It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex

God only send one down to earth, And that was his son Christ jesus, To show the way the truth and the life.
There is no other way to the father than through the son.

Every other religion, Or story or creation of of Gods other than the holy bible, Is a lie, And if you choose to believe that lie, well then your being part of the grand deception, Satan planned as soon as he fell to earth from heaven, We should be wise because the Devil is wiser than any other creature of the earth, He was gods right hand before he tried to take over gods throne, In the battle in heaven written in revelation when lucifer(light bearer) and his angels fought against GOD and the hosts of heaven,

If you accept that satan is dumb and he is not real, well then you really are decieved, Because this is what he wants people to think hes not real, and that he is stupid, But even GOD said that satan is very wise and cunning.

Careful here, as Lucifer is actually mistaken for Satan, and is a Babylonian king referred to in Isaiah 14. Just for fun, a lot of people think it was an apple in the Garden of Eden, too, but it was a fruit.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

I did not say we can not understand science to the extent that God may, I simply said we do not understand it, meaning we don not *currently* understand to the extent...

link   

thats hard to explain here without getting jumped on....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
reply to post by Jim Scott

That is correct, however it is only correct if the words are just as you put them, not without. In my statement, the words not and without are used to describe separate phrases. He does NOT demand to be worshiped WITHOUT question.

Just as you would NOT demand that I agree with you, WITHOUT question.

All that aside, I really appreciate the few people actually keeping this somewhat civil!

Call me simple minded, but that confuses me. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Okay welcome to sunday school 101

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.

1Cr 15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cr 15:47 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

1Cr 15:48 As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.

1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the theory that evil and good are man made concepts?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Call me simple minded, but that confuses me. Sorry.

Haha. Wouldn't think of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Actually the concept of evil and good, Came from the fruit of the tree knowledge of good and evil rofl. Its written in genesis, Cause man ate the fruit and sinned against God, Theres eyes were opened to what is right and what is wrong, There ya go

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Indeed. I have toyed with the idea that all of this just comes from our imaginations...

Then I start to think of how insane of a concept it would be to think of our existence as a mere coincidence, occurring randomly, without some sort of direction or catalyst event...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Actually the concept of evil and good, Came from the fruit of the tree knowledge of good and evil rofl. Its written in genesis, Cause man ate the fruit and sinned against God, Theres eyes were opened to what is right and what is wrong, There ya go

Genisis was written by man, not God...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Indeed. I have toyed with the idea that all of this just comes from our imaginations...

Then I start to think of how insane of a concept it would be to think of our existence as a mere coincidence, occurring randomly, without some sort of direction or catalyst event...

Not at all, existence is a learning experience....you learn more through each incarnation....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Im sorry but yeah lucifer is satan, He is the brightest morning star? he was the light bearer on gods behalf before he tried to destroy dethrone God? and jesus Is now the only way to the father, he is our high priest.

Satan is refered to as many things, serpant, Devil, Prince of darkness, Prince of persia, Prince of the air, Lucifer ect.......Lol look at the apple logo
, on the back of an ipod or on your imac rofl

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yes, Christ is the true savior. The problem is, we cannot really know the true interpretation of the mystery of Christ, or it would not be a mystery. Any Christian that says he possesses the key to the mystery is not true to the meaning of the biblical message. The point isn't the meaning, the point is the path we take because of the mystery. Genesis ch. 3 is the key to salvation. Simply walk with God and end the toil of trying to do it yourself. Live with God, not against. Christ died to do what we can never do on our own. Not by works, lest any man should boast. Telling us the key to the mystery is merely boasting. We really can't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Im sorry but yeah lucifer is satan, He is the brightest morning star? he was the light bearer on gods behalf before he tried to destroy dethrone God? and jesus Is now the only way to the father, he is our high priest.

Satan is refered to as many things, serpant, Devil, Prince of darkness, Prince of persia, Prince of the air, Lucifer ect.......Lol look at the apple logo

My friend you are very wrapped up in the stories in the bible, you have to look a little deeper...find the meaning in the stories...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Genisis was written by man, not God...

Actually genesis was written by man, Inspired by GOD. lold

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Theres the spiritual plane of heaven, Theres the Heavens(Space) and the earth(3rd dimension) right?

So god removed satan of his heavenly place, cast him down with 1/3 of the angels(that are the number of the stars), And who are now known as demons or evil spirits.

Being a spiritual entity they were in heaven, Still are spiritual entities, But when they fell to the earthly realm, They appeared in flesh because they fell from the heavenly realm, Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven yes?, So mans spirit is the only thing that grants him access into the after life, whether you are saved and go to heaven, Or are not and choose not to follow god, You go to hell

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.

1Cr 15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cr 15:47 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

1Cr 15:48 As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.

1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

That is an excellent explanation.
edit on 21-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Live with God, not against.

how?

link   

My friend you are very wrapped up in the stories in the bible, you have to look a little deeper...find the meaning in the stories...

Actually the bible is the only truth i need>? it contains more than enough information thanks
, its sifting through the 2000 pages and studying it that takes a bit of time

link   

May I offer a suggestion here. This appears to contain an assumption. I do not know a place in the Bible where it says they became flesh after they fell. I tend to believe they are still spirits, like in evil spirits or demons. These entities will never inherit bodies permanently, as in the bodies belong to them. They will, however, possess those who are not in Christ on occasion.

I tend to believe that there is a second chance after death for those who are not familiar with these choices, as Jesus preached to the spirits in prison from the days of Noah as seen in I Peter.

link   

****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

It's the English translation you are having a problem with.

'in his image' should read 'as his image'...

It does not mean that we look like God...
...it means we were given soveriegnty of the living world...
...and as such we were to 'image' God in the world.

So it is has nothing to do with appearance and everything to do with function...

The story continues and this soveriegnty and function...
...as God's image in the living world was taken away...
...but was later restored in the activity of Jesus as Messiah.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join