It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can we make a change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
# this, we need to come together as a whole, and people need to set aside their damn beliefs! for real, our planet is going to shreds and people have to much pride to even do anything, people still care about their ipads and designer purses. the entire economy is over, we should go for a whole world establishment and say # buying anything besides food and water,
maybe our planet is tearing # up because we are killing not only ourselves but the place we live on as well. the change needs to happen now. or hell on earth will manifest and you can hold me to that.
idk maybe im in a rant, idk, i just read the article about the food in japan
www.telegraph.co.uk...

i've been on this site for 4 years, never really posted much,
this is my first post, but i dont care people can say how they feel, everything, i think as a community we need to get the world together.
every system is failing, and the planet is dying because of us.
lets start this change.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Perhaps to make change,

you should break a dollar?

Welcome to ATS. I too would like to see change. For too long we have let some in "power" dictacte what we should think.

While Japan needs help, we are going into a "limited millitary campaign" against Gadaffi!

Insanity!
edit on 20/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree that with the number of people that are here and obviously care about events taking place in the world that we could do some serious good. After looking at the link it seems we could do even a small thing and make a big difference like organize food drives to ship untainted food to Japan for instance. I know it isn't exactly going to fix world but is a start and certainly the right thing to do. If I am too far off your intentions let me know, it is just something I feel we can do to improve things.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was thinking, what would happen if the world at the moment, stopped making anything that wasn't needed, if all the worlds people saw it in a way such as, giving shelter food, water, and medical care im not to sure right now, I've had a long day maybe im dellisuional but if we could just stop this economy then get the planet back to its feet, it could all start with lets say one city, or one state, w.e it would start, thats the point of change right? all the change so far seems like its leading to an angry earth, and dead animals, pollution and poverty, let alone death, war, radiation,

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
anything small can turn into something big, we need to be the momentum,
i feel like this thread should just be here throw ideas, who cares if they sound crazy, but let them come from your heart. if you can help one person survive, that one person could lead millions,

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If we can get your "average Joe" to atleast acknowledge the Matrix we live in, that'd be a start.
I mean, I'm only seventeen, and I don't understand how people can not see the prison we are in.
I've had my World views absolutely shattered since I woke up a year ago.
So maybe the ignorant just love being ignorant? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ignorant = ignore + ant

i think they should relize what we have been doing isn't working, and theres only so much "Fail" you can take, if ya get my drift

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree with rstnh01

We all need to start remembering. Memory seems to be the core of every question man has ever asked. We as individuals need to come together as a whole, remembering all of the things in this existance that really make us feel that we existed. The view of lakes, midnight walks on city blocks, the awe of watching the fusion of organism and machine.

All of these instances, all part of one thing. Progression, no matter what turn it has taken, we have progressed for so long, the answers we want are here, we just have to step back from progression and observe, to further progress, to control ourselves so that we may control our unity.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Change must come soon, and i feel like we are on the right track in bringing forth change for the better

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
totally agree, anyone have any ideas? people need to start getting in tune with nature, we can be reach outstanding possibilities if we just come together, now a days community's are more about debating, debunking, and arguing, and not about being a community. I'm sick of seeing controversy every where i look, i'm sick of seeing separation, and disrespect. I want to LIVE life, not SURVIVE it.

I believe people are waking up, and as the humanity changes, so does the earth, people keep saying "we need to" or "someone needs to", I think we can get something moving here, it could be small, but it could influence someone,
"big tree, has big roots" lets make this foundation stable.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
To make a change is to make a difference.

Firstly we all need to reduce our consumption, use less power use less of everything.

Secondly we also need to have open government and true accountability. Those in power wither they be government or companies need to be held accountable. Let us say as a company director and very highly paid, I reduce the maintenance of say a nuclear power station in the interests of profit. And let us say this machine screws up and poisons the environment, should I not be fully accountable regardless of the excuses, should I not be trailed for a crime against humanity and perhaps sent back to the maker. No instead, I use the magic word sorry, take a payout and the share holders put a new mate of theirs in power. The next person will of course do much the same and yes get away with it, time after time.

Unfortunately the people do not hold those that mess it up accountable, they leave it to elite clubs to do this so therefor perpetuating the problem, after all its the people and planet that suffers in the affected area. The perpetrators and wealthy just move to some place nicer, hence its not truly ever their problem.

Just an idea.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Everyone just needs to eat Psilocybin mushrooms and go into nature for the day and just let go.

If everyone ate mushies right now, In 24 hours this world would be a different place.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mistaken_mystery
Everyone just needs to eat Psilocybin mushrooms and go into nature for the day and just let go.

If everyone ate mushies right now, In 24 hours this world would be a different place.

Unfortunately the same people that are destroying and raping the world for profit, also made this practice illegal. Sad old world, full of corrupt individuals that have never been through the doors of perception.

top topics

join