Americans when they assassinated JFK.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You are so right Frost,

Why not take out one lunatic, and spare many lives.

Sadly, I have to agree that there is an agenda. And lives seem to be worth nothing.

Including the lives of the brave people these agenda-holders send in. And the innocent lives in those countries.

While the puppet masters hide safely behind the curtains.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The coalition used what,
250,000 rounds per kill in Iraq?

forgit about one shot one kill

www.correntewire.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
One bullet costs 32 cents; 110 tomahawks cost 756,000 x 110 = 83,160,000. That's why there is no assassination.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Assassination worked on Kennedy
and regime change worked in the US
other then that
it has been an abject failure.
must have something to do with the amount of Televisins in America

Easier to buy everyone off and get Gerry Brukhiemer to script and shoot the invasion
edit on 21-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join