It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Yes, my friend. True knowledge has always been esoteric. Keep searching

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Random thought:
Wouldn't an all knowing God realize that in a world as chaotic as ours...it is nearly impossible to know the truth from fiction...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Truth is easy to see my friend....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It would seem that way. However, every time I convince myself to go with my gut, something keeps me from just diving in headlong...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Mold remediation in the Bible is a metaphor for remediation of sin and uncleanness. Essential oils kill mold and oil anoints the sinner (metaphor). It's a proven fact. Today, we use oils of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary to kill mold. The Bible suggests cedar wood treated with hyssop. The bible is correct since cedar has a natural retardant to mold. All natural and good for the environment. If we would only follow the science in Leviticus, our technology would not be destroying our environment.

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Is that really one of Socrates' thoughts???

I had that same idea when I was much younger.

Leviticus 14:33-47 we would take our own dwellings down brick by brick if we saw so much as a spot of mould on a wall, yeah?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

well what is the problem?

Can you not tell right from wrong?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Well not only that but note that the earth is fully populated by "man in our image" BEFORE any mention is made of Adam and Eve in the garden. But don't expect any meaningful answer from anyone who thinks the bible is without flaw. They'll have plenty of foolish explanations and excuses. And yes. The "our" part sort of flies in the face of "one God" but they'll have an excuse for that too probably having to do with translation. Good thing for excuses is all I can say.

Note please.... My criticism of Christians is only directed towards those who so stubbornly refuse to even consider the idea that their scriptures contain a few flaws. Most Christians don't sweat the details and good for them. They, at least, can think.
edit on 21-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

No offence, but denigrating Christians by calling their rational explanations mere "excuses" shows an undercurrent of prejudice and unwillingness to listen, oftentimes reflecting a bad experience in the past. I suppose misleading statements such as that have their payment with God later as they incorrectly influence those who would know the truth away from the source of truth.

1. You have incorrectly assumed that the world was fully populated by the statement in Genesis 1. Your assumption would have us believe that there is no other possible explanation. Let me offer one, to illustrate that there may be more than one, not to attempt to provide all explanations that are possible: Perhaps Genesis 1 was a spiritual creation, while Genesis 2 was a matter creation. There you have it, a second possibility. Actually, it appears these things were created in another location then placed on Earth in one day. For example, we see the created male and female in Gen 1, but it clearly states that these things were not on the Earth as of yet (see Gen 2:5, showing these were before they were in the Earth).

That being said, from my ignorant position theologically, I have noticed a difference in the use of terms in Genesis 1. There is a sequence to these words: said, made, and called. In some sequences, He said, it was so, and He called. There may be some forces at work in the sequences of three, or they may be related to the three offices of the Trinity. I Cor 8:6 and John 15:26 show things are Of the Father, by the Son, and through the Spirit. Perhaps when He "said" it was the Father, when He "made" it was the Son, and when it was "called" it was by the Holy Spirit. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Thats a hard claim, technoligy ruins our environment due to greed..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yes it is indeed. The resurrected body is its own nature, just as the creatures in heaven, or aliens, you could take that either way. But they are separated. That restored fullness is something beyond the very nature of the stars and sun and moon and earth and all the splendors of heaven. It's different. It's renewed. It's a new splendor.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

well what is the problem?

Can you not tell right from wrong?

I can tell the difference between the right and wrong that has been pounded into my head...I can also tell the difference between the right and wrong that I feel inside, a physical feeling.

Leviticus 14:33-47 we would take our own dwellings down brick by brick if we saw so much as a spot of mould on a wall, yeah?

I take that to mean that if something even as important as your shelter has an imperfection, tear it down...
-or-
If something as important as your code for living has an imperfection, tear it down.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The root of all truth is merely pride and humility. All choices grow from this root. Genesis 3 tells us this in metaphor. Our choice of seeking knowledge on our own was the choice to walk in pride. This choice resulted in toil and working the land for our pride. If we had just walked with God, He would have educated us properly. Despite our choice to seek knowledge on our own, God still teaches us. All major discoveries in science have come from Jewish scientists. Israel is the Light to all nations, just as the Bible states. God teaches us what we know despite our pride. Truth is just this.

Random thought:
Wouldn't an all knowing God realize that in a world as chaotic as ours...it is nearly impossible to know the truth from fiction...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

God created man in OUR image is from the old testament, so how do you arrive at the conclusion that this means the Holy Trinity of the Lord, his Son, and the Holy Ghost, if Jesus hadn't been born yet nor would be for many generations?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The root of all truth is merely pride and humility. All choices grow from this root. Genesis 3 tells us this in metaphor. Our choice of seeking knowledge on our own was the choice to walk in pride. This choice resulted in toil and working the land for our pride. If we had just walked with God, He would have educated us properly. Despite our choice to seek knowledge on our own, God still teaches us. All major discoveries in science have come from Jewish scientists. Israel is the Light to all nations, just as the Bible states. God teaches us what we know despite our pride. Truth is just this.

But is this a choice that was already made in the past? or is it a choice that can be made now? It seems like if this was an "option" that there would be many truly enlightened people, of which I know of zero.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

One question, why are you reading Leviticus..

these are old teachings before the birth of christ...

If you believe the cleanlyness of your house is very important you're putting too much importants in matters of the physical...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm taking it as a metaphor.
No matter if it is your home, or your mind, you can't have anything in it that you don't see fit.
And if you do stumble upon something unwholesome (mold), tear down and rebuild whatever it is, physical or otherwise.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: hmmm

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
God asked Israel to kill the dreamers of dreams (magicians) in Deuteronomy 13. Follow the trail. Magicians became Alchemists and then scientists. It's all the misuse of knowledge from pride. God gave us the choice. We learn either way. Toil with the land yourself or follow God. That was the original choice. Either way, God knows best and will teach us despite ourselves.

Down through history, God has sought to lead Israel. They wanted a King so God gave them one. He suggested that they simply follow Him and no King was needed. Each time they failed in their own efforts. The entire Bible is God saying, "Follow Me and live." Each time, Israel made the choice of pride. Mankind continues to stumble on this point.

Originally posted by Akragon

Thats a hard claim, technoligy ruins our environment due to greed..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I'm taking it as a metaphor.
No matter if it is your home, or your mind, you can't have anything in it that you don't see fit.

nonsence...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Im sorry my friend i have no interest in the matters concerning israel, they walk their path...

I don't concern myself with worldy affairs

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How can I explain this better...

Let's say you believe in something like...Santa Clause. You believe in him through faith alone. You know that he puts presents under the tree and eats your cookies, but you NEVER see him. One morning you see your parents placing your gifts under the tree. That event is like the mold. Now you have to tear down your belief, re-evaluate, and re-build accordingly...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

are you saying you believe God doesn't exist?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join