It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

The koran is called the word of God as well, so is the bhagavad gita... But they were all written by man...

If you consider God to be in all of us, then yes you could say it was written by God.

But again, writen by man none the less. Theres only one mans words that matter in the whole of the bible..

With all due respect, the obvious reply to this statement is that there is no body in the tomb where Jesus was laid. The folks who wrote the other books are still here, dead. I'm going with the Bible. It's the one backed up by resurrection.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The koran is called the word of God as well, so is the bhagavad gita... But they were all written by man...

If you consider God to be in all of us, then yes you could say it was written by God.

But again, writen by man none the less. Theres only one mans words that matter in the whole of the bible..

The koran is the first 5 books of the bible, The rest is ishmaels line and genelogy, He still bore sacrifice traditions, But took on a vengeful view of God, The koran is a perfect example of satan taking something so pure originally and turning into a wicked tool against GOD.
The is only one God, and he is jesus.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

And if you are still affected by time itself, then you are not God. You are a member of the physical universe.

Another part of the bible does describe aliens. and makes a clear division between them. 1 Corinthians 15

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

The koran is the first 5 books of the bible, The rest is ishmaels line and genelogy, He still bore sacrifice traditions, But took on a vengeful view of God, The koran is a perfect example of satan taking something so pure originally and turning into a wicked tool against GOD.

The koran is not the Torah my friend you are confused...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I look at reality as a forest of fixed trees that we walk through. It's a story that is defined from beginning to end. We walk a unique path through, but ultimately, the only real choice we make is belief. With this assumption, the Bible was merely a tree that was bound to grow in a unique form, but the truth contained within is rock solid from the foundation of its root. My tree is fixed by its root as well. I choose if it bears fruit or not. God simply provides the soil and offers nourishment if I seek and obey his voice. I can't change the forest.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

With all due respect, the obvious reply to this statement is that there is no body in the tomb where Jesus was laid. The folks who wrote the other books are still here, dead. I'm going with the Bible. It's the one backed up by resurrection.

Actually they both acknowledge Chirst....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Well not only that but note that the earth is fully populated by "man in our image" BEFORE any mention is made of Adam and Eve in the garden. But don't expect any meaningful answer from anyone who thinks the bible is without flaw. They'll have plenty of foolish explanations and excuses. And yes. The "our" part sort of flies in the face of "one God" but they'll have an excuse for that too probably having to do with translation. Good thing for excuses is all I can say.

Note please.... My criticism of Christians is only directed towards those who so stubbornly refuse to even consider the idea that their scriptures contain a few flaws. Most Christians don't sweat the details and good for them. They, at least, can think.
edit on 21-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I see you are wise my friend...

I look forward to chatting in the future

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

The koran is not the Torah my friend you are confused...

actually the first 5 Books are in the koran, Not saying the koran is the first five books.

They do believe in God and creation and the laws and sacrifice, Because abraham taught ishmael all that he knew.

They do both acknowledge christ this i know, because im living in the biggest muslim country in the world.'
90% of the people here in indonesia ARE MUSLIM, theres a mosque every 1 km...

They talk of jesus, But they say he is a prophet not the messiah eh? pretty deceptive to those who are muslim from denying them the truth about christ

link   
Confucius sought what was best for the people. Buddha sought enlightenment. Christ was the enlightenment. It's all good. Mohammad was given his complete revelation from an Angel. We must know them by their fruit. His fruit was worldly and warlike. He was a man who lived a fallen life. Christ was not a man that lived a fallen life. Unique to all of history.

link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by PoorFool

And if you are still affected by time itself, then you are not God. You are a member of the physical universe.

Another part of the bible does describe aliens. and makes a clear division between them. 1 Corinthians 15

Sorry if I'm butting in here, but I think it is referring to a resurrected body, when it says celestial. It also refers to how they emanate light, comparing them to the various heavenly bodies. The reason I think it is referring to a resurrected body is due to verse 42, and the idea of sowing it as dead and raising it as celestial in vs. 36, 38, 40.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive when I ask about these things? I believe that there is no reason to live if you don't question things.

Wizards get very nervous when you look behind the curtain ...
edit on 21-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: added quote

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Quite right, but the Koran does not acknowledge Christ as God, merely as a prophet of God. The Koran says God has no son. Ironic, isn't it, since Mohammed was married to a rich Catholic who funded his nonsense before he became a polygamist?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Not saying the koran is the first five books...

but thats what you said....say what you mean bro

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Which leads my in a very defined direction...

Something is hidden/forgotten...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Mohammad was given his complete revelation from an Angel. We must know them by their fruit. His fruit was worldly and warlike.

Yes, totally different from the god of the Old Testament. Good job

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Quite right, but the Koran does not acknowledge Christ as God, merely as a prophet of God. The Koran says God has no son. Ironic, isn't it, since Mohammed was married to a rich Catholic who funded his nonsense before he became a polygamist?

Christ was God just as much as you or i...

He was not God in the flesh, he was a man that lived as God wanted, sent from God even....But not God himself...if God needs a gender of course.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I agree with Socrates. We once knew all. We are born into ignorance and then rediscover what we already knew to begin with. For me, this is why we can recognize truth as true. We ignore truth only when it gets in the way of our pride. We essentially lie to ourselves to justify our actions of pride. Search on. This is the point!

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive when I ask about these things? I believe that there is no reason to live if you don't question things.

Wizards get very nervous when you look behind the curtain ...
edit on 21-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: added quote

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Is that really one of Socrates' thoughts???

I had that same idea when I was much younger.

Leviticus 14:33-47 we would take our own dwellings down brick by brick if we saw so much as a spot of mould on a wall, yeah?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

We are born into ignorance and then rediscover what we already knew to begin with.

This is the idea of reincarnation...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join