It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DID THE COST OF FUEL BRING US DOWN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I’m just a dumb American; don’t really understand the money, markets, etc… but in my opinion it seems like every time the cost of fuel goes up things get bad, quickly. And after reviewing some charts, it looks like things got real bad starting around 2008.

In the USA, unless we bring back our own industries and stop building up these other countries then we won’t be able to pay back any of our debts, nor will we be able to live comfortable lives; are we going to continue to spiral down out of control? The near future seems bleak...

In some areas gas prices have reached $3.57(+) per gallon (on average) for regular, and now Americans must brace themselves for higher grocery bills and higher utilities as a result.

Oil Prices
Gas Prices Today

What you don’t think the price for fuel is the cause? Do you remember Hurricane Katrina; do you remember the sudden rise in fuel prices? Do you remember the outcry of Americans over the issue? When fuel prices go higher the cost of everything must go up to cover the extra cost. It’s common sense if you ask me.

Today we also have the dollar value decreasing, which in turn causes more dollars to be spent, in order for others to maintain a profit level so they can afford the higher prices that are being charged due to the fact above. This is a never ending cycle…Wake Up!!!

Dollar Index

Add Wall Street, and other markets to the list with price speculation (bidding), and you get overpriced commodities, which is caused by all the above.

Commodities Chart

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
DID THE COST OF FUEL BRING US DOWN?,

It is not the main cause but it sure did help. I think the main cause is we were sold out. Every thing went over seas and that I feel is the main cause.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The cost of fuel sure brings me down...

every time I open my wallet to fill up the tank.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
no..wallstreet and the bernenke at the federal reserve did.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

no, its a group of trillionaires that have been infiltrating and looting governments for decades and now have the planets most advanced technology, no homeland and a mathematical view of humanity.

gas/oil was part, but who do you think we have to pay to get that oil?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
the store i work in, a cvs, prices are getting insane on some things. a loaf od homeprode wheat bread..$3.49
cvs cashews/nuts in a 20 oz. cotnaineer, i remember only a few years ago, they were like $5-$7.99 as of past few weeks...$9.79
dunkin doghnuts coffee, in a i dunno 12 oz bag was like $6.99 now thier $10.79
peanut butter hasnt gone up in cost,or jelly. eggs are like $2.79 a carton...sick higher at a local food staore chain for some reason. milk is $3.59 a gallon..on sale $3.29
prices are going up so ive noticed..but its on things consideredd a commodity ina sense. prices have gone WAY up on gillette shaver blades, all of them..not the disposable crap, but refills. the proglide and fusion are rediculous, and are NOT a part of traditional shaving at all..goes to show how many men really know how to shave...they made the 3-6 blade systems, to speed things up. they musta figred out how dumb alot of guys got, not knowing about preping yuor skin n face with hot water prior ot shaving and a simple 1 blade old school saftey razor was all one needs..and refills are dirt cheap, like 50 cents a blade.
the proglides, are like $20 for a 8 pack!!! the gillette trac II's (excellent shaving baldes! they fit the bump fighter razor handle) are also insane over $25 for a 20 pack and maretly, outdated, jsut as the good news is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Coffee has shot up in price too, so has rice, of all things effin rice! a box of minute rice is $8.99 big box. much cheaper and healthier to simply buy the goya stuff. jsut takes alot longer to make.
so commoditys* thats all ive notice shoot up in price. ide hate too see how much cheese n bacon are! last i loked at food store, swiss, cheddar was reddiculous..like $5 for a 4-6 oz. brick. you talk about having a heart attack form all the grease in bacon..seeing the prices will give it too you before the cholesterol does

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The rise in fuel started about around the time of the Iraq invasion in 2003. This then culminated in the subprime crisis of 2007. Higher bills were eating into the incomes of that demographic thus they were unable to pay their mortgages. And it snowballed from there.

And it's about to repeat again. People have a short memory.

link   
The rise in fuel started about around the time of the Iraq invasion in 2003. This then culminated in the subprime crisis of 2007. Higher bills were eating into the incomes of that demographic thus they were unable to pay their mortgages. And it snowballed from there.

And it's about to repeat again. People have a short memory.

link   

And it\'s about to repeat again. People have a short memory.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

link   
reply to post by Shdak

link   
reply to post by Shdak

reply to post by Shdak

And it\\\'s about to repeat again. People have a short memory.

new topics

top topics

join