It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghadafi "promises long war"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ghadafi "promises long war"

english.eastday.com

"We promise you a long war," he said.

The television station carried only the sound of Gadhafi's voice, without pictures. "You are terrorists. You are fighting a people that hasn't invited you. Libya has become a hell in the face of enemies. This is an unjustified aggression. We will not leave our land and we will liberate it," Gadhafi said.

"We will not let America and France and Britain or allied forces enjoy our oil," he said. "You will be defeated and you will withdraw."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Despite some of the claims Ghadafi may back down soon, or how he is understanding the situation, this is an article that states Ghadafi is claiming he will not be backing down..

I do not think he has the power to win this war, but it's clear that neither side is going to back down, and there will be many more casualties before this is over with. There is also a video on CNN of his translation.

This is also causing friction between the allies, and Libya is potentially trying to get outside powers for retaliation because of the civillians killed in the American and French bombing... Seems to me things could get alot worse if they do not kill Ghadafi soon..
www.chicagonow.com...

english.eastday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
maybe he is promising a long war with russia and or china, i got a bad feeling about this one...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xaphoocom

I don't know... Russia has claimed that they do not want to see the Allies bomb Libya forces because of the civillian casualties that were an outcome, they are one of the countries not supporting the UN in this decision

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really wish somebody, anybody, would walk up to this pitiful excuse for a human being, and put one right through his temple. He is a man. One person. Worth no more than any one of his subordinates, citizens, or any other person on the planet. Please cut past the [SNIP] and put an end to this tyrants life.
edit on 20-3-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: Do not evade the automatic censors

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think he's blowing hot air. He has to say that kind of stuff so as not to look weak. Saddam made equally boastful threats before the 03 invasion and some news agencies even tried to make the Republican Guard look like some ominous professional war machine. What happened? They turned tail.

I can promise you that all we'd have to do to solve world peace is to drop Chuck Norris out of a C130 at 30,000 feet and let him round-house kick all aggressors to oblivion. Sadly, it's not that easy... Not realistic even.

On a serious note, he mentioned that the US UK and France would not be able to enjoy the oil and what not. That probably means he's just going to ignite the oil platforms. SOP for other regimes in the region that have been invaded really.
Aside from that I can't see the Libyan forces offering any serious resistance in a protracted war for any considerable amount of time, at least in terms of conventional warfare. The Allies have conventional war strategy down to a "t." Once the Libyans start practicing guerilla warfare, planting IED's, and interspersing amongst the local civilian population, then they'll have their long costly war.

Looking at how things have played out so far though, once Gaddafi falls, I can't see a people he oppressed for decades conducting a long, drawn out unconventional war of attrition on his behalf.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

You are right, he probably will destroy the oil fields, but the U.S. is getting criticism already about them only being involved because of the oil. They are supposedly doing this to save the rebels but they have already killed (62?) citizens I believe, if any more die this could potentially look bad on behalf of the countries involved with the UN in bombing Libya. If that happens countries could start to show hostile motives towards the U.S.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just read this on the news.I hope this doesn't get really bad where we have to send ground troops all for this idiot.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
He also said that he was not firing on his own people..... In other words, he says a lot of things....

One thing I do believe is that he will NOT go down with out a fight... And that he will fight his best, even though he cannot win against his "enemy"... He will fight until he is killed.

He did say he would "Die a Martyr"... That is what will happen. He will keep fighting until he dies or is killed...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicMan07

HAHAHAHAHA! Cool story Gidafi. You don't have to leave, we can build jails there for you. Or we can kill you either way.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
BANG! Guadafi's dead... Then the new leadership will sell oil to Israel as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan

nothing ever has to do with saving the people, its only an excuse to get a piece of the action.

why else would we be wasting 100,000 dollar or more (a piece) cruise missiles? cuz their free?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All the idiots at the UN did was guarantee that more commercial planes will fall out of the air or that everyone in some mall/shopping center will choke to death. Actions by the west will have bad consequences. Well, the planes may shake out the airline industry and make them more customer oriented.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The coalition have just took out Gaddafi Ducks command centre, this war is over............................

Source

A missile strike on Libyan leader Col Gaddafi's compound in Tripoli destroys a building which coalition officials say was a command centre.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well there is something on Twitter about his son Khamis Gaddafi who was one of the main ones to attack the people, having been killed.

twitter.com...

edit on 20-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
The coalition have just took out Gaddafi Ducks command centre, this war is over............................

Source

A missile strike on Libyan leader Col Gaddafi's compound in Tripoli destroys a building which coalition officials say was a command centre.

Yeah, because it's just that easy

Whoever really believes that the West can just go in and kill Gaddaffi in order to liberate those poor Libyan rebels are extremely misguided. The whole Western story is BULLSH!T, just like WMDs in Iraq. I can't believe that there are still hatemongerers, as evidenced by this thread, that believe that the West should just go in and kill the boogeyman tyrant and freedom will rain on this country that they knew nothing about before three weeks ago.

What the US just did, and drug along with its buddies the UK, France and Canada, is open a whole new front in their "war on terrorism". US strategic commanders know bloody well that Islamic insurgencies will rise vastly after such action on Libya, and it will give the US more of an excuse to get further involved. After all, to the West, these aren't just Libyans/Iraqis/Afghans fighting for their country, but they are all muslim terrorists that need to be killed.

If the rebels were fighting so hard to defend their country against other Libyans, then how well do you think they will recieve the fact that they are all being bombed by a Western coalition, EXACTLY like in Iraq and Afghanistan? Just wait until Obama and his friends spin the story that they need to send in ground forces to secure the evil Gaddaffi, and to "liberate" Libya by hiring a hundred thousand mercinaries to guard the oil fields.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
He also said that he was not firing on his own people..... In other words, he says a lot of things....

One thing I do believe is that he will NOT go down with out a fight... And that he will fight his best, even though he cannot win against his "enemy"... He will fight until he is killed.

He did say he would "Die a Martyr"... That is what will happen. He will keep fighting until he dies or is killed...

Exactly! Amazing how many posters seem to take this dictator at his word when he is infamous for lying in general.

top topics

join